How could I do this to myself?

Don't think about tomorrow...focus on today.

And you are right, breaking NC won't do anything except hurt you more.

You WILL get through this.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I was just reading my thread "How to survive Christmas", which I wrote almost a year ago. I was in a different place back then...a worse place than today. There's been some breaking of NC since then and really bad moments, and I have been sad and angry. And I've missed him so much and wanted him to return to me. Not long ago I was doing some self reflection and couldn't believe how I could end up as the OW (I made a thread about it). It was just another step on my way to moving on..

And today it hit me: I don't want him anymore. It's a feeling and thought that has grown for a while. And it took SO long to get here!

Yes, I haven't been so in love before and after I met him, and he's still a beautiful, smart, funny and caring man. I don't hate ham and I'm not angry with him. I care about him...but I'm glad he's not mine. I would never trust him, and every time he came late home from work or was at a party, I would worry he was with someone else. It would cause me too much stress.

Well..that's how I feel today. Maybe I'll have a breakdown, when Christmas comes near, who knows, but today this is how I feel. I just wanted to share it with you :)