Squats, Underweight... Enough Already! (strong language)

Are you kidding me??? I'd kill for a bigger butt!

Jen Selter has the butt of my dreams! http://images.enstarz.com/data/images/full/34542/jen-selter.jpg

I have totally given up on doing squats and weight gain as I have absolutely no discipline lol ...so I'll just look at her butt and... sigh...

Thanks for reminding me to get back with the buttxercise. Ugh.

You guys are so shallow.

I like either one of those butts, although the first one might be implants and not really into that.

Whatever butt a woman naturally has + hours (per day) of stair stepping, squats and glute bridge as well as a healthy sensible diet that keeps them @14% to 18% bodyfat and they look fit and toned to athletic is perefectly acceptable to me.

Please don't do butt implants.

most_distant_galaxy

No, you are wrong. There are men (in several colours and patterns) who prefer some cushioning on these areas. But if I was a man I would think that both butts look good.

• Like 1
DrReplyInRhymes

In all of my years, I've always liked toned butts,

Kim K's ass is not something I'd touch.

Larger asses are nice, I guess to some guys,

But I'd rather see a tone butt and rather slender thighs.

The second picture is hands down who I would choose,

Aesthetically speaking, both would make make a guy muse,

But if I had to choose, based solely on her ass,

The second picture is the person I would chase and harass.

Oh that sounded so creepy.

Do not take this post very deeply.

• Like 1
Ruby Slippers

I have a Type 2 butt - not flat, a bubble butt, toned but not abnormally big. I have a pretty nice butt, I think :D

My last boyfriend was the first guy I'd ever been with who expressed a strong preference for a big butt. He said, "I'd love to see you with a big, fat ass." I explained to him that my butt wasn't made that way and would never get big and fat unless I were also big and fat or I had some artificial procedure, so he should just appreciate my cute bubble butt the way it was.

I did offer to increase the squats I do, if he would do push-ups for me. But he was too lazy, so that deal never happened :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I find body trends fairly odd.

Trying to change your healthy body to match a trendy body shape is far more odd.

I'll forever be the petite size, all around, and I'm ok with that, even if "bass" is "in" :p

• Like 7
Ruby Slippers
Mine has but we are talking heavy weight with squats/deadlifts.

I'm getting back into strength training again and am determined to stick with it and whip my body into optimum shape! Right now I'm just doing body weight exercises (crunches, squats, pushups, etc.) and using dumbbells. But I've considered moving toward a heavier lifting routine. I took baby steps toward this in 2012 when I had a gym membership, just trying what felt right based on a little bit of research, gradually building up strength and increasing the weight. I was pretty amazed at the results. Definitely helps blast fat and sculpt the body. I don't want to get ripped or anything, but it was nice to have slightly visible abs for the first time in my life!

• Like 1
I'll forever be the petite size, all around, and I'm ok with that, even if "bass" is "in" :p

You and me both. I'll set my watch to that any day of the week!

Right now I'm just doing body weight exercises (crunches, squats, pushups, etc.) and using dumbbells. But I've considered moving toward a heavier lifting routine.

Crunches are fine. I love reverse crunches. However, be sure to also do planks if you aren't already.

• Like 1
chimpanA-2-chimpanZ

I have an amazing ass and I'm not going to be humble about it. It took two years but I went from skinny fat to what my boyfriend proudly calls "dat @ss". None of it is luck or genetics---I just started powerlifting. I deadlift 1.8 times my body weight, I squat heavy, I do jumping lunges until my glutes are on fire. It was tough going at first but I love being strong and lifting huge weights. The @ss was just a bonus.

Secret tip: try glute ham raises, weighted or not, on a Roman chair. Three sets of ten, a couple times a week, for at least three months and you'll see a difference. I promise.

• Like 1

She's probably compensating for her smaller breasts.

Well, what turns you off might be an instant erection for others.

As long as SHE feels good the way she looks, it doesn't really matter.

• Like 4
I'm getting back into strength training again and am determined to stick with it and whip my body into optimum shape! Right now I'm just doing body weight exercises (crunches, squats, pushups, etc.) and using dumbbells. But I've considered moving toward a heavier lifting routine. I took baby steps toward this in 2012 when I had a gym membership, just trying what felt right based on a little bit of research, gradually building up strength and increasing the weight. I was pretty amazed at the results. Definitely helps blast fat and sculpt the body. I don't want to get ripped or anything, but it was nice to have slightly visible abs for the first time in my life!

Lots of useful articles on this site for women as well T Nation | The Hormone Cycle and Female Lifters

• Like 2

My butt got bigger after all the biking I did in the summer - it's not a huge butt, just bigger than before. I didn't even expect it to happen. I had to throw out all my underwear and go buy a bigger size. A pair of pants that used to be too big suddenly became too small and split down the middle when I bent over. It was very annoying. However, I'm still proud of it because it's a sign of my hard work.

That said, I don't really understand changing your body type in order to fit in with a trend. To me, exercise is for my mental health. Being fit and healthy is what matters, and if my body happens to change shape as a side effect, that's fine.

• Like 3
That said, I don't really understand changing your body type in order to fit in with a trend. To me, exercise is for my mental health. Being fit and healthy is what matters, and if my body happens to change shape as a side effect, that's fine.

I also exercise primarily for mental health, and the shape that results is the shape that results. Form follows function, and healthy strong bodies are attractive regardless of trends.

• Like 1
Ruby Slippers
Lots of useful articles on this site for women as well T Nation | The Hormone Cycle and Female Lifters

Thanks! Good article. And a funny coincidence, since about a year ago I read this great book about the cycle and how it affects mood, energy, thinking. That helped me understand the dynamics of my body throughout the cycle, and I totally work with it now. For example, I try to plan more extroverted activities during my "dynamic phase". So this will fit right in with that!

• Like 1
I just saw a girl I haven't seen in a year.... a girl who had the most amazing body I've ever seen, even with very small boobs.

She DESTROYED her body by trying to gain weight and create some nasty, huge ass.

It worked. Where she used to have a trim, fit, small and round ass, the kind that gets guys instantly turned on, she now has this gross, big ass that makes her look as fat as your typical Starbuck's enthusiast.

It's so sad!

Women everywhere are listening to "all about that bass no treble" and getting on the worst bandwagon to hit the female body in years.

GUYS DON'T LIKE NASTY, FAT ASSES. Why are you all trying to ruin your bodies?

Enough, please. There are getting to be so few attractive women left, it's crazy.

You can't speak for all guys.

Most of the dudes I know like "fat asses" actually.

So it's definitely not a one size fits all thing.

It's her body and if you don't like what she's done to it, well...your opinion doesn't really matter. Even if you were her bf it is still her body but at least in that case I could understand your chagrin but here...no.

In any event, yes people should be happy with their own body shape and size though and not aim to have a standardized body which is deemed the only thing beautiful...whether that message is a "fat ass" or being super skinny or having a tiny waist etc. There will always be someone who likes your body for how it is so you need to like it too or if you change it do it for yourself.

I hate crap like this. Why is it cool to make slender women feel undesirable? Not every woman is gonna be curvy.

I think the problem is that in America esp the ideal for a long time has been super skinny and that has been what is in magazines and everywhere as THE only acceptable beauty look to the point where models who are atypical became the standard for what all women should look like, even though most women don't look like that. So now I think there is more of a push to say curvy bodies which are not the super skinny type are also beautiful and looking towards more average bodies as also beautiful. I do think it can get into the territory of just doing the universe, that is making curvy the standard of beauty and excluding those who also don't fit, which is just as bad. But just saying that this push is a push back against the YEARS long "super skinny" standard which left out the majority of women and set impossible standards for the normal woman.

But these days there has also been a push for appreciating ALL body shapes and sizes instead of putting one as the standard that is beautiful and that everyone else needs to aspire to.

I think the problem is that in America esp the ideal for a long time has been super skinny and that has been what is in magazines and everywhere as THE only acceptable beauty look to the point where models who are atypical became the standard for what all women should look like, even though most women don't look like that. So now I think there is more of a push to say curvy bodies which are not the super skinny type are also beautiful and looking towards more average bodies as also beautiful. I do think it can get into the territory of just doing the universe, that is making curvy the standard of beauty and excluding those who also don't fit, which is just as bad. But just saying that this push is a push back against the YEARS long "super skinny" standard which left out the majority of women and set impossible standards for the normal woman.

But these days there has also been a push for appreciating ALL body shapes and sizes instead of putting one as the standard that is beautiful and that everyone else needs to aspire to.

The problem is that it's not common for people to say "curvy is ALSO beautiful" and "skinny is ALSO beautiful".

I saw a facebook post the other day about fit shaming. Shaming athletic women who work out.

It's one thing for folks to have a personal preference, and that's all fine, people like what they like and it's all subjective.

But memes that say "real women have curves, real men like curves, bones are for dogs" memes that imply "10/10 men don't want skinny women", are the popular thing now. Post something like that and a bunch of people will hit the like button. Why is putting an entire group of people down, in order to raise up another group, suddenly the cool thing to do?

Its not cool. It's pretty fckin lame, actually.

• Like 6
. Why is putting an entire group of people down, in order to raise up another group, suddenly the cool thing to do?

Yes, it's lame. I accept that, just as in middle school, people often put others down to build themselves up. I try to remember it comes from a place of insecurity.

Plus, as a thin woman, life has taught me enough that men like my body. No meme is going to change that.

I think everyone has a taste

If she likes her body, that's irrelevant to you

I understand that some girls ruin their body

But God... some guys do that too when they make their body so big thinking they are attractive looking like a hulk

That's what makes me a bit annoyed

Seriously, you are not the hulk, the hulk has a green skin for whatever's sake! :sick:

The problem is that it's not common for people to say "curvy is ALSO beautiful" and "skinny is ALSO beautiful".

I saw a facebook post the other day about fit shaming. Shaming athletic women who work out.

It's one thing for folks to have a personal preference, and that's all fine, people like what they like and it's all subjective.

But memes that say "real women have curves, real men like curves, bones are for dogs" memes that imply "10/10 men don't want skinny women", are the popular thing now. Post something like that and a bunch of people will hit the like button. Why is putting an entire group of people down, in order to raise up another group, suddenly the cool thing to do?

I am by no means skinny

But such posts that make fun of skinny girls and embrace curvy bodies disgusts me..

(it's OK to embrace being skinny or Curvy, just don't put down other body types!)

I mean have some respect people, every kind of body shape and type has his admirers

• Like 1
Ruby Slippers

This is a positive trend.

Where and when I grew up, from what I could see, pretty much the only body type considered desirable was "thin". Big butt and thighs, even on an overall slender woman, were considered "fat".

• Like 3