Wife of 31 years had an affair, my story

VeryBrokenMan

<<<<<< VBM >>>>> >

I wish I could give you a big hug and take away all the hurt and pain. Although you don't feel you are on the wrong website for emotional support, those of us that have been there for you from the beginning will continue to do so - regardless *why* her infidelity occurred.

You are an absolute prince for standing by Ann. Many husbands would have left long ago and not ever known the reasons behind their wife's action. Kudos to you for that one.

I'm so sorry VBM.

I hope you will be able to rally friends and family around for support now that you know what you are dealing with.

Trust your instincts. You've known from the beginning this wasn't a normal/routine case of infidelity.

Stick with your IC and take care of yourself. Hopefully you will find a good support group to help you navigate whats ahead.

On the practical side, when you feel up to it, it might be wise to consult an attorney who deals in elder care, social security, disability etc so that if your wife eventually needs 24 hour care your family is not bankrupted.

Again, I am so sorry and will keep both of you in my prayers.

Hope Shimmers

I am so shocked and saddened VBM.

It's so horribly ironic... you spent all these months struggling, in pain, asking WHY and HOW this could have happened, trying to come to terms with believing you might never know the exact reason(s) for the affair. And now, you are handed the reason in the form of this terrible diagnosis and you are again forced to go through ongoing pain but of an entirely different kind. I can't even begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now.

My thoughts are with you. I hope your wife is handling the diagnosis as well as can be expected. Please, take care of yourself.

So sorry to hear this. Your life could easily spin out of control now, and once again you will have to be the rock she can depend on. I know you have it in you to do so. I won't say "At least you know WHY..." since the WHY is so horrible. I'll just tell you that you have a lot of people hoping and praying that you can stay strong when needed. All of my best wishes are with you and your wife.

Since this thread is very long-winded and the starter has recently received new information which causes them to feel they need to move on to a different forum and line of discussion, we'll close this up and thank the membership for their support and insight in a quite lengthy process.

• Like 8