The Ups and Downs

LukeRBetts

KB, i think we both been going through this about the same amount of time....the memories come back, but i feel ive learnt that when they come back i can deal with them differently, and i can put those memories away quicker and not dwindle on them. I have a GF atm, and to be honest that really has helped moving on alot.

Im greatful for the time i was married to my ex, to an extent i am the person i am today because of that time spent with her. Im also blessed that i get to have another chance at life my way, and that part is starting to excite me. Look for reasons to move forward and the happyness that come from it, it will make the sadness of the memories fade quicker.

• 2 months later...
  • Author

Hi again everyone.

It's been more than two months since I've shared any news, so I wanted to provide an update.

My new friend (although we've known each other almost a year so she's hardly new by now) and I have met up twice since my last update. Each time we do, it's better than the last time. Even though we are thousands of miles apart for weeks at a time, the connection we have returns and gets significantly stronger every time we're together. It's amazing. I am happier when I am with her than I ever was with my exW.

The problem is that we've reached a point where we want to be together, but it just isn't feasible more than once a month or so. We love each other, but we also both have jobs and families and friends and lives that we love. Moving is not an option at the moment.

We just miss each other terribly. I guess the silver lining is that over the past few weeks and months, I haven't thought about my exW or my D EVEN ONCE. All of my emotional energy has been spent on this new relationship and figuring out how to make it work.

Maybe the answer is that we see each other as often as possible for now and make the most of the time we have together and not worry about the future. I think that's the only solution - because the only other options are moving (not feasible right now) or not seeing each other (also not an option).

I'm thinking that this thread is turning from a Divorce story into an LDR story, so maybe I should start another thread in that forum? I guess it's funny how things work out - I feel like I am through 99.9 percent of my issues with my D but now I have this new heartache (a different kind, and not a heartBREAK at least) but it's still tough and I still need help from my LS friends!

Best to all of you!

KTB

• 2 weeks later...

KB,

Glad to here your relationship is going well. I really have no advice or idea how to deal with the LDR though. I really don't know if I could do it.

But at least you are in control if the situation. Unlike the former one we both found ourselves in.

Enjoy the time you have together. As we both know things will work out for the best one way or another.

chew

Jersey born raised

Hi,

Good on you for rebuilding your life. I do have a question about her adultery though. At the begining of your thread you discounted the possibilty of her seeing someone else. Later you mentioned you saw her with a guy going into the dinner, a place she knew you would see them. You admitted it could be a friend or something more. Jan of this year you mentioned I guess that is what cheaters say. Then two pages back you mentioned she commit adultery but would not admit it.

What changed and when?