What is the most annoying stereotype about your gender?

If their tastes very so much, why do these so-called "alpha males" (the rich, handsome and/or famous) have so many more dating options than other men? If your theory is correct.. most men should have about equal dating options because every woman is unique. Right? But that's not what happens.

Why would Channing Tatum have more dating options than your local bus driver? There is really no reason for it other than women have very similar tastes in general.

The truth is women and men, want and desire the same thing.

Security, attraction to the opposite sex that is viewed the highest they can get, and respect.

Which in short, money, love, power.

Now since only a few people can have access to all of these things in the most efficient way possible, the rest change our standards to fit our speed, and we learn to appreciate it because lusting after something we can't get constantly is detrimental to our sanity.

Wanna refute that, ladies?

There's a teacher that quit her job to twerk on live camera.

• Like 1
Generalizations are never vaild when it comes to people because you're disregarding the fact that everyone has a different personality and different wants/needs.

That's not true. A generalization simply means the preponderance, not every instance. I could give you a hundred examples of generalizations that are indisputable despite there obviously being many exceptions e.g., most women are carnivores. The fact that you and a dozen of your close friends may be vegetarian doesn't invalidate the generalization.

In my first post we were talking about stereotypes, which is not the same thing, and there is a big difference between stating that something is always true vs. saying it's true more often than not. It's perfectly reasonable to dislike a stereotype while also acknowledging a related generalization.

I really don't know very many women like that so it could be the type of people you spend time with. There are instances where it's true, nothing is impossible but all it does is spread a stereotype that women are shallow, incapable of love and follow the masses like sheep. Which annoys me. There are stereotypes that all men are ready to drop their pants at the site of a woman, which spreads a stereotype that men are brainless, stupid and incapable of conscious thought. Which probably annoys you (and it annoys me too).

Now, as for men, it is true that [especially very young] men are not discriminating when it comes to copulation. Sure they do the best they can, but if they're not getting any they usually adjust and take what they can get. Heck, they sometimes don't even require that said partner be of the same species. Women are different in this regard.

Let's not confuse personal distaste for a particular stereotype with the validity of a generalization. In both instances I think we prefer consider ourselves an exception, and dislike it when people assume otherwise.

• Like 1
leavesonautumn
That's not true. A generalization simply means the preponderance, not every instance. I could give you a hundred examples of generalizations that are indisputable despite there obviously being many exceptions e.g., most women are carnivores. The fact that you and a dozen of your close friends may be vegetarian doesn't invalidate the generalization.

In my first post we were talking about stereotypes, which is not the same thing, and there is a big difference between stating that something is always true vs. saying it's true more often than not. It's perfectly reasonable to dislike a stereotype while also acknowledging a related generalization.

Now, as for men, it is true that [especially very young] men are not discriminating when it comes to copulation. Sure they do the best they can, but if they're not getting any they usually adjust and take what they can get. Heck, they sometimes don't even require that said partner be of the same species. Women are different in this regard.

Let's not confuse personal distaste for a particular stereotype with the validity of a generalization. In both instances I think we prefer consider ourselves an exception, and dislike it when people assume otherwise.

Honestly, you're getting into semantics with the definition of generalizations/stereotypes and totally missed what I was trying to say. I used the word generalizations because that was the term you used in your initial post so I was trying to stay on topic with you.

My main point, which I'll mention again, is that you find it annoying that men are seen as one-dimensional and after one thing (I'm assuming sex). Yet, you're of the opinion that all women are after one thing (rich alpha males who are above average). That's what I find annoying about gender stereotypes and I find it interesting that you don't see the contradiction.

• Like 4
He's not talking about bottom of the barrel, repulsive specimens. He's right- the average woman, even below average, can have sex with an average or above average guy anytime they're ready to make said compromise. The difference is that they aren't interested in average- women (98 percent anyway) are all waiting for the top tier guy, alpha male, their knight in shining armor, and they're willing to hold out until hell freezes over, or until certain realizations occur to them.

If I had a penny for every time I've read this sort of thing...

• Like 1

It's amazing that all these guys claim to know more about the female experience than women who are actually living it.

I guess it's true: males are know-it-alls and don't listen. It's been proven, so no use disputing it.

• Like 4

Ok, I'm back on topic....

-That women get excited from seeing a penis picture. No, we women aren't visual like men. Where did men get this from? I mean, I like naked pictures of men I've dated - which includes a penis - but not a penis by itself.

I recently saw a stand up show on Netflix from Aziz Ansari and thank God he brought up this topic....!!!

• Author
It's definitely very interesting from a social aspect. So far the female posters have been told directly that our opinions are emotionally driven, we don't find it hard to date, we all want rich men to take care of us, women are dependent on men for things and money etc after we had specifically posted that those are annoying stereotypes and have done nothing to prove that's how we are (the women posting here). We've even posted some of the gender stereotypes that annoy us about men! I wonder if they could do the same about us?

Our posts are being singled out and small parts of the posts being zoned in on to suit what they want to believe. I don't see any female posters replying to theirs and saying "Yeah but most men do cheat. It's not a stereotype, it's common sense". We're agreeing with and liking their posts!

I know when I started this thread I said to share stereotypes that annoy you. However, I never said the stereotypes are necessarily false.

If you find the men are not listening, this is a great opportunity to explain to them why they are wrong for believing these stereotypes. I don't see a lot of that happening.

A well thought out argument works wonders. Saying "I have a friend who isn't like that" is like saying I have a dog that doesn't bark. So what?

saying the same as some others, but that all women (who are not grossly misfigured) have men lined up to date them. I wonder if guys who think that have genuinely been close to a woman or if they are going by what they think they see from the distance or read about online.

Why are these guys too stupid to realize that for every woman dating, A GUY IS DATING HER. so if there are 50 guys and 50 women do you REALLY THINK all 50 women are sharing the top 10% or whatever? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So in turn I generalize this: those men are stupid and most likely have had very little real interaction with women in their lives.

• Like 4
It's definitely very interesting from a social aspect. So far the female posters have been told directly that our opinions are emotionally driven, we don't find it hard to date, we all want rich men to take care of us, women are dependent on men for things and money etc after we had specifically posted that those are annoying stereotypes and have done nothing to prove that's how we are (the women posting here). We've even posted some of the gender stereotypes that annoy us about men! I wonder if they could do the same about us?

Our posts are being singled out and small parts of the posts being zoned in on to suit what they want to believe. I don't see any female posters replying to theirs and saying "Yeah but most men do cheat. It's not a stereotype, it's common sense". We're agreeing with and liking their posts!

I have to agree. I have been known to be cynical about the opposite sex and there is a time for venting about dating from a man's point of view but this thread is not to bash the other gender.

• Like 3

I've got one from real life, going back decades but also occurring during my marriage, perhaps in an odd way, but there ya go. Post link below:

Eh... guys check out every girl that passes by, even if they're not particularly intrigued by them.

The 'odd' part was my exW occasionally wondering out loud why I wasn't 'checking every woman out'. It was probably more disconcerting than annoying, but it did hit some points regarding past failures at meeting stereotypes in the socio-sexual realm and failing romantically as a result. If I had to put a label on it, the stereotype would be men viewing women mainly as sexual objects. I found that annoying, mostly as a young person.

Another one is that men don't want commitment and relationships. Most men will commit if we feel having a particular woman as a wife or girlfriend will make our lives better.

• Like 7

68 OFF TOPIC posts were deleted, if anybody posts any more off topic gender bashing type of postings then take the infraction/suspension of posting privileges in stride.

In case anybody needs help with the topic:

"Ladies and Gentlemen. What (in your opinion) is the most annoying assumption the opposite sex makes about you because of your gender?"

Carry on.....

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Merge
littleblackheart

that women are their own worst enemies - like there is a code that says we can't ever disagree.

that any gathering of women is a b**** fest.

that all single women are Bridget Jones types.

that a childless successful career woman is some kind of robot and / or somewhat unfulfilled.

that men are from Mars and women are from Venus - we may have different priorities for certain things at times, but really, essentially, we're the same.