I don't know if I want kids or not?

intricate

• Author
Sorry you're offended but I'm sure realistically you didn't think 42 was a young mom I mean let's be honest. There are risks after 35 so at 42 it's like risk city.

Anyways I gave my opinion. I don't agree about women rights or equality, it's crap as far as I'm concerned but hey that's me. Don't act like you're better because you're in school with a fiance.. So are a lot of people so what

Nobody is attacking you here. I don't act better than you because I'm in school and have a fiance at 23, what, that doesn't make any sense? :confused:

And did you read my mother's story? Her youngest daughter, my sister, she had her at 37, a "risky age" according to you, but she came out perfectly healthy. And there's plenty of young mothers who have unhealthy babies and miscarriages everyday, age is just one facet in this entire subject. A woman's general health, how she takes care of herself while pregnant, how supportive her relationships around her are in this sensitive time of her life, etc, are also factors to consider.

You don't care about equality and women's issues, that's fine. But we would really appreciate it if you stop insulting us just because we have different values than you do.

• Like 4
Sorry you're offended but I'm sure realistically you didn't think 42 was a young mom I mean let's be honest. There are risks after 35 so at 42 it's like risk city.

Anyways I gave my opinion. I don't agree about women rights or equality, it's crap as far as I'm concerned but hey that's me. Don't act like you're better because you're in school with a fiance.. So are a lot of people so what

I'm certainly not offended, just amused. Trust me, when you're 42 and beyond, you won't think yourself decrepit and ready for assisted living. If you're lucky.

And I don't think the OP thinks she's somehow "better than you" for being in school and having a fiancé. That's her life, her story. I'm sorry you're miserable and I'm also sorry you were born in the wrong decade. You'll likely be hard pressed to find a man who wants to meet you and knock you up the following day. Well, he might do those things, but it's doubtful he'll stick around.

• Like 1
KeepCalmCarryOn
I'm certainly not offended, just amused. Trust me, when you're 42 and beyond, you won't think yourself decrepit and ready for assisted living. If you're lucky.

And I don't think the OP thinks she's somehow "better than you" for being in school and having a fiancé. That's her life, her story. I'm sorry you're miserable and I'm also sorry you were born in the wrong decade. You'll likely be hard pressed to find a man who wants to meet you and knock you up the following day. Well, he might do those things, but it's doubtful he'll stick around.

I actually did meet someone just like that...

You're sorry I'm miserable? Screw you, you don't know me. I am not saying 42 is old in rge scheme of life but to be pregnant yes it's pretty old. My mom had my brother and I older and she's an awesome mom but I still would never want that.

I actually did meet someone just like that...

You're sorry I'm miserable? Screw you, you don't know me. I am not saying 42 is old in rge scheme of life but to be pregnant yes it's pretty old. My mom had my brother and I older and she's an awesome mom but I still would never want that.

Ouch. I'd alert the mods but I think you'd have no one else to talk to.

KeepCalmCarryOn
Ouch. I'd alert the mods but I think you'd have no one else to talk to.

Lol don't worry I have my own posts;) thanks for the concern though haha

• Like 1
  • Author
Yes because she was out of line.

When was she out of line? I'm sorry but you were the one who insulted me and everyone else first, telling us that we're being selfish, old, etc, over which age we feel most comfortable bringing in a child.

This bears repeating: I am not ready to have a child. If I was pregnant now, my life would be ruined, my fiance's life would be ruined, and worst of all, my child's life would be ruined because his/her parents weren't ready to have a baby.

• Like 3
KeepCalmCarryOn
When was she out of line? I'm sorry but you were the one who insulted me and everyone else first, telling us that we're being selfish, old, etc, over which age we feel most comfortable bringing in a child.

This bears repeating: I am not ready to have a child. If I was pregnant now, my life would be ruined, my fiance's life would be ruined, and worst of all, my child's life would be ruined because his/her parents weren't ready to have a baby.

Peoole adapt to unfavorable circumstances all the time. If you're that set on not having kids right now then why are you asking? I mean your mind is made so what was the point of this post?

Yes because she was out of line.

How exactly have I been out of line?

First you have continually tread jacked. Made accusations about the OP being somewhat better than you. Berated other posters who don't share your pregnancy at 23 theories. Said they were wasting their fertility, said it was a horrible way to live their lives.

And yes, I am sorry that you're unhappy with your life. I have read all your different threads, and they all have the same theme. You want to find a man, get married and start having kids. And hey, that's okay. It is your life after all. But this thread is not yours, and the OP isn't you! Just because others don't want the same things, didn't do it the same way, or [shudder] don't want children, doesn't make their life better than yours or wrong. Just different.

Good luck, OP!

• Like 3
KeepCalmCarryOn
How exactly have I been out of line?

First you have continually tread jacked. Made accusations about the OP being somewhat better than you. Berated other posters who don't share your pregnancy at 23 theories. Said they were wasting their fertility, said it was a horrible way to live their lives.

And yes, I am sorry that you're unhappy with your life. I have read all your different threads, and they all have the same theme. You want to find a man, get married and start having kids. And hey, that's okay. It is your life after all. But this thread is not yours, and the OP isn't you! Just because others don't want the same things, didn't do it the same way, or [shudder] don't want children, doesn't make their life better than yours or wrong. Just different.

Good luck, OP!

You're an older, wise lady right? I'm sure you know how you were out of line. You don't know me you saw my posts, so? Don't act sympathetic towards me because it's not sincere. You have no reason so feel sorry for me my life is kind of awesome. So thanks but no thanks

• Author
Peoole adapt to unfavorable circumstances all the time. If you're that set on not having kids right now then why are you asking? I mean your mind is made so what was the point of this post?

There is nothing worse than being brought up by parents who never wanted you in the first place. Kids aren't stupid, they can pick up on these subtle things. It's not fair for me or my partner to have a child now on the sole basis of us getting married soon.

I am not set on my mind, hence this thread. I may want children in the near future, but certainly not now.

The world is better off when everybody has children when they are 100% ready. Less unhappy children that grow up to be unhappy adults and take their bitterness out on everybody. (I'm not talking about you, by the way, just to be clear.)

• Like 3
KeepCalmCarryOn
There is nothing worse than being brought up by parents who never wanted you in the first place. Kids aren't stupid, they can pick up on these subtle things. It's not fair for me or my partner to have a child now on the sole basis of us getting married soon.

I am not set on my mind, hence this thread. I may want children in the near future, but certainly not now.

The world is better off when everybody has children when they are 100% ready. Less unhappy children that grow up to be unhappy adults and take their bitterness out on everybody. (I'm not talking about you, by the way, just to be clear.)

Ok whatever this is pointless do whatever who cares

You are very wise! And young!:p

You've got this, Intricate!

I'll bow out. Getting late and I've got a 3rd grader to wake up at the crack of dawn. And at my advanced age...

• Like 3
  • Author
You are very wise! And young!:p

You've got this, Intricate!

I'll bow out. Getting late and I've got a 3rd grader to wake up at the crack of dawn. And at my advanced age...

Good night, dear! :bunny: I know you're a wonderful mother and I want to be like you when I grow older and wiser. :love:

• Like 2

That was definitely an interesting threadjack.... :eek: :eek:

Hope you are doing well Intricate. Good head on your shoulders there Hun, your wisdom is already shining. :)

• Like 2
It's just wrong. Like there are people out here who can't have kids and you Have the ability to but won't. It's wrong. Don't patronize me like "oh maybe you should talk to your therapist". That's the least of my issues.

I never want kids... So what you are suggesting is that I get pregnant, have my life ruined, have a kid I don't want, have my life ruined even more, and resent the kid for its life for ruining mine?

Why can't you just let people make their own choice when it comes to kids?

Let a woman have 20 or let her be child free but it should be her choice.

• Like 2

I've been married 6 years and I'm 25. I must be an old lady since I have no kids. Something must be seriously wrong with me for wanting to share my life with my husband and enjoy our lives together.:laugh: Hell, we'll probably be married 16 years before we have children!:laugh: and who cares?! It's my life.

• Like 2

It's just such a waste of your body and eggs and stuff to me. Like ew if you don't want kids donate your eggs to help someone else, don't just be selfish and kidless. It seems like an awful life"

No thanks. I'd rather work towards helping those already here. We can't take care of the ones ALREADY on earth, why should I use my eggs to help make MORE? And you call me selfish? I'm of the opinion that we should care for those people, plants, and animals already here. That's way unselfish I think.

Excuse you, but you are complaining about "people don't know me" but you just called me and other people who don't want kids mean and selfish. You don't know me either. I don't even swat at flies or kill mosquitoes. I mean that literally.

"people can't have kids" I'm not a walking womb and egg for the infertile.

• Like 2
It's just such a waste of your body and eggs and stuff to me. Like ew if you don't want kids donate your eggs to help someone else, don't just be selfish and kidless. It seems like an awful life"

No thanks. I'd rather work towards helping those already here. We can't take care of the ones ALREADY on earth, why should I use my eggs to help make MORE? And you call me selfish? I'm of the opinion that we should care for those people, plants, and animals already here. That's way unselfish I think.

Excuse you, but you are complaining about "people don't know me" but you just called me and other people who don't want kids mean and selfish. You don't know me either. I don't even swat at flies or kill mosquitoes. I mean that literally.

"people can't have kids" I'm not a walking womb and egg for the infertile.

I agree. There is always adoption for people who really want kids and cannot have any...the world is already overpopulated as it is.

• Like 1