Eharmony or Match or both?

But how long? I want to be a decently young mom and I am practically 25. I don't want to end up 35 and single and with no kids while my eggs dry up. I'm getting anxious thinking about it. :sick:

I just wish I could meet someone tomorrow who is desperate (but attractive and smart and nice) and wants marriage and babies. I know tons of people my age getting married or at least in LTR

I am past that ago and I am far from crusty! You know what I am actually far happier now than before. I have taken the pressure off of myself completely.

I always thought I would have to do XY and Z by AB and C age. What a load of old cobblers...

These days I am single, I am happy and I am doing the things I want to do... Before I spent my entire time looking after everyone else now I am looking after ME.

I started yoga earlier this week (by the way around 45% of my class is male), I have ordered my first pair of trainers and expect them to arrive today so I can also start running next week, I have started rowing, walking more, going to concerts and shows... I am planning an epic holiday and a sky dive but still haven't found anyone stupid enough to come segway racing with me although I have got to research something called "tree running" today and get that booked... I have learnt to walk in high heals, started learning how to do my hair properly and stylishly, make up, clothes, moisturizers... reading more books, talking to more people... I have even started making choices for myself about colour and how to decorate my bathroom (only taken 10 months but hey!). I am involved in charity work and go out and get involved in community projects...

Still not sure about the make up and clothes business but you have to start somewhere eh?

Does this little snap shot seem boring or dull to you???

I feel like a man would be happy that his woman wants to stay home and take care of babies

Do you know anything about finances?

• Like 2
There is nothing worse than seeing the same person pop up in searches on multiple sites with the same pics and cookie-cutter profile!

Maybe other women would disagree but for ME, this was a huge red flag that rendered those men ineligible regardless of how cute or glowing his profile was.

Good luck.

Kind of hypocritical, no? (as you wouldn't realize someone is on multiple sites unless you were on the same sites as well)

• 2 weeks later...
Idk I don't venture out much. I go to class and go home which is awful for meeting people I know. I'm just like.. I get anxious around other people and nervous and I don't really want to go to other buildings. I know that no one is going to hit on me anyways so there's no point

How do you know unless you try?

Why go home right after class? Meeting people online is harder apparently because you will have to weed through a lot of weirdo's and game players.

• Author
KeepCalmCarryOn
How do you know unless you try?

Why go home right after class? Meeting people online is harder apparently because you will have to weed through a lot of weirdo's and game players.

Half the time to go to sleep or do homework. I have gone to a few local coffeeshops to work... no one approached me.

I feel like a man would be happy that his woman wants to stay home and take care of babies

Nope.

Especially not in your age group. Men around your age are still living their lives, having fun, etc...

You already want to settle down, start a family, etc...

Your goals are what's causing you to fail.

Best advice I can give you:

Go out and find things you enjoy doing. Yoga is a start. Are you an indoors or outdoors type? Indoors, look at various crafts you can get into, look at taking up martial arts if that interests you, take up music if you like, online games...all kinds of things. Outdoors type...camping, hiking, cycling, backpacking, birdwatching, geocaching, etc...

THAT is where you're going to meet people. Doing something in common. THAT is how you start to find a connection with someone.

Your posts here on LS do indeed sound desperate, and your self-imposed timeline is bound to scare off damn near any man who meets you. You're looking for a mate...men need to find a woman that they share common ground with before they CONSIDER her as a possible mate. Otherwise she's just fun for a romp.

Get that common ground first. Don't scare them off with your agenda and focus on your timeline. Learn to enjoy who you are first...that'll attract the kind of man you're looking for.

Half the time to go to sleep or do homework. I have gone to a few local coffeeshops to work... no one approached me.

I could have saved you the price of one expensive coffee. The place is only good for 2 things...1. people on a meet n greet, 2. people there to use the free wi-fi

Another question, do you think it is possible to meet a quality man online?

Define "online".

If you mean on a match-making/dating site...my first response is no. They guys that go there probably aren't ones that would do well in person. That's my particular opinion, and not based on anything but my opinion.

If you mean via a site or forum that focuses on something unrelated to relationships...possibly.

But there is a huge risk of him not representing himself accurately because it's tremendously easy to hide behind the internet.

Much better to meet a potential partner face to face. Less opportunity to hide some facet of himself that he'd rather you not be aware of...like being married, or 200lbs heavier than his profile pic shows him at.

• Author
KeepCalmCarryOn
Define "online".

If you mean on a match-making/dating site...my first response is no. They guys that go there probably aren't ones that would do well in person. That's my particular opinion, and not based on anything but my opinion.

If you mean via a site or forum that focuses on something unrelated to relationships...possibly.

But there is a huge risk of him not representing himself accurately because it's tremendously easy to hide behind the internet.

Much better to meet a potential partner face to face. Less opportunity to hide some facet of himself that he'd rather you not be aware of...like being married, or 200lbs heavier than his profile pic shows him at.

I meant online dating sites lol.