Does anyone subscribe to Match?

FitChick

I used Match.com, did manage one short relationship (the only one I have had) so it can work. In the end it is just a tool to widen the dating pool and thus provide opportunity to meet more of the opposite sex who are also single and seeking love; particularly useful for those who struggle to meet people by more traditional methods. I took a break from it for a year or so and went back on in July.

deathandtaxes
He lives in Albert, Texas does he? I wonder if this woman is a medium.

I'm going to report her to the admins at Match.

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. My gut says bs scam.

But brava to you, OP, for wading into the fray!

I was on Match, and met my boyfriend there. We actually met at OKC first but it didn't go anywhere and then I saw him again at Match and favorited him. He emailed me saying he remembered me from OKC and so after exchanging emails for about few days and me going on vacation and then him, we met after about 3 weeks. We're now together for almost 14 months.

• Like 1
The "popularity" of dating sites is a bunch of BS. Online dating is not as popular as the media makes it seem. I'd say more than 85% of single and unattached men and 95% of single women do not use dating sites in a serious capacity, and most of them have few or no problems finding people to date. I don't see this changing anytime soon.

I disagree. The older we get the less opportunity is abound. A lot of people are married, we arent hitting bars or nightclubs and picking people up anymore, the good people tend to have jobs and maybe kids. Workplace sexual harassment laws are like shackles with the people you are most likely to meet so approaching them is fraught with peril at most professional workplaces.

A woman under 25 of average or better looks has no need for a dating site unless she's looking for a man who is older because she will get cold approached constantly. They may get sick of meeting men that way though because a guy who has the balls to cold approach has very refined game and is quite possibly a player and chicks at that age rarely would consider dating their friends.

I've been using OLD since January and I have slept with 14 women. One of them I picked up day game in a pub and hung out with her for 6 weeks. Another was introduced to me by a roommate but given the 18 year age difference it was just a one nighter. All the rest were from OLD.

I disagree. The older we get the less opportunity is abound. A lot of people are married, we arent hitting bars or nightclubs and picking people up anymore, the good people tend to have jobs and maybe kids. Workplace sexual harassment laws are like shackles with the people you are most likely to meet so approaching them is fraught with peril at most professional workplaces.

A woman under 25 of average or better looks has no need for a dating site unless she's looking for a man who is older because she will get cold approached constantly. They may get sick of meeting men that way though because a guy who has the balls to cold approach has very refined game and is quite possibly a player and chicks at that age rarely would consider dating their friends.

I've been using OLD since January and I have slept with 14 women. One of them I picked up day game in a pub and hung out with her for 6 weeks. Another was introduced to me by a roommate but given the 18 year age difference it was just a one nighter. All the rest were from OLD.

I am 55 and am approached often. Whether it's in a bar or restaurant, on my bowling league, etc. I am on OLD as well. My two current favorites I met at the bar/restaurant I frequent after work for dinner before going home. I usually eat my dinner and leave shortly thereafter. While I am there conversations are stricken up and over time I got to know them and found them to be great guys.

My success with OLD has been 0 for 3. One was in it for just sex even though he talked a good game, the second one was a complete and total loser on all fronts, but again, he could write and talk a good game, the third was a nice man but way too shy for me.

It is a numbers game and being smart in conversing and weeding out. It takes practice and confidence.

I am 55 and am approached often.

Good on you. I wasnt implying that those over 25 dont get cold approached, just that a good looking girl 25 or under will get cold approached constantly.

I was seeing a 25 year old girl who was pretty cute for six weeks over the summer. It was quite the ego boost catching almost every dude anywhere we went sneaking looks at her. I was in a bar with her and despite us totally full on kissing 7 times and me repeatedly pulling her skirt down because it was riding and she was commando, some dude still kept trying to get her number right in front of me because she introduced me as a "good friend".

Good on you. I wasnt implying that those over 25 dont get cold approached, just that a good looking girl 25 or under will get cold approached constantly.

I was seeing a 25 year old girl who was pretty cute for six weeks over the summer. It was quite the ego boost catching almost every dude anywhere we went sneaking looks at her. I was in a bar with her and despite us totally full on kissing 7 times and me repeatedly pulling her skirt down because it was riding and she was commando, some dude still kept trying to get her number right in front of me because she introduced me as a "good friend".

I get the ego boost, but her going commando and allowing her skirt to ride up was certainly noticed by the other guys and she knew what she was doing.

As for her engaging another man at all and introducing you to him was disrespectful to you. A lady would have said, excuse me, I am with a date and wished him a nice evening before he even got to asking for her number.

I tried Match once and bought a 3 month subscription. It was a mixed bag to say the least. One guy invited me out to a fairly nice restaurant, and his credit card got declined. Talk about awkward. It was a first for me.

I did meet another guy that was genuinely normal and seemed very nice. There was just no chemistry between us. There were other people who messaged me a lot but never asked for my number or if I wanted to meet up. They would just message me every few days or so.

I think you have to take it all with a grain of salt and be aware that most people are juggling multiple prospects at once, which is something that usually doesn't happen out of OLD. OLD lends itself to dating several people at once. I think it's merely a tool that you have to use wisely, and you need to be able to weed out people who aren't serious.

• Author

I changed my location to an east coast state where I wouldn't mind living. The men are much better than in Texas. I feel more hopeful now. :love:

One guy asked me if I was interested in dating younger men. I am but not him at any age. Couch potato.

• Author

Well, well. Got another scammer with the same type spiel. A woman who has a 'friend' who happened to see my profile, blah blah blah.

Also the first woman emailed again -- 'Ricardo' has moved from the ghost town to Danville VA.

We have to think of a code to use to indicate we aren't subscribed but that will fly under the radar of the censors.

Sometimes when I've been on paid sites (not Match) without a subscription and I saw someone I liked I would search the same username at the obvious free sites to see if the same woman was there under the same name. Sometimes that worked, and then I'd write to her at the free site.

• Author

This is getting old:

"My Club member Walter who isn't into internet dating came across your profile through my account Last night and he's been all over me about getting in touch with you, he said you seem like a woman whom has found balance in all aspect of Life which is a hard thing to come by these days. He's 6'2' tall, 58 years old, Widower, a good Listener, Good Looking and all rounded a complete Guy, I didn't tell him I was gonna contact you, but thought i take a chance, you never know until you try, it might worth it in the end. take a chance and e-mail him, he'll share a picture and more information with you, his direct e-mail wh9849650 // at //gmail //. // com .

Sorry to bother you, one thing I can assure you is you'll brighten his day if you do get in touch with him,

Have a wonderful day…"

I've never seen a scam like this anywhere else. None of them have profiles either beyond a name, age, location and photo of a woman. Should I tell them that I have reported them?

What kind of 'club' is he a member of? Seems really sketchy to me. Wouldn't bother telling whoever it was that messaged you that you're reporting them.

That, too...and women under 25 are in college...why do online dating when you have the pool at college?

• Like 1
  • Author

Finally someone remotely attractive and interesting contacted me -- but he's over 20 years younger. I draw the line at 19 years younger!

"Hi, great pic. I realize that I am a little younger, but I happen to be quite mature for my age. Anyway, I'll keep this short as you probably receive 100 msg a day, but hit me up if you're seeking someone funny, athletic, and handsome."

From his pics it looks like he was in the Gulf war. Now works for the government so probably a civil servant. Never married, no kids. Might be fun to hang out with on vacation since I was planning to visit his state in a few weeks.

Finally someone remotely attractive and interesting contacted me -- but he's over 20 years younger. I draw the line at 19 years younger!

"Hi, great pic. I realize that I am a little younger, but I happen to be quite mature for my age. Anyway, I'll keep this short as you probably receive 100 msg a day, but hit me up if you're seeking someone funny, athletic, and handsome."

From his pics it looks like he was in the Gulf war. Now works for the government so probably a civil servant. Never married, no kids. Might be fun to hang out with on vacation since I was planning to visit his state in a few weeks.

Sorry, Fit. That was me :)

JK!

• Like 1