"Rebounds"?

My old ex said to me at the time that I would end up regretting it.. And turns out she was right in a way. This is kind of strange, maybe everyone goes through the same thing? You hurt someone, and then you get hurt... Then what happens next? Maybe third time lucky :)

Hmm, I am really unsure about emailing her. I don't want to hurt her, or open old wounds... What do you think?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
strong-hearted

true, like I said I already paid for what I did I'm just waiting for the day when he pays for what he did

if not he's just gonna go just jumping from one relationship to another and all he's gonna do is just keep hurting people u know, but honestly don't do it, you don't want to risk it, if you feel like you are prepared to get a cold responce, or maybe if you guys start talking again you never know what could happen

She has a boyfriend, I know she does. I kind of just want to apologise, I don't want her back as my girlfriend.

strong-hearted
She has a boyfriend, I know she does. I kind of just want to apologise, I don't want her back as my girlfriend.

ohh ok, then no I don't think you should email her or contact her, I wanted to do the same thing but I won't maybe one day if I ever run into him I could talk to him and apologize but you don't want to risk feeling worse than you already do

ohh ok, then no I don't think you should email her or contact her, I wanted to do the same thing but I won't maybe one day if I ever run into him I could talk to him and apologize but you don't want to risk feeling worse than you already do

Well I actually did email her, an apology. I didn't do it expecting a reply, and I haven't had one. Felt I owed it to her though as she was a lovely girl and didn't deserve what I did :)

Was just wondering, are you in the US or UK?

strong-hearted

well at least you are man enough to apologize so I'm glad you did it, weather you get a response or not you know you were wrong and owned up to it so that's good

and I am in the US..well CA to be exact :)

I think they're just that. An in between person to help/prevent you from having to deal with the actual pain of a breakup, adjusting to being single, etc - in both the dumpee and dumpers case.

When people get out of a relationship and mere weeks or months later they're already professing their newfound love... You just sit back and watch it fall to pieces sooner than the average relationship. There's a lot of unresolved issues from the last relationship and there will be projections onto the new one. After enough time passes and the initial honeymoon phase does down, reality sets in and people have to eventually deal with whatever issues drove them out of the previous relationship.

Staying single has been the best thing I have ever done for myself. I can't fully give myself to someone when I'm still moving on from the last and of course working on myself.

strong-hearted

yeah honestly two weeks after the breakup I find out he's seeing someone, a week after that I couldn't help it but I checked his Instagram and since it's private you can only see their name and maybe a little "bio" well he wrote their initials and when I saw that I was like dang this thing is for reals it's serious now, and since this has never happened to me I didn't know first hand about rebounds and stuff so when I found out he had a "new girl" I honestly though it was real. he was so quick to jump into another relationship and with someone who has a kid, I guess his desperation to hide or run away from the pain of the break up is big, if they do last then it probably wasn't a rebound..that's what I think