OLD Plenty of Fish "About You: Ask away."

• Author

True. My apologies. I'll start a post this evening. Keep an eye out in the "in search of" sub forum. :-)

My previous comments stand, but maybe we should continue in another thread - these clearly aren't the "Ask away" women with blank profiles that the thread is about.
I've recently come across quite a few profiles of women (not sure if this happens with men, as I don't browse men's profiles). Where they would have plenty of nicely done pictures, around 6 , but in the "About Me" section, all they say is, "Ask away" or "If you have any questions just ask"

Sometimes they'd get a little longer, "Don't want to give to much of myself on here, so best to just send me a message" or "I'm not good at writing about myself, so if you have any questions, just ask."

I even had seen a couple that said, "No one reads these things anyhow, so if you have any questions, just ask".

Is this a deal breaker for you or do you contact them anyway? Maybe there's some truth to what the say?

I immediately ignore such profiles.

In OLD I have a detailed profile. Not a novel, just about a paragraph that gives a man a sense of who I am, what I'm looking for and enough to give him some clue of whether or not I am someone he wants to get to know. THE PROFILE is what lets me decide to message you and ask you further about yourself...if you have nothing on it, your picture alone doesn't do it for me. I'm not that shallow. I need to see some sense of how you express yourself and if what you write makes me laugh, shows your personality or gives some clue about who you are.

I'm not here to just drill you with 20 questions off the bat. Your profile gives me some common ground and some background to work with for a more organic convo. where I can ask you to elaborate on stuff you said or comment that I liked what you said about XYZ or something. The "Ask away" nonsense is so annoying and awkward to me. I also hate when a man clearly doesn't read a word on my pfoile but messages about "Tell me about you..." DUDE CAN YOU READ?! Read first then ask further questions about what you read, don't just expect me to start cold and give you a monologue...that's what the profile is for. It's like the synopsis of a book or trailer for a movie...you read the short blurb at the back to decide if you want to read the whole book or watch the 1 minute trailer to see if you wanna see the whole film. Same thing IMO.

Seriously, if I was going to get back into OLD (and that's a very big IF), I'd create a profile with a bunch of pics of myself acting goofy in a caveman costume and holding a big fake wooden club. I'd fill out the bio part in cookie-monster English. That's pretty much what a lot of OLD profiles have devolved into.