The Evil Good Looking Man

hotpotato

thefooloftheyear
If a woman were in love with a man, and he cheated on somebody else and left that person to be with her, the philosophy I subscribe to is that that woman should not accept a future with the man, because he would be dishonest. The woman should find an honest man. But if you suppose all men, roughly, are dishonest by nature ANYWAY, then what would that mean about her choice?

I am extremely curious about how many women actually live this philosophy, and I also wonder how it varies with culture and economic status.

Nowhere did I say anything about all...

But there are people that do things for reasons that others do not agree with..Not sure if you are from the US, but there the story of the NFL football player Ray Rice, that was videotaped knocking his then girlfriend out cold, then dragging her off an elevator like a pile of garbage...

Not only did she not press charges, she stood behind him and actually married him...Call it "misguided loyalty" or whatever you want...but it does exist..

What does that mean about her choice??

TFY

If a woman were in love with a man, and he cheated on somebody else and left that person to be with her, the philosophy I subscribe to is that that woman should not accept a future with the man, because he would be dishonest. The woman should find an honest man. But if you suppose all men, roughly, are dishonest by nature ANYWAY, then what would that mean about her choice?

I am extremely curious about how many women actually live this philosophy, and I also wonder how it varies with culture and economic status.

This may be getting a bit philosophical, but I don't think that anybody, man or woman, is dishonest by nature.

Our society promotes dishonesty. The average PERSON is dishonest because they have a poor value system, which has been encouraged ever since we lost our morality.

TouchedByViolet

But there are people that do things for reasons that others do not agree with..Not sure if you are from the US, but there the story of the NFL football player Ray Rice, that was videotaped knocking his then girlfriend out cold, then dragging her off an elevator like a pile of garbage...

Not only did she not press charges, she stood behind him and actually married him...Call it "misguided loyalty" or whatever you want...but it does exist..

TFY

If a women likes a guy she will put up with lots and lots of crap. Infidelity, abuse, lies, etc.

• Like 3
If a women likes a guy she will put up with lots and lots of crap. Infidelity, abuse, lies, etc.

Only a dumb woman with no self worth, low self esteem, not a go-getter, and one that relies on a man to look after. So your comment is out to lunch, as I know of quite a lot of women, the type that are into shattering the glass ceiling as opposed to spending their lives messing around, that will NEVER put up with any nonsense.

Likewise, it doesn't matter how pretty or ugly a woman is, once I sense a behaviour that disrespects me...it's cheerio luv. I have done it before with my ex (mother of my child), and will do it again.

Again....People fail to see how communication and mutual respect are two factors you need to have in place right off the bat.

Looks should NOT be a hallway pass to everything goes.

• Like 1
I agree. Unfortunately, for many people this is exactly how it works. Our culture in the USA is now built around the worship of beautiful celebrities.

Don't be too hard on yourself, it's not just a USA thing...it's the same in Asia, Africa, Europe and South America. Listen to the lyrics from Beyonce at the 1:20 mark in the song called "flawless".

NOTE: I apologize upfront for the language used in parts of the song, it does NOT represent my thoughts or how I convey words when dealing with women.

It talks about how we encourage young women not to be in competition with one another for jobs / careers, but instead for the attention of boys/men.

TFY

This gives me chills.
Only a dumb woman with no self worth, low self esteem, not a go-getter, and one that relies on a man to look after. So your comment is out to lunch, as I know of quite a lot of women, the type that are into shattering the glass ceiling as opposed to spending their lives messing around, that will NEVER put up with any nonsense.
I also know strong women in my own family that left new marriages immediately once the man cheated, and whom I admire. However, be careful not to judge a person for her personal choices that are hers to make. I think human beings are subject to undertows that are as of yet unexplained. Some of the people "into shattering glass ceilings" might also at some point put up with nonsense.
  • Like 2
TouchedByViolet

Likewise, it doesn't matter how pretty or ugly a woman is, once I sense a behaviour that disrespects me...it's cheerio luv. I have done it before with my ex (mother of my child), and will do it again.

Again....People fail to see how communication and mutual respect are two factors you need to have in place right off the bat.

Looks should NOT be a hallway pass to everything goes.

I also know strong women in my own family that left new marriages immediately once the man cheated, and whom I admire. However, be careful not to judge a person for her personal choices that are hers to make. I think human beings are subject to undertows that are as of yet unexplained. Some of the people "into shattering glass ceilings" might also at some point put up with nonsense.

I know some intelligent, and hard working women with successful careers who make terrible relationship decisions. It's not cut and dry.

• Like 2
I know some intelligent, and hard working women with successful careers who make terrible relationship decisions. It's not cut and dry.

Hence the saying.....you can't have it all. However, I will always NOW settle for the intelligent, hard working successful woman with a career, before the wal-mart greeter, stay at home, or jobless one looking for a free ride.

I ain't your dad...luv

When one first encounters a young man, one forms impressions, with appearance being one of the first impressions one forms. Such aspects can be seen from people's reactions to babies. Essentially, the baby has no personality and doesn't treat anyone good or bad, well or evil; it just is. Ever heard the expression 'a baby only a mother could love?' That doesn't refer to their personality. It's looks.

By the way, that handsome young man, photographed at age 16 just prior to entering Harvard University, would become the infamous Unabomber. To the extent he could hide his developing schizoid and sociopathic personality, his looks could, and did, get him places an uglier young man would never have access to. Good looking people get more benefit of the doubt, even when inklings of evil ways rear their ugly head.

I've seen it myself, with women. There's no doubt I've mitigated evil due to it being packaged in a pleasing and attractive container. Gave it the benefit of the doubt. Made excuses for it. Rationalized it. Finally, learned from it. Part of life I guess.

• Like 2

Yep there is a lot more to it. Love is blind, deaf and stupid.

• Author
I doubt your gramdpa is seriously trying to pickup 20somethings, but have no doubt he would love to, but the main reason he is doing it is to feel young again. The vast majority of 20somethings will be sexy to him, and will have less attitude in response to his flirting than older women. I know old geysers like this. Still desiring & interacting with these women will make him feel young at heart even if he is not getting any action. These are the woman that really captured his heart/desire 20-30-40-50 yrs ago, and he's past the age where he gives a **** how he looks or if comes across as desperate or deluded or if they even take him seriously. He gets a kick out of interacting and hopefully getting a smile and some playful banter back from a pretty young thing.

You think so? Ive had guys old enough to be my father or grandfather come at me sexually or even stalk me. These guys are dead serious. Anyway, the point was that what people like often has notjing to do with what they look like themselves.

Does being involuntarily faithful make a man attractive?

Like because he struggled to get women and so when he gets one he clings to her like a rock in a storm.....no. The woman will see him as settling for her because of his lack of options and she will then feel she is settling for less of a good catch. That will over ride in many cases the fact that the guy is faithful or takes care of her really well. Being faithful is nothing special imo. It should be base specs in a relationship. I remember seeing OLD profiles from women that described themselves as faithful / trustworthy / dependable / reliable, and those profiles would not inspire me at all. Its like 'woopeydoo, that's your best feature?! Thats what I would expect as base specs'.

Thats a lot of presumptions there. There is no guarantee that an unattractive man would be a good partner even if getting a wife or gf was difficult. That goes right back to ascribing unattractive men positive traits just because they are unattractive. Clinging to someone so tightly isnt always good. It can cause jealousy and anger. Ive btdt.