Ex passed by when I was on a date

• Author

It went okay I guess. They were there, I was talking with two people who the new girlfriend knows too, so she came up to them to kiss them (once again, custom here in this country) and then she actually kissed me too! Had no choice, would have been weird to run away or slap her in the face ;)

Then the ex came up and did the same. He asked something, but I didn't answer, pretended to be distracted by i-don't-know-what.

The rest of the night they were three tables away, so of course I did glance and looked sometimes, but it didn't really bother me so much.

My ex is always into "dressing stylishly" and would be disturbed if I would wear my slippers in the summer (Not Classy). So dumb. Anyway, his girlfriend was wearing a semi-arti-ensemble I guess you could call it, with the most horrible shoes ever. And some weird flowery dress and fishnet-stockings. I wonder if he told her something about that :p

Then I got a bit drunk and danced a lot with a guy and forget them completely. Hurray.

• Like 1
  • Author

A couple of hours left and it will be 2015. Seeing the ex yesterday, happily with his girlfriend... Makes me realise that I have nobody to kiss 'Happy New Year' tonight and he does. Ah well, I will be surrounded by good friends and have a good time.

Loveshack has been there for me when I was feeling like crap and it was a lifesaver. Thanks everyone who supported me. And for everybody out there who had his heart broken: you will be fine. Believe it. Because it's true, even if you don't believe it right now.

Happy new year to all of you!

• 2 months later...
  • Author

It has been a while since I posted here. The 31st of December to be precise. And exactly that night, at a party, I met someone with whome I hit it off. We've been dating now for 2 months, been seeing each other a couple of times a week. He's the absolute opposite of my ex, seriously, he couldn't be more different!

Anyway, we have a great time together, we can talk for hours and the chemistry is there.

So why is it that since a while I've been thinking MORE about my ex? I can't help it, but yes, I compare "the new one" to my ex. Last night there was this big opening of a concert hall, and everybody I know was there. Including the ex, who seemed very pleased to see me (just friendly). I just said "hi", smiled and walked on. And then I kept keeping my eye on him, thinking of the good old days and I guess idealising what we used to have. Although there was a lot that was not so great, I know....

Sigh. Why do make things so hard for ourselves?

frigginlost

Bella, congrats on you progress!

But, I gotta be honest. Based on what you wrote, you are not ready for something serious with the new guy. You're not at the indifference stage with the ex. And that is okay!

Just be really, really, honest with yourself and with new guy. Continue to have fun with the new guy, but take baby steps as you move along.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Thanks.

I know what the problem is. I know why I am thinking about him. It's actually not him, it's all about me. I'm not really happy with my life for the moment. I lost my job beginning of the year. I don't have a real "passion". I just feel like I don't have a lot that can take "him" of my mind (and a while back I wasn't thinking that much about him anymore!). He on the other hand has a great job, he's a succesfull artist besides that, and I know he and his new girlfriend are working on arty-projects together now. He found his perfect match, he's involved in things he's passionate about. Sounds like the wonderful amazing life that I want too.

And who can change this? Yeah: me........ I'm trying..........