Need advice from people who have taken Ecstacy

elle naturelle

I dont have time to read each thread but thought I would add the following:

1) Limit alcohol intake

2) Increase water intake

3) Take vitamin C if you get too high

4) Go with the flow

5) Prepare a few days recovery

Back ... way back... in the day, I partied a lot.

Just dont take more because your friends do, especially if you feel high enough. It can kill you.

And always get it from people you know. Be prepared for the mix of chemicals (crystal meth and heroine) in some pills. That **** you can get addicted to within days.

Good luck and be safe!

OMG, it's just unbelievalbe to me!!! All these horrible side effects and risks, bad experiences etc. and still people wish to try this?!? Are your lives really that terrible that you don't mind risking everything just to be high for a little while? I feel very very sorry for you!

When I get the urge to get high I go out and run several miles or take a long hard bike ride. I get what's called runner's high off that and it's great. But clearly not enough for you sorry, lost souls.

You need a pacifier!?! For God's sake, get a little pride and self respect!!!

I wish there was something, anything I could say or do to show you the "ecstacy" that can be obtained by living a positive life. Only positive things, surrounded by positive people. Genuine satisfaction. Working hard to feel good. It's so much more rewarding.

You are so weak that you need to take a pill to feel good. I know, circumstances can make life pretty unbearable at times. But there's other ways to deal with it.

At the very minimum I wish some of you would stop encouraging this. You're so weak and pathetic that you need to bring others down to your sorry level so you feel ok about yourself. I just hope someday you'll wake up.

I know what it's like to hit rock bottom. I've been there. I've wanted to crawl in a hole and die. I've wanted to kill myself. But I didn't turn to drugs. Instead I decided I'm tired of being unhappy and I TOOK CHARGE OF MY OWN LIFE! I made it what I want it to be. Just wish there was something I could do for you...

elle naturelle

MIKE E SAID: I know what it's like to hit rock bottom. I've been there. I've wanted to crawl in a hole and die. I've wanted to kill myself. But I didn't turn to drugs.

OK, I have tried E but have never EVER thought of killing myself. Im really wondering you the weak one is here.

Some people may do it because they are weak, some people may do it because they believe in experiencing everything once so that they are able to make a MORE REALISTIC judgements than your last post.

Congratulations for making the decision not to do drugs ... or kill yourself. But everyone lives life their own way. Clearly you are too narrow minded to understand that.

Atleast some people posted the pros and cons to that the young man/woman can make the decision on their own.

Some people may do it because they are weak, some people may do it because they believe in experiencing everything once

Hmmm. Well, then, you have a long list before you. For starters, how's about cancer? Then there's always paralysis. Maybe blindness, too? Might as well give Lou Gehrig's a try while you're at it. Or maybe just suicide.

In short,

because they believe in experiencing everything once
could not be more bogus.
bluechocolate
Originally posted by MikeE

OMG, it's just unbelievalbe to me!!! All these horrible side effects and risks, bad experiences etc. and still people wish to try this?!? Are your lives really that terrible that you don't mind risking everything just to be high for a little while? I feel very very sorry for you!

I'm sure they will thank you for your pity. :rolleyes:

Of course the fact is we risk "everything" everytime we step out of our front door. I could quote statistics at you until the cows come home - somehow I don't think it will make any difference. ( alcohol related deaths, deaths due to car exhaust, deaths due to bad car design...). How many people died as a direct result of using ectasy in the last 12 months MikeE? How many people died as a direct result of bad car design? (in the EU, about one thousand and three hundred, most of them children).

But clearly not enough for you sorry, lost souls.

Here's an idea - Why don't you pray for their souls, rather than judge? Who are you to judge, anyway? Which drugs are OK?

Nicotine? (kills hundreds of thousands), alcohol? (again, kills hundreds of thousands), carbon monoxide ? prozac ?

You are so weak that you need to take a pill to feel good.

Just for a partry Mike - not all the time. Lordy - I did E for yonks & held down a very well paid job. In fact during that period I actually was promoted again & again & again - so in my DIRECT experience doing E did not affect me any more than having a hangover.

You're so weak and pathetic that you need to bring others down to your sorry level so you feel ok about yourself.

:p Diddums !! :bunny: Not at all. I stayed away from this thread 'cause I wanted to tell the OP to stay away from it rather than give them advice on how to deal with it. Eventually E became nasty, as apparently it does for most people who HAVE HAD EXPERIENCE USING it in the past. I, for one, do not regret using it - I had a great time. :p:):love: I danced my little socks off. I made friends & kissed lots of people - golly gee, some of them are still my friends today

I know what it's like to hit rock bottom. I've been there. I've wanted to crawl in a hole and die. I've wanted to kill myself. But I didn't turn to drugs.

And what did you turn too Mike? That is, of course, an entirely diffent subject.

No one here suggested that they wanted to crawl into a hole & die, that they wanted to kill themselves & therefore they turned to drugs. Did they?

I, for one, do not regret using it - I had a great time. I danced my little socks off. I made friends & kissed lots of people - golly gee, some of them are still my friends today

The girl who died here the other night after taking E was dancing her little socks off and having a great time also.

Not that it will make a damn bit of difference to the pro-drug users, but there's some interesting stuff at this site.

http://www.ecstasy.ws/user-news.htm?id=27

Michael

Butterfly28

Bottom line is - TO EACH HIS OWN. One's influence on another will not change the fact that people DO experiment.

RE: The bathroom issue. It's important to ALWAYS go to the bathroom when you are rushing. NEVER FORGET TO. Sometimes you are so high that you tend to ignore how full your bladder is. This can cause serious damage in some cases. I've ***HEARD*** of really bad bladder infections, AND I've also heard of URETHRA COLLAPSE. I dunno...I heard that somewhere. Sounds painful!

I've tried it. I had my fun. Anyone who asks and who's curious, I will tell them both the good and the bad. It's up to them to decide if they want to do it or not. It's THEM putting their OWN lives into their hands. At the end of the day, THEY have to live with it, right?!?!?

I started a long post where I was quoting everyone's replies to what I said and countering your viewpoints. But I decided it was a waste of time. Perhaps I went about it poorly but I just wanted to point out the weaknesses in character that would lead one to want to try drugs. I was negative and maybe should have been more positive. Or just not bother either way. Everyone knows the consequences, they can do what they wish.

Above are many counter-arguments to mine that are so far off topic and irrelevant that I just don't feel like all the typing to straighten them out. When all is said and done there is just no valid argument in favor of drugs. So you had fun, fine. But then you came down and felt like hell for days. If that few hours of fun is worth the horrible crash that follows then fine.

I suppose it's subjective but it seeems clear to me that the negatives far outweigh the positives here. Sorry for pissing some of you off, but realize my intentions are good here. I just don't want to see any of your lives destroyed over something as trivial as that brief high. Clearly any effort made in changing strangers on the internet is futile. I'll stop wasting my time and yours.

It's a beautiful sunny Saturday morning here. I had lots of drug free fun last night, a great nights sleep and I'm ready to head out and take advantage of a great day. What a waste it would be to be all crashed out now, feeling like hell and deeply depressed. OOOOHHH, but I would have danced alot and kissed a bunch of strangers etc. I'm turning off the computer and going skiing. Some of the rest of you can lay around all day in misery. Maybe we should start a thread where you can share crash recovery tips, it might help you waste one less day while recovering from your silly little high. Despite my negativity here I sincerely have best wishes for all of you, internet strangers that you may be.

Of course the fact is we risk "everything" everytime we step out of our front door

That little bit of 'logic' is often used, but it's quickly blown to hell by statistics. Yes, you can be hit by a car if you're in your own house, but it's highly unlikely. There's a difference between going for a walk or drive down a city street and driving against the traffic on a highway. You may get killed both ways, but you clearly have enhanced the possibility that you'll get killed by choosing the wrong-way drive. We also all die, but we don't have to die years before our time by our own stupidity.

I agree with Mike that making a choice to potentially endager your life in order to experience a few hours of 'high' is just dumb. If you want a 'high' that badly and need risk to make it fun for you, take up skydiving. The risks are fewer.

I've done lots and lots of different kinds of drugs. Had fun on lots of them.

E has changed a lot from the first time I did it in the early 90s. The last time I did it, 3 years ago?, I got really hot and felt super weird. And yes, I drank lots of water. I danced, I walked around town. It was fun, during parts of it. Some of it sucked. My exbf massaged my back and that felt great.

I don't know... I don't use drugs at all anymore. I have an addictive personality and many of the drugs that I took turned into long habits for a while. E didn't really strike me as something that I could handle on a regular basis. The hangover was by far the worst one from any drug that I've ever done.

It took a long time and many years (17) of using drugs for me to realize that I don't want to do them anymore. I'm glad I did them, I guess, because my drug use past is a part of who I am. Some of the things I did on drugs I wish I could take back. Ah well. I'm glad that I that I lived through my 20s and I'm glad that I don't use anymore...

elle naturelle

moimeme said:

Hmmm. Well, then, you have a long list before you. For starters, how's about cancer? Then there's always paralysis. Maybe blindness, too? Might as well give Lou Gehrig's a try while you're at it. Or maybe just suicide.

elle naturelle says:

try being a little more realistic. i was referring to experiences where people have a choice.

All (except for Gehrig's?) can be caused by choice behavior. Sometimes even various ways. For cancer, you can suffer from a lot of different cancers, for example lungcancer (smoking, traffic, polution).

Blindness can actually be tried, with biochemicals. The 'cure' is not guaranteed, though.

These behaviors and exposures are choices.

Suicide can be tried, and often fails because people who cut their wrists, usually lack the understanding of biology to make their attempts 'succesful.'

Why should you try these? You would not, because the 'experience' is simply not worth it. The experience cannot be the criterium, to decide 'to do it, or not do it?'

elle naturelle

but from a different perspective.

d'Arthez said: Why should you try these? You would not, because the 'experience' is simply not worth it. The experience cannot be the criterium, to decide 'to do it, or not do it?'

elle naturelle says: then you still have a choice. experiencing or not experiencing everything once is always a choice. are you refering to micro and macro variables of experience at this time? because in the end, it still boil down you a choice. whether you have control or no, make the decision or not, that is to each his/her own.

On another note, d'Arthez says: For cancer, you can suffer from a lot of different cancers, for example lungcancer (smoking, traffic, polution).

Your argument is still flawed. Second hand smoke to children and non-smoking adults... that is not always a choice.

Finally, d'Arthez says: The experience cannot be the criterium, to decide 'to do it, or not do it?'

Sure it can, you choose a position with a company for its "experience". You also choose to jump out of a plane... maybe for the thrill, maybe for the experience, maybe these are the same thing in a different form. The fact of the matter is, just because "experience" is not your criterium, does NOT mean it is not someone elses.

It still makes little sense and I repeat that the rationale that 'you have to experience every single thing in life' is bogus because clearly you will not. What you really meant was 'I will do what I feel like doing no matter how little sense it may make'. So just say that. There is no rationale to be had other than 'because'.

Philosophically it can be easily demonstrated that the experience is not a valid argument to engage in any behavior.

If it were, we would have serious problems with regards to morality.

If my memory has not deserted me completely Epicurus (for as far as we can be certain of his views!) , tried to base morality, on experience of pleasure and pain, but he had to make a differentiation that allowed for different qualities of experience. For example that studying philosophy was higher in his views, then celebrating in a drunk orgy.

Of course we would still have the problem of defining what is good, and what bad is; what less good is, and what less bad is. Sure we can make logical assumptions about that, but we cannot base them on fact anymore. There simply is not a logical solution to the problem Epicurus stumbled upon.

If you are not so conscious / uptight about these issues, you can always go with the "basically anything goes"-morality. Of course, people are free to do that. But that philosophy is at odds with philosphy in the truest sense, as the love for wisdom; rationally it cannot be justified to base a decision on the experience.

My examples were only meant to exemplify that you can seriously increase the chances of experiencing various ailments, and sometimes we simply do not even have control over the environments which enhance some of these risks.

Originally posted by MikeE

I know what it's like to hit rock bottom. I've been there. I've wanted to crawl in a hole and die. I've wanted to kill myself. But I didn't turn to drugs. Instead I decided I'm tired of being unhappy and I TOOK CHARGE OF MY OWN LIFE!

And now YOU CAN TOO, with three easy payments of just $19.95!!! That's right, for this low, low price, you can get my "Take Charge Of Your Own Life" DVD series detailing how to go about creating an entirely positive, drug-free life*!!!

* Offer not valid in Kentucky, Tennessee, Alaska, or Hawaii. Results may vary and may not include a life free of drugs or negativity. Side effects of watching the DVD series may include a lack of understanding and a tendency to make ineffective internet forum posts. Void where prohibited.

Reformed Raver Here...

I did a lot of ecstasy in my day....sometimes 3 or 4 tabs a night . This went on for about a year of my life, every other weekend. I simply cannot imagine having sex on Ecstasy....things get sensual, but definetly not sexual. I would say out of all the drugs I tried...ecstasy is both the best and the worst (and I have a very long list)

Ecstasy is the only drug I still crave to this day. It is highly addictive and yes it definetly does major brain damage. It took me about a year to mentally recover from using it.. I am still coping with the long term loss of my short term memory. I can also see how my body has aged because of my drug use....my body now feels old at 26.

From an experienced user I know that once you start doing hard drugs, its hard not to continue escalating your behavior. I went from using pot to mushrooms to pills to cocaine to Peyote to Ecstasy...in a little under 7 months. I would almost guarentee youre already doing other drugs. I say dont do it, if you can control yourself.

Ok...no lecture from me...moving on. I know that youve probably already made your mind up.

After you come down from your roll, expect your brain to be drained and for depression and anxiety to set in. NEVER ROLL 2 nights in a row.

Coming down sucks and will leave you scrounging for more pills. My old roomie and I would call these "black sundays". It takes 2-3 days for your serotonin to bounce back completely so be prepared. I recommend curling up in a dark place, with some happy movies. Make sure you eat a lot of vitamin c and that during your roll you have a buddy who makes sure your water intake is ok (not to little, not too much). Dont over do it dancing at the party because you can overheat and die.

Originally posted by tanbark813

And now YOU CAN TOO, with three easy payments of just $19.95!!! That's right, for this low, low price, you can get my "Take Charge Of Your Own Life" DVD series detailing how to go about creating an entirely positive, drug-free life*!!!

To that I say bite me. But yea, when you put it like that it does sound really cheesy. :o Still, just hate to see anyone get involved in such a bad thing. So no need to attack, but thanks for you input

Just a question:

I once heard the body only has a limited amount of serotonin in his body and using ecstasy creates a very high depletion of those reserves which may not leave enough for later. What do you think?

blind_otter
Originally posted by kooky

Just a question:

I once heard the body only has a limited amount of serotonin in his body and using ecstasy creates a very high depletion of those reserves which may not leave enough for later. What do you think?

Your body makes more of it, but the older you are the slower your brain gets. So it just takes time to recover fully, and most people aren't even really aware of the full effects of taking ecstasy.

I believe the current thought is that the receptors in your brain burn out and wont be able to pick up the serotonin as well with ecstasy use...I could be wrong. Im a political science major, not biology.

Originally posted by blind_otter

Your body makes more of it, but the older you are the slower your brain gets. So it just takes time to recover fully, and most people aren't even really aware of the full effects of taking ecstasy.

Thanks, Blind Otter. I've heard enough stories of people who had taken it and who suffered the long-term effects of it. I don't want to end as a drooling idiot who has problems with flashbacks.