Need advice from people who have taken Ecstacy

Before I had kids I rolled every weekend I had raves in my house I got so bad that I started selling X to support my habbit then I would pop 3-5 beans a night and do bumps as well. I was lucky and smart enough to stop when I got pregnant with my son and never went back to it. My ex-H wasn't so lucky after awhile the beans wern't enough, then he started mixing beans with oxyxottons, then oxycottons with Herion now he is a full blown junkie, a deadbeat dad, and he will never amount to ****... it's ashame actually he had alot going for him prior to the drugs.

EXtacy is FAKe it's a FAKe feeling, yes your nice and everybody likes you, but it's FAKE. The feeling of the SEX or Blowing is FAKe and very dangerous. Blowing up or passing out is dangerous and can cause sezeiures, you could pass out and never wake up.

After the Roll is over IT SUCKS BAD!! your ate up for DAYS it feels like your body just got ran over by a truck 50 times, you forget 1/2 the night, and wonder why it was so heristical to sit outside and look at the moon. You nolonger trust your friends...it's just a really bad feeling the next day when you are ate up, most people will do anything to get rid of that feeling so they will just eat another bean :(

My God, why would anyone want to take this? Let's see... I'd have to make sure that nothing ruins my mood while I'm high or I can expect a bad trip.

I need to make sure I carry a water bottle around with me b/c I'm gonna get more dehydrated than I do when I drink alcohol.

The next day I should plan to do nothing b/c I'm gonna feel like total sh*t and my moods will be all over the place.

Sound like loads of fun :sick:

Not everyone is the same. I NEVER got depressed or suicidal after I rolled nor do I know ANYONE who has. I don't know anyone who let it ruin their lives but I guess I have friends that actually have power over it and they are able to stop & able to say no. I have rolled too many times to count & I'm PERFECTLY fine. I have a great career, have a wonderful family. I KNOW there are LOTS of people who LET it take over yheir lives but like I said before, not everyone is the same. I did feel like crap the next day & slept most of the day away BUT that also had ALOT to do w/ the fact that we stayed up until 8am in the morning. But once I woke up I was fine & so were all my friends & believe me there was alot of us. If this person is going to do it REGARDLESS of what anyone else says why not give her/him advise on how to stay hydrated so nothing bad will happen or to make sure there is at least one sobar person there. With that said, I haven't rolled in like 3 years & haven't EVER had any urge to or just had to. That part of my life is over & now I have a family but I had a damn good time while I was doing it.

By the way rollinballz there is great advice on here if your going to do it. And all I can say is have fun & stay safe. BTW I use to HATE doing coke w/ it, it brought down my high & actually made me sleepy, so I never combine those 2 again. But smoking MJ is great and also...................pm if you want to know. don't want to stir up too much else.

blind_otter
Originally posted by kiwi29f

Not everyone is the same. I NEVER got depressed or suicidal after I rolled nor do I know ANYONE who has. I don't know anyone who let it ruin their lives but I guess I have friends that actually have power over it and they are able to stop & able to say no. I have rolled too many times to count & I'm PERFECTLY fine. I have a great career, have a wonderful family. I KNOW there are LOTS of people who LET it take over yheir lives but like I said before, not everyone is the same. I did feel like crap the next day & slept most of the day away BUT that also had ALOT to do w/ the fact that we stayed up until 8am in the morning. But once I woke up I was fine & so were all my friends & believe me there was alot of us. If this person is going to do it REGARDLESS of what anyone else says why not give her/him advise on how to stay hydrated so nothing bad will happen or to make sure there is at least one sobar person there. With that said, I haven't rolled in like 3 years & haven't EVER had any urge to or just had to. That part of my life is over & now I have a family but I had a damn good time while I was doing it.

By the way rollinballz there is great advice on here if your going to do it. And all I can say is have fun & stay safe. BTW I use to HATE doing coke w/ it, it brought down my high & actually made me sleepy, so I never combine those 2 again. But smoking MJ is great and also...................pm if you want to know. don't want to stir up too much else.

That's cool, I'm glad you are so successful and everything.

But you have to accept the fact that a lot of people really did have their lives ruined by this drug. In my circle of friends, everyone who did it had their lives destroyed in some way - not necessarily by the drug, but by legal issues. One guy is in prison in Illinois until 2011 because of selling....so....I'm glad you gambled and everything turned out OK. But some people gambled and didn't.

It has to do with pre-existing sensitivities. I don't know that I would have developed a heart murmur or a seizure disorder if I hadn't done the drugs I did. I was just being honest about wishing I could go back in time and change things. You don't know if this person has a pre-existing issue with depression, bipolar mood disorder, a family history of schizo-affective disorders, financial issues, or anything of the like....so in all fairness, I could say right back to you - judge not lest ye be judged.

Good luck, congrats on your wonderful family, and you and your many friends were very lucky.

:):) Good Post BO

In addition Kiwi- Now that you have a faimly how would you like it if your kids wanted to try Extacy? Would you advise them the same??

well put girls! (b.o. and stone)

hell, people have lived jumping out of planes w/out parachuts, but i still wouldn't advise it.

The issue of pre-existing conditions is a real important one. You may have some sort of heart problem or some sort of latent neurochemical problem that would have lain dormant your whole life but will be triggered by a drug. One of my friends tried LSD once and it triggered schizophrenia. Yes, his folks had it and yes, he may have gotten it anyway but perhaps not. However, we'll never know now. His whole life was ruined because he was too ill to manage well for himself.

i did it a few times and for me, the opposite of what it is supposed to happens happens to me.

i get cranky, i want to be alone, and i then i sleep for days. if anyone tried to touch me, i punch them...hard.

i do not like the x.

and it wasn't just a bad dose...it happens every time. and i 've never had a problem with anything else.

and oops, this is girldown, didn't log in...

i had a friend that happened to also, moimeme, and he was never quite the same...it's a sad thing...

i figure, if you haven't tried it yet, why start the stupidity now?

But you have to accept the fact that a lot of people really did have their lives ruined by this drug. In my circle of friends, everyone who did it had their lives destroyed in some way - not necessarily by the drug, but by legal issues

I'm sorry to hear that & I do accept the fact that it ruins people lives. Like I said I haven't done it in 3 years if not longer but I don't regret it b/c I had fun & nothing bad happened. Yes I know things do happen but they didn't happen to me or the people I know. I live in a small town and drugs aren't a problem so police don't overly look for them(thankfully)

In addition Kiwi- Now that you have a faimly how would you like it if your kids wanted to try Extacy? Would you advise them the same??

And again, The reason I stopped doing drugs was for my daughter. I would not ever encourage her to use any type of drugs but in the very unlikely situation she came up to me saying mom I want to try X what do you think I would difinatly lock her in her room. j/k but I would encourage her that there is better ways to have fun but if she was going to do it regardless of what ANYONE said I would much rather her try & be safe about it & know what not to do. I would not want to go do it & not know ANYTHING about it. People are going to do things NO MATTER what other people say, no matter how much warning you give them thats why you tell them why not to do it then but also tell them the safest ways to do them IF they are going to do it anyway. I know when I was younger I didn't give a damn what anyone else said, it was just a waste of their breath I was going to do what I wanted no matter what and you all know you were the same.

I am not trying to start anything BUT the original poster did specifically say she knows its bad for her/him but is going to do it ANYWAY, therefore I think she/he should know the safest ways to do it.

Some of you have actually said it's OK to take Ecstasy but be careful and safe. Is that even possible? It scares me sometimes to think where this world is going. It scares me even more when parents say if their kids want to experiment, it's OK.

I don't claim to be an expert on the subject. I've never done drugs and I never will. I've had plenty of fun without it. My brother died of a drug overdose. Alot of you sound just like he did. He thought if he was careful and safe, nothing would happen. He was 27 years old with a 3 year old son at home.

And just the other day here in New York, a young girl went to a club, met a guy and did Ecstasy. She went to sleep and never woke up again.

Michael

blind_otter
Originally posted by Michael86

Some of you have actually said it's OK to take Ecstasy but be careful and safe. Is that even possible? It scares me sometimes to think where this world is going. It scares me even more when parents say if their kids want to experiment, it's OK.

I don't claim to be an expert on the subject. I've never done drugs and I never will. I've had plenty of fun without it. My brother died of a drug overdose. Alot of you sound just like he did. He thought if he was careful and safe, nothing would happen. He was 27 years old with a 3 year old son at home.

And just the other day here in New York, a young girl went to a club, met a guy and did Ecstasy. She went to sleep and never woke up again.

Michael

I'm sorry for your loss.

Maybe you are thinking of heroin, as ecstasy is a stimulant and it's nearly impossible to sleep on e.

If the stimulant has revved up your heart to the point that it stops, then you'll certainly seem to 'go to sleep'.

blind_otter
Originally posted by moimeme

If the stimulant has revved up your heart to the point that it stops, then you'll certainly seem to 'go to sleep'.

I've seen people OD from ecstasy before, but it looked more like they went into convulsions, rather than going to sleep....I've also had heart palpitations during seizure activity and again, muscle contractions preceeded the "sleep" part, which didn't really look like going to sleep at all - not peaceful in any sense of the word.

Cautionary tales are only effective if they are honest, truthful, and present a realistic scenario. Recent research, I believe at Columbia University (I could be wrong, it was a blurb in Psychology Today) indicates that anti-drug TV ads are less effective because they over-exaggerate the effects and consequences of drug use. Not everyone turns into Sid and Nancy, to be sure, and to caution as if this were the case is more likely to make real stories seem over-exaggerated as well.

Obviously I am not one to support drug use, but I am really interested in finding a better way to caution people about the consequences of heavy drug use. It IS fun, it DOES feel good, the high is better than anything else - but in the end it's not worth it. And I had so many people try to tell me this without success, mainly because I knew they had never done it - so how would they know? right? Of course when you are 18 this is how many people think.

I just want people to be aware without the load of BS that comes along with anti-drug messages. Cautionary tales from those who have used are usually more effective, than those from people who haven't.

Originally posted by Pocky

3) Monitor your water intake. While some posters stated you need to make sure you're hydrated, you also need to make sure you're not over hydrated. Both can cause death. Many have died from over hydration, which causes the brain to swell.

Just out of curiosity, how does the water make the brain swell? Doesn´t drinking too much water just make you go to the bathroom more often? :confused:

And someone else suggested three bottles of water, that´s quite a lot. Does this make them go to the bathroom more often or what happens to the water?

I've done it. It was a lot of fun. the best feeling I have ever had.

I do not recommend you do it but if your like me your not going to stop until you do it and get it out of your system.

I did it, I took lots of vitamins before hand, I drank a hell of a lot of water, I had a pacifier and I had vicks. It was great until I threw up and my heart started beating so fast I thought I would die. NOT FUN. Then I started coming down and the feeling was horrible and at the moment I wanted nothing but to bring my roll back and make the feeling stay. The Next day i felt like a** and then the day after that I was the most depressed girl in the would and nothing made me happy. It was horrible. I vowed I would never do it again and I haven't.

If your going to do it..I recommend doing it with friends and close people you have known for years. I recommend you stay home or at a friends house. Have lots of water and have at least one sober person there to watch over you. Wear comfortable clothing. Have the air on like 75 not too cold not to hot because you will go through exreme temperature changes. Take you vitamins before and after so you can replenish your body. Do not have sex on E because its really good and then regular sex doesn't compare. (at least thats my opinion)

If you dont have someone sober there then let a friend now what you are doing and to call you periodically. Or tell your friend you will call her at a certain time after your roll is done so your friend knows if you haven't called something is wrong and they can check on you.

Again I recommend you don't try it at all. I did it and I regret it. BUt to each his own.

Originally posted by kooky

Just out of curiosity, how does the water make the brain swell? Doesn´t drinking too much water just make you go to the bathroom more often? :confused:

And someone else suggested three bottles of water, that´s quite a lot. Does this make them go to the bathroom more often or what happens to the water?

There are quite a few websites on the internet that discuss the relationship between hydration/hyponatremia and ecstacy. I picked this link mainly because I felt the text was easily understood.

One of the persistant problems with MDMA use is that of the hyperthermia (heat-stroke / over-heating). Several factors add to this effect, including MDMA's pharmacological effect of increasing body temperature, the strong physical stimulation experienced by most users, and the euphoria and comfort of the experience which can cause users to overlook their level of exertion. Many Ecstasy users have been told that they need to make sure they are drinking enough water to stay on the safe side of this problem, but as a result, some users encounter the somewhat less recognized problem of over-hydration which causes hyponatremia (literally "low salt") also called "water intoxication".

The human body (as with other animals) maintains an equilibrium of electrolytes including salt in the bloodstream as part of its normal operation. Sweating causes the body to lose salt, but the primary cause of hyponatremia in Ecstasy users is drinking enormous amounts of water, which dilutes the salt in the body to a dangerous level. Unfortunately as the electrolytes get out of balance, body systems start to fail and (because of the blood brain barrier), the sufferer starts to exhibit signs of crisis such as diarrhea, over salivation, stupor, vomiting, muscle tremors, confusion, frequent urination, and other general symptoms of illness, and their brain begins to swell. This swelling is called a 'brain edema' or 'cerebral edema' and can (and does) lead to brain damage, paralysis, and death.

According to C. Haller, MD from the California Poison Control Center in San Francisco, hyponatremia (although actually rare among users) is one of the most common causes of ecstasy deaths or serious injuries. In England, perhaps the most notorious death associated with Ecstasy in the mid 90's was Leah Betts. Sadly, Leah died after taking Ecstasy for her birthday with friends and then drinking enough water to cause her death.

The dangers of drinking water obsessively while high are real. If you're drinking a lot of water, in any context, mixing in some salty snacks or drinking sport drinks will keep your salt and electrolyte levels healthier and can prevent hyponatremia. People on E very often do not want to eat anything, so salty snacks tend to be a ineffective option. While some people find these sugary/salty drinks are unappealing, others find that they quench the thirst better than water...and they can definitely help prevent both hyperthermia and hyponatremia.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_health_water.shtml

Originally posted by EtErNaLlYCoNfUsEd

Pacifier

What in the heck is that? Please explain? Does it keep you 'high'?

A baby pacifier? Dont you have babies woman? lol

On E your mouth tends to clench, and so to prevent you from chewing on the inside of your mouth and waking up with sores all inside your mouth people use pacifiers. Or some people eat loli pops or chew on straws.

Man, my brother is always chewing on something.

lol well so am I but thats my oral fixation.

You only need to chew while on E. After its done you'll be back to normal. I think your bros ok lol

Ok, Pocky, thanks. :)

I still don´t understand why it simply doesn´t make people go to the bathroom more often, but maybe I will do some more research on the internet.

Maybe you are thinking of heroin, as ecstasy is a stimulant and it's nearly impossible to sleep on e.

It wasn't heroin. It was Ecstasy. Initial tests proved it. The guy she was with admitted giving it to her. What actually happened was the guy thought she was asleep. He woke up the next morning and found her dead next to him.

I heard another story recently about a friend of a friend who died in a car accident. The girl that hit her was wasted on Ecstasy and got behind the wheel of a car. Speeding, blew a stop sign and broadsided her. Killed her instantly.

Michael