Post why finding a good match is/isnt hard

I never had a stalker chick :(

If she's cute, it sounds like a fun thing to have. Though I'd probably scare her away.

Wrong, if this was true, there wouldn't be a dateless, average looking nice guy.

Hence the reason the dateless, average looking guy must look for the dateless, average looking girl.

• Like 2
If there are no leagues, why can't a someone like me date a super model? Why do so many women complain about how many of the guys who hit on them aren't attractive? Sure, sometimes someone can date out of their league, and many times someone has no clue who is or is not in their league, but to deny that leagues exist is delusional.

I've had some of your same problems in the past. I could find a beautiful girl, but she would be emotionally broken. I could find a really cool chick that I loved hanging out with, but she would be ugly as sin. It can sometimes be hard to find someone that is well rounded.

Well said! I agree 100%. This is what I see all the time. I am friends with a guy who is a prime example. He is in his 30's, lives with his parents, is bald, and obese. This guy isn't interested in any girl over the age of 29, and she can't be overweight. As you can imagine, dude is pretty much dateless. Only tries to hit on girls out of his league.

Everybody has to bring something to the table & can't have unreasonable expectations.

My quip about average people not dating super models was more of an extreme example. First people who get paid to be beautiful are operating on a different level then normal folks. In that world it's also more about money & power then looks. So if your 30 year old bald fat buddy was a millionaire, he'd probably have more success dating vapid 20 somethings who were only interested in what he could buy them. He reminds me of that movie Shallow Hal.

Some women won't give the average guy a chance but I think more will. All I'm suggesting is that a guy not count himself out without even trying.

Look at George Clooney's Fiancé. She not a starlet or super model. She's a lawyer. Do you honestly think she said, gee I can't date George because well he's George? Of course not.

Hence the reason the dateless, average looking guy must look for the dateless, average looking girl.

Dude, there is no such thing as a dateless, average looking girl. Even obese, below average looking girls get lots of dates.

• Like 1
Donnovain is right,. And go on believing there are leagues. Only person affected is yourself.

Everybody has to bring something to the table & can't have unreasonable expectations.

Some women won't give the average guy a chance but I think more will. All I'm suggesting is that a guy not count himself out without even trying.

Look at George Clooney's Fiancé. She not a starlet or super model. She's a lawyer. Do you honestly think she said, gee I can't date George because well he's George? Of course not.

Guys get on here to look for answers, advice and vent out frustration to why they're being ignored and rejected by average girls. I understand the 2 of you are spewing what really you believe, but you're not helping, because you're like the pastors who preach the way things should be, while reality is nowhere near.

When an average girl rejects an average guy, there's nothing that guy can do about it. He shoots for 3 girl, they all 3 decline and then he gets on here and reads what the 2 of you wrote.

Dude, there is no such thing as a dateless, average looking girl. Even obese, below average looking girls get lots of dates.

That's not necessarily true, a lot of them would rather go dateless than date an average guy, or anyone who doesn't fit their criteria.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/transitioning/search/486102-female-blogger-single-choice

• Like 1
That's not necessarily true, a lot of them would rather go dateless than date an average guy, or anyone who doesn't fit their criteria.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/transitioning/search/486102-female-blogger-single-choice

I don't think of somebody who is single by choice as dateless. They're just wasting space.

• Like 1
hasaquestion
I don't think of somebody who is single by choice as dateless. They're just wasting space.

If you gave me the option of either dating someone I find unappealing or being single, I'd choose the latter. Does that make me a waste of space?? Its my life after all.

• Like 2

It's their choice to do as they please. Maybe some people view people without friends as wasting space.

• Like 2
If you gave me the option of either dating someone I find unappealing or being single, I'd choose the latter. Does that make me a waste of space?? Its my life after all.

Something tells me that it won't be hard for you to find somebody you find appealing.

Though with women who are choosing to be single, it's almost as if every man is unappealing.

Something tells me that it won't be hard for you to find somebody you find appealing.

Though with women who are choosing to be single, it's almost as if every man is unappealing.

So let em be. Yeah it's silly, but I'd rather them be single than get with somebody they don't like and treat them like sh*t.

So let em be. Yeah it's silly, but I'd rather them be single than get with somebody they don't like and treat them like sh*t.

I am. I just leave them alone. But I still feel that they are a waste of space. At least a waste of my time if I was getting to know her because I was interested.

hasaquestion

I've actually done a tally on Tinder before (inspired by a conversation on here). I find about 70% of girls my age unappealing. Holding down someone who is appealing to me is just another challenge to be the best I can be.

As someone who's been on both ends of that one-way relationship dynamic (been the one who wasn't really into it and been the only one who was into it), "single by choice" saves time, money, and headache for all parties involved.

Getting rejected is getting let down easy compared to being strung along for two months.

sillyanswer

If they are dateless by choice they are doing the rest of us a favour, especially if the alternative is dating when they don't want to. Who wants to date someone who doesn't want to?

• Like 1
If they are dateless by choice they are doing the rest of us a favour, especially if the alternative is dating when they don't want to. Who wants to date someone who doesn't want to?

Instead of running into pretty girls that are single who don't want to date, I'd rather run in to pretty girls who are single and want to date.

Also, the main problem I have with women who don't want to date, is that it leaves a bunch of extra guys who want to date. Which then means that all those guys are competing for the girls who do want to date.

A good example of this is my local salsa club. Lets say that every guy there is single and wants to find a date. Every girl there is single and wants to find a date. But there are twice as many guys there as girls.

For whatever reason, there are far more women who are happy being single then there are men happy being single.

Edited by somedude81
Instead of running into pretty girls that are single who don't want to date, I'd rather run in to pretty girls who are single and want to date.

Also, the main problem I have with women who don't want to date, is that it leaves a bunch of extra guys who want to date. Which then means that all those guys are competing for the girls who do want to date.

A good example of this is my local salsa club. Lets say that every guy there is single and wants to find a date. Every girl there is single and wants to find a date. But there are twice as many guys there as girls.

For whatever reason, there are far more women who are happy being single then there are men happy being single.

So? You do know no one is entitled to a partner. Suggesting that people date so it doesn't leave others single is mind boggling.

• Like 4

I tried to set up a date with 2 average looking girls today and was stood up so your statement is very accurate. They had lots of options

• Like 2

and here's where men fail to change their attitude. You don't need a woman, just like they don't need a man. Find something else you like and put your time and energy into that.

• Like 2
sillyanswer

It sounds like the men need to step up their game so that the women re-evaluate being single!

• Like 1
and here's where men fail to change their attitude. You don't need a woman, just like they don't need a man. Find something else you like and put your time and energy into that.

Exactly, you can focus on finances, career goals, family, and hobbies.

• Like 2
So? You do know no one is entitled to a partner. Suggesting that people date so it doesn't leave others single is mind boggling.

Exactly, I can't believe that somedude said that wanting to remain single makes people a waste of space. No one is entitled to a partner. We can only hope that we find one compatible. This is like saying, oh if you don't give me what I want, you are a waste of space. What the hell.

• Like 1

In responding to the original thread, I think that how easy it is to find a partner depends on how closely you fit average norms. I have a particular mix of beliefs and interests that do not fit the norm. However, even I can find someone after looking long and hard enough. I think the internet is a good place for people who don't fit the norms.

• Like 1
I tried to set up a date with 2 average looking girls today and was stood up so your statement is very accurate. They had lots of options

Flaking is getting out of hand. They have too many options, they know someone else will come along with the same offer. I'm to a point where I don't setup dates anymore. Now I'm not giving advice, I'm not saying this is the right way to do things. This is just the way I choose to do things. I make my own plans with my friends. If I'm meet a girl and she seems like she might be interested, I just tell her "I'll be at such and such this thursday, you welcome to join us if you like" and I just forget about them. That's it, I'm doing my thing. If they don't show up, it doesn't put a dent in my plans.

• Like 1

Life is way too good with a woman to go without one.

Plus sex.

• Like 1