Missing her this weekend [update - the 'new' Facebook]

Thanks guys for the advice, I really do appreciate it.

I have always been one to face my fears. It builds character.

I'm not going to let someone who doesn't care about me control my actions any longer.

I have the will power. I did it before. The reason I deleted my account was not because I would spy on her profile. I stopped that as I know I was doomed if I chose to do that. I deleted because she blocked me after trying to reconnect. Well I wont be trying to re-connect anymore and I sure as hell will not be checking her profile as doing so would be like sticking myself in the eye with an ice pick.

Ok guys?

David87 gives an excellent snippet of advice. I also did this on re-marrying. left some old things behind (including my old surname) lost some friends, made some new ones... all the people who mattered got 're-friended'. Start a whole new profile, a whole new you....

• Like 1
  • Author
emotionalMess

It is an all new and improved Facebook.

I'm not blocking her because the last communication I had with her was that I was not blocking her ever again. I am a man of my word. I never blocked her, I just deleted the account and created this all new one.

I wont slip, I know you guys have faith.

If she messages me, even better. Guess what, I will be nice because that is who I am. I don't want to go through life a bitter person. That doesn't mean I would ever take her back because I would not.

• Like 1

I'm not blocking her because the last communication I had with her was that I was not blocking her ever again. I am a man of my word. I never blocked her, I just deleted the account and created this all new one.

If she messages me, even better. Guess what, I will be nice because that is who I am. I don't want to go through life a bitter person. That doesn't mean I would ever take her back because I would not.

It will be a strong possibility that you will continue to suffer in this way. If you truly loved this woman as much as you say then it is extremely difficult to maintain a purely platonic relationship.

You will always expect more

In the end we all all humans, hats off to you friend .

If it sets you back, don't message her if the situation arises. It has nothing to do with not being nice but with prioritizing your healing. That's a huge mistake a lot of people make bad one I made as well.

• Author
emotionalMess

I'm not doing it to impress anyone per say.

But with that said, since the break I lost 50 lbs and look like a male swimsuit model now. Don't know how that impacts her but I don't care.

Start a new facebook page as a way to journal all of the cool, positive things you have been doing. Set up the profile so that only pictures are readily available to see.

Take selfies on/in front of

1.) Eiffel tower

2.) Louvre

3.) Grand Canal

4.) Colosseum

5.) Empire State

Post all these pictures on your new facebook and document things as you would normally.

One day when you are healed you will more than likely see a request from her.

You show her that life does not stand still. You show her just what you have become.

Just for starters. You go out there and you improve your living. You show that you want to move on. You will become mysterious and show strength. Two traits women LOVE.

All the best

• Author
emotionalMess

Thanks!

M93, Well I haven't gone anywhere cool since the split however I have had a major physical transformation. I lost 50 lbs, replaced with lean muscle and look and feel awesome.

Envision a Couch Potato to male swimsuit model transformation.

It took a lot of work and dedication.

I don't know if the new image of me impacts her or not. Most women on LS say it does not matter. I don't really care. it is a positive following the split.

• Author
emotionalMess

I gotta be honest.

I Feel Great right now!

The reason?

My new facebook represents a new "me" and all the hard work I put in.

I am hot, single and there is no pressure to have any relationship right now.

No rush.

Take this positive energy that I have and use some for yourself.

Your amazing just the way you are guys!

I read your posts on the last page and you are not read.

OOne day, when you will be ready, you will read those posts and

see how not ready you were.

• Author
emotionalMess

Thanks LS user: dreamingoftigers for reminding me of this.

Below is something I posted a while back on another thread.

After reading it and my attitude toward it, do you think I was waiting around for a response?

Quote I found - You are not an option.

Here’s the thing: When you wait around for someone to contact you or respond to a message you put yourself on layaway so that you can be available should they see fit to ‘make contact’ and dignify and communicate that not only do they not have to value your time or even you as a person, but that you’re an option.

I am not anybody's option.

• Author
emotionalMess

So English is not her first language. I'm re-reading my posts and I think I decoded something here. Don't ,make anything of it. Its just interesting that's all.

She was with the 8000 mile away rebound dude for no less than a month before she said they agreed to marry. Like I said, she is desperate to find a mate before her parents start looking. She repeatedly said to me "I dont know if he is nice or not but if he is not, I am going to kill myself". You see how f**cking sad this part of the culture is? I don't know you but I'm willing to marry you? It is sad as all hell. At any rate, I think when she wrote "I am with you because I don't want you to be with someone who is not nice." She was hinting to me that she wanted me to do the same for her. Meaning, be the knight in shining armor to rescue her if it did not work out for her. Some would call it the fallback option. Well I guess he wasn't nice after all, they broke it maybe a month after she wrote this. I was not anywhere around at that time as a fallback.

After dumping me and then trying to play the friend card she once said.

"I am with you because I don't want you to be with someone who is not nice."

In other words, I'm going to remain in your business to see if your next girl is better than me.

Are you F8king kidding me?

Here is what I wanted to say:

First, when I am ready, there wont be just one. There will be many before I go exclusive if ever. Of those many, all will be so far out of your league that I advise you to keep away for your own self-preservation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
emotionalMess

So pissed at myself right now. I installed what's app for the first time ever on my phone and it pulled in all my contacts including my ex and her Facebook thumbnail. I know I shouldn't of had her on my contact list anyway but the damage is done now. I removed it.

I can see that she installed it 95 days ago.

Of course this is two days after I tried to call her and it went straight to voicemail. So my stupid mind is racing thinking she wanted to reach out but it's all BS I know it.

I tried to think of the scenarios like she change her phone number etc..

Again it's all B S.

This is what I get for being stupid.

If someone really cared about you nothing would stop them and they would find a way to contact you correct?