How to propose a long distance relationship to a girl

SIGH.

So she wrote:

I am so flattered by what you wrote, I think you are a really great guy and under other circumstances I would certainly say yes, but I think the distance will be a problem. I really enjoyed the time we spent together and for showing me around, and you must definitely still visit. :)

Obviously this is not a great response but is it hopeless? Can this be salvaged?

Nah, it's a 'no'. At least you tried though.

Time to move on.

• Like 1
  • Author
Medium.Lumo
Nah, it's a 'no'. At least you tried though.

Time to move on.

How can I move on from Special :(??

How can I move on from Special :(??

You are on LS; this forum is littered with tips on how to survive heartbreak. ;)

From experience I can tell you that a LDR is very hard. It takes two people fully committed to it and even then not every day is easy. The few times my LDR was on shaky ground were the moments when one of us started having serious doubts because of outside factors making life hard for us. Let alone what would happen if one of us stopped believing in us or our love started dwindling.

This girl is not ready for any of that sort of commitment. No matter how much you want this, it is never going to work. Save yourself from more heartbreak. Start healing.

• Like 1
So I know it seems hopeless but if you guys were me what would you respond to her?

Thank you for being honest. If you are ever back in [whatever town you met], look me up!

It really has little to do with you & everything to do with the fact that you live on opposite sides of the globe. She wants a real relationship that includes making out etc., not just an unfulfilling unrealistic fantasy in a computer.

Get a local GF. You will feel better.

• Author
Medium.Lumo

My ex was a local girl :( we all know how that panned out.

I am literally so low right now I can't see anything positive.

Thank you for being honest. If you are ever back in [whatever town you met], look me up!

It really has little to do with you & everything to do with the fact that you live on opposite sides of the globe. She wants a real relationship that includes making out etc., not just an unfulfilling unrealistic fantasy in a computer.

Get a local GF. You will feel better.

I think you need to take a longer break between relationships. You are still falling too hard for people at the start and you're unable to judge a good dating situation vs. one that's unlikely to work out.

Edit: Also, stop putting people you barely know on a pedestal. They are just people.

Edited by Eivuwan
  • Like 4
My ex was a local girl :( we all know how that panned out.

I am literally so low right now I can't see anything positive.

That's because your EX was the wrong local girl. But she was very beautiful & you learned a lot.

Now you managed to pick up this exotic foreign hottie. Can you please just acknowledge that you have Game? I'm serious. When you finally learn to believe that about yourself you will stop thinking every woman you meet has to be The One.

Pat yourself on the back for having good taste & being able to get these women to start with.

Relax & learn how to date casually for a while. No talking about forever until you have been with someone for at least 6 months.

ExpatInItaly
That's because your EX was the wrong local girl. But she was very beautiful & you learned a lot.

Now you managed to pick up this exotic foreign hottie. Can you please just acknowledge that you have Game? I'm serious. When you finally learn to believe that about yourself you will stop thinking every woman you meet has to be The One.

Pat yourself on the back for having good taste & being able to get these women to start with.

Relax & learn how to date casually for a while. No talking about forever until you have been with someone for at least 6 months.

This. You get way too attached way too quickly, OP. That will put off future prospects.