Trying hard to accept the breakup and accept the fact that's he has changed [updates]

• Author

I decided to make this thread to tell my progress and how I'm feeling each week of No Contact. It would be great if everyone shared theres as well.

WEEK 1

I'm at day 7 of no contact I haven't contacted him and he hasn't contacted me. I don't even get the slightest urge to contact him. I deleted my Facebook a week ago and haven't been back there since not checked his Facebook. Only problem is I have a habit of looking at his twitter :/. Although he doesn't tweet, his private Instagram is linked to his twitter so I see pictures he posts. I was fine for most of the week but last night I cried A LOT. I even had a nightmare he had a new girlfriend. I still think about him daily I can't wait til the thoughts disappear.

How was everyone else feeling there first week?

Day 12 - BU 3 months today.

Feeling abit down in the morning when I brought the kids to the ice rink as it reminded me of him. He taught the kids how to skate and for a moment, I felt guilty. Still couldn't really remember his face.. kinda blocked it away. Saw a couple that looked just like us at the rink, kept staring at them like a freak.

Was very tempted to check on his facebook page.. but then convinced myself that the last time I checked, i realised how boring he is so most likely there'll be nothing updated and I"ll be risking nostalgia.

Log into LS to get some affirmation about how sexting is wrong. Deleted his number and hasn't added it back. It's imprinted in my head now since I've been texting him endlessly for 2 months.. hope I'll forget it soon.

• Like 1
  • Author
Day 12 - BU 3 months today.

Feeling abit down in the morning when I brought the kids to the ice rink as it reminded me of him. He taught the kids how to skate and for a moment, I felt guilty. Still couldn't really remember his face.. kinda blocked it away. Saw a couple that looked just like us at the rink, kept staring at them like a freak.

Was very tempted to check on his facebook page.. but then convinced myself that the last time I checked, i realised how boring he is so most likely there'll be nothing updated and I"ll be risking nostalgia.

Log into LS to get some affirmation about how sexting is wrong. Deleted his number and hasn't added it back. It's imprinted in my head now since I've been texting him endlessly for 2 months.. hope I'll forget it soon.

I'm on the same page as you when it comes to remembering his number. Although I never contact him anymore I hope I soon forget it.

• Like 1
orangetree

Don't worry, you're in week one, that's absolutely normal. Some days will be better than others. And it's great that you don't have the urge to contact him!

I'm in week 6 of NC (day 41) and I feel much better than in the first few weeks I still think of him every day and I still miss him, but I do feel better. From the beginning I never had the urge to contact him, and he never contacted me. Sometimes I think we'll never talk again. Last night I dreamed of him, I dreamed how we kissed and slept together and this dream hurt me a lot. The weeks before I haven't dreamed much of him fortunately (in the first 2-3 weeks I dreamed of him almost every night).

• Like 1

2 months after break up, on day 3. Blocked her on fb, instagram, phone, Twitter, everything.

She's made no attempt to talk to me, nor have I her. Trying to move forward, but guilt and anxiety keep hitting me. Shouldn't be feeling like this, but after dating a bpd person, it apparently happens. Can't get over her, everything reminds me of her. I'm on this website all the time, trying to talk to people and help them so it in turns helps me.

Trying to stay strong

• Like 1
elseaacych

My first week, about 7 months ago, was actually pretty okay. I'd just started back to work, and didn't want to talk to him at all. Things got a little more complicated after that because I didn't block him on social media.

Now, 7 months on, I'm fully blocked, and I'm in a better place. Haven't heard from him at all. That's a good thing, even if some days I don't feel like it. I face many anxieties about running into him within the next few months, but those will be dealt with. You just have to keep on trudging along. Time is the best healer, and if you treat yourself with the respect you deserve, you will heal even faster.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Like an idiot I let his persistence make me respond to him. After literally 2 weeks to be exact of NC. He wrote me on twitter saying "call me" then he texted me. I said "what" he told me all his accomplishments he made since we've been broken up I said "congrats". But he didn't stop he started saying he left me because I complained and nagged too much, it was mind damaging and it was standing in the way of him accomplishing his goals -_- and basically said he now wants me back and wants to see me for dinner tomoro.

Now my mind is all over the place. That story about him needing to accomplish goals doesn't explain why he messed with a bunch of females right after we broke up. My family and friends hate him and would HATE to see me having anything to do with him again. I'm sure he hasn't changed and I would never trust him again. A part of me wants to go to that dinner and see what he has to say and then disappear for good.

"I'm out of it now. He actually has grabbed me, pulled my hair , pushed me and punched me in like my legs and back once so I would considered it physical as well. (I never told anyone about that) thank god I'm out of that."

Is this the same dirtbag?

"Then in may I found out he had been cheating on me, he begged for me back and I took him back although I wasn't over the fact that I've been cheated on."

Same dirtbag?

• Author
"Then in may I found out he had been cheating on me, he begged for me back and I took him back although I wasn't over the fact that I've been cheated on."

Same dirtbag?

same dirtbag for sure!!

same dirtbag for sure!!

You know what to do. Why haven't you blocked him from all forms of contact?

You stated in your past post that he said he is a narcissist. You cannot win the war with a narcissist. The only way you win it is by going NC and removing any possible avenue for them to get to you.

"A part of me wants to go to that dinner and see what he has to say and then disappear for good."

The above makes zero sense.

• Author
You know what to do. Why haven't you blocked him from all forms of contact?

You stated in your past post that he said he is a narcissist. You cannot win the war with a narcissist. The only way you win it is by going NC and removing any possible avenue for them to get to you.

"A part of me wants to go to that dinner and see what he has to say and then disappear for good."

The above makes zero sense.

True! He should've been blocked but I had no Idea he would even contact me. You're saying it makes zero sense" as in you don't understand what I said or it would make no sense to go??? Explain further cause I don't know what you're getting at

True! He should've been blocked but I had no Idea he would even contact me. You're saying it makes zero sense" as in you don't understand what I said or it would make no sense to go??? Explain further cause I don't know what you're getting at

No, you should have blocked him. Your healing and moving on is your reponsibility. And that means YOU removing and blocking him so that he does not trigger you from setting yourself back.

Your logic about going to see him makes no sense.

• Like 1

And really? He accomplished his "goals" in two weeks. BS. He just said that to make you beat yourself up about the demise of the relationship and to place blame on you for his shytt behavior.

He didn't just mess with females after you ended. He messed with a female while in a relationship with you.

You want to go to the dinner because you want to see him. You want validation. You hope he may have something different to say to you or offer change.

If you know he hasn't changed and you could never trust him again, nothing he can say at dinner will change that so it's useless and illogical for you to contemplate going.

I'm not surprised as to why your friends and family despise him.

Moderation stopping by, noting at least three threads merged here, to remind members in general to, pursuant to the very clear announcement at the top of this forum, post continued commentaries on and updates to their breakups in the thread they started on such. This gives respondents context and also lessens clutter in our breakup forum and keeps more member's stories on the front page. Thanks and please continue!

• Like 1
  • Author
And really? He accomplished his "goals" in two weeks. BS. He just said that to make you beat yourself up about the demise of the relationship and to place blame on you for his shytt behavior.

He didn't just mess with females after you ended. He messed with a female while in a relationship with you.

You want to go to the dinner because you want to see him. You want validation. You hope he may have something different to say to you or offer change.

If you know he hasn't changed and you could never trust him again, nothing he can say at dinner will change that so it's useless and illogical for you to contemplate going.

I'm not surprised as to why your friends and family despise him.

Responding to him was such a mistake and a setback. And you're right what he said was BS. I won't even bother with that dinner

Responding to him was such a mistake and a setback. And you're right what he said was BS. I won't even bother with that dinner

Please block him from every possible way of contacting you. Just be done and move on from this.

I read your earlier post about jail time, the cheating, narcissisism, etc. Red flags everywhere.

Move on. Throw the garbage out.

• Like 1