Affect my affair had/has on my family....vent

• Author

It's been four years since I started this thread. My son and I hit a major bump in the road and he displayed a great deal of anger directed towards me and became slightly disrespectful Nothing too terrible, but bad and uncomfortable.

We got through it. Just spent the day with him and his long-term girlfriend (I believe I mentioned her at the beginning of their relationship here) picking up things for college, he leaves in a few weeks and she is going with. I can see seeds of issues but I also see the potential for a lifetime partnership. He is his dad all over again, the exact same person.

When I started this, I over thought it all. I'm not saying I didn't cause lasting damage to his views on love and marriage, I can say we don't see any real negative impact now. So yay for that.

I wanted to post this update for those that followed all those years back.:bunny:

• Like 5
Starswillshine

Loved reading through this thread and seeing the progressions.

Congratulations to you both for working hard to find your love again.

Good for you. Good for your son. He has good parents looking after him he should be fine.

At the point your son is at in age I was not talking to any family at all and living in a dump. Abusing drugs. Tons if repressed FOO issues. Rage issues.

I never got to go to college. Maybe I still can. Who knows?

Sounds like he's doing alright.