Why young women are attracted to older men

Lemme see... The last younger guy who hit on me for years... Was a candidate in astronaut training school.

The other one was a PhD student and an Olympian.

I don't believe I will need to be hitting the local diner for dates... But thanks.

Just got off the phone with my nine years younger guy. We are going eyeglass shopping thus weekend, then going for a run. He is a mathematician. Has qualified twice for the boston...

I used to date women older than me too....mostly for sex though.

My guess is this guy is doing the same.

I'm part of the younger generation and I think our generation is sh*t. The generation after us will be worse though and the generation after them will be worse and so on until our society collapses and we are forced to rebuild.

Then things will be right with the world until the cycle repeats itself.

You are actually correct on this. Human nature is too stupid to objectively see our own situation. Instead we swing back and forth in cycles.

• Like 1

Deleted

10 characters

Edited by Imported
I changed my mind on what I want to share. It's in the past and over with.
I know. I wish the actual reality that I live in day in and day out were real instead of just deluding myself with all of these fantasies of reality.

Errrrrr.....

And are you actually in a relationship with any of these much younger (15+ years younger) women? Yeah, I didn't think so.

• Like 1

Lol, you don't know me very well, now do you ;)

Besides, what do I care? You act like that is an insult.

Hilarious. If I am going to get some preemptive slut shaming, or put up with the 'he just wants you for sex' boogeyman might as well be with younger ones...

You are walking proof. You aren't looking for a relationship. Most guys these days aren't... No matter what they SAY. You think your dick is gold plated?

Edited by RedRobin

So why would older men expect a love connection with a younger woman?

• Like 1
Lol, you don't know me very well, now do you ;)

Besides, what do I care? You act like that is an insult.

Hilarious. If I am going to get some preemptive slut shaming, or put up with the 'he just wants you for sex' boogeyman might as well be with younger ones...

You are walking proof. You aren't looking for a relationship. Most guys these days aren't... No matter what they SAY. You think your dick is gold plated?

Most men want a relationship but we want a good one. The ones available just aren't appealing to a lot of men who have options.

Most men want a relationship but we want a good one. The ones available just aren't appealing to a lot of men who have options.

Women have options too. The single men available around here I don't find appealing for a relationship either.

Most of them aren't even all that appealing for sex. Oh wait! I meant the guys my age and older. Yea.

Guess two can play at that.

Women have options too. The single men available around here I don't find appealing for a relationship either.

Most of them aren't even all that appealing for sex. Oh wait! I meant the guys my age and older. Yea.

Guess two can play at that.

Many women preach the never settle thing so why is it so wrong for a man to believe in the same thing? If I weren't with my wife chances are I would be single by choice.

Many women preach the never settle thing so why is it so wrong for a man to believe in the same thing? If I weren't with my wife chances are I would be single by choice.

Right... And what does the landscape start to look like when attractive women with options decide that dating or having sex with guys their own age or older feels like settling?

Looks like fewer 'options' for those guys, lol. Most of whom really can't get many women... Especially not younger ones.

Why does anyone have to be "settling" if they are attracted to an older or younger person?

In my area there are plenty of woman my age, and I have dated quite a few. Most came with a lot of baggage and head issues. The are plenty of younger woman too, I never persued them, they showed an interest in me first. Guess what? They had baggage, too. Guess what, I do to.

I was attracted to them, not their age, and we moved forward. How is that, settling? I am still very open to dating woman my own age, it's my preference, but if a younger woman comes along that I am attracted to and we connect, why not? How is she settling simply because I am older? It's her choice, her desire, her interest.

If I understand you RedRobin and KathyM I am supposed to do some kind of quick assessment to see if she, a younger woman, is dysfunctional and find out why she is attracted to me. Every woman I have met is dysfunctional to some degree. I think it's kind of where we are as the healthy one are well, taken.

Well in general, women mature at a younger age. They may want to settle down sooner whereas men might not, so they look for those qualities elsewhere.

Why does anyone have to be "settling" if they are attracted to an older or younger person?

In my area there are plenty of woman my age, and I have dated quite a few. Most came with a lot of baggage and head issues. The are plenty of younger woman too, I never persued them, they showed an interest in me first. Guess what? They had baggage, too. Guess what, I do to.

I was attracted to them, not their age, and we moved forward. How is that, settling? I am still very open to dating woman my own age, it's my preference, but if a younger woman comes along that I am attracted to and we connect, why not? How is she settling simply because I am older? It's her choice, her desire, her interest.

If I understand you RedRobin and KathyM I am supposed to do some kind of quick assessment to see if she, a younger woman, is dysfunctional and find out why she is attracted to me. Every woman I have met is dysfunctional to some degree. I think it's kind of where we are as the healthy one are well, taken.

Ask yourself the same question. Why your age limit was set at zero or one year older than yourself. You clearly feel like you are settling at some level. It is why you didn't parade the 49 year olds age around like you did the 29 yr old.

The only difference is some women believing garbage fed to them by older men being better, more mature, or more commitment oriented. Those women are 'settling'... Whether you like it or not. Granted, I have witnessed men putting up with boatloads of crap from a younger woman that they would never tolerate from a same age woman... If only for bragging rights. Kind of funny to watch, really.

I dumped a guy last year for lying about my age to his friend. We were same age, but obviously he was embarrassed or felt like he had something to prove to his friend. So I dumped him. There were other reasons... But it was that kind of thing... He was a big poseur.

Edited by RedRobin
Well in general, women mature at a younger age. They may want to settle down sooner whereas men might not, so they look for those qualities elsewhere.

Women who might want kids tend to want to settle down, sure. I don't agree that women mature at a younger age anymore, however.

Especially given changes in sexual mores and more women waiting to start families or doing it on their own. I view relative maturity levels as essentially converging...

I am married to a woman older than myself so I sure don't view women my own age or older as settling. I view settling as being with a woman who is not willing to give what I am willing to. I ask for nothing I am not willing to deliver myself. Since I rarely see women like her that are single chances are if I missed her that way I wouldn't have found another one like her.

I don't see where all these men are against women their own age anyway. I see plenty of same age couples and that includes couples who recently got together. Some women watch First Wives Club too much and think that is what all men are like.

• Like 3
Ask yourself the same question. Why your age limit was set at zero or one year older than yourself. You clearly feel like you are settling at some level. It is why you didn't parade the 49 year olds age around like you did the 29 yr old..

I have never paraded the 28 year old or the 29 year old. I made reference to their age related to the context of the post, or the subject. I never felt like I was parading their age to stroke my ego.

I never talked about the age of my crazy ex gf; the age was not relevant to the post. She was 42 when we met, me 45. "Same age".

Regardless, we disagree and can leave it at that.

I have never paraded the 28 year old or the 29 year old. I made reference to their age related to the context of the post, or the subject. I never felt like I was parading their age to stroke my ego.

I never talked about the age of my crazy ex gf; the age was not relevant to the post. She was 42 when we met, me 45. "Same age".

Regardless, we disagree and can leave it at that.

You mean the 28 yr old before she turned 29.... For awhile there you couldn't go one thread without talking about your FWB and how old she was...

... The practically daily blow by blow that included her age. If the ages of your gf's are not important, then I don't know why you make a point of bringing them up.

Oh, and yes, I knew the age of your ex gf. You have mentioned it more than once.

Edited by RedRobin
You mean the 28 yr old before she turned 29.... For awhile there you couldn't go one thread without talking about your FWB and how old she was...

... The practically daily blow by blow that included her age. If the ages of your gf's are not important, then I don't know why you make a point of bringing them up.

Oh, and yes, I knew the age of your ex gf. You have mentioned it more than once.

Oh, and I gave the 28 year old a NICE present....Mmmmm. The 29 year old did not have a birthday while we were together, darn.

You win, RedRobin. enjoy your 9 years younger super fitness smart man, that we all seem to know about now, because I think, you were, parading him. Just, sayin. I have a date with my 49 year old gal. Gotta go.

OP, you can have your thread back..

Oh, and I gave the 28 year old a NICE present....Mmmmm. The 29 year old did not have a birthday while we were together, darn.

You win, RedRobin. enjoy your 9 years younger super fitness smart man, that we all seem to know about now, because I think, you were, parading him. Just, sayin. I have a date with my 49 year old gal. Gotta go.

OP, you can have your thread back..

Well, at least you are calling it a date now...

Younger guys these days don't want serious relationships. I have many invites to "hook up" few to none of "will you be my girlfriend". Older men have jobs, kids, mortgages etc...and usually have other priorities than getting some. I gave up on young guys. I would rather be an older man any day. Plus, I think they understand you have a life as they do. The relationship is more about good times together.