feeling hurt... No ring in the near future

thinkingofhim

If he's planning on buying a house with you but not planning on marrying you, he probably NEVER wants to get married to anyone, period.

You know OP... these are your prime dating years. Right now your dating pool is huge. Don't waste your time on someone who will make a major financial commitment with you but not a romantic/legal one. To me that says he likes you, thinks you're a good companion, but doesn't want to marry you. Ever.

But, if you allow yourself to fall "madly in love" with someone before learning if you are compatible on a basic level, it will be that much harder to extricate yourself from a bad or at least not good situation.

I have spoken to a lot of men. In real life, and also online.

The story goes: there is always that "one" woman who gets them like no one else has, the woman that they fall the hardest and fastest for, who they are so instinctively attracted to and who they also have a connection with. This is the woman who "knocks their socks off" where as the other girls are just women they fancy and have mediocre romantic feelings for. After meeting such a woman, they say they often never again find a girl who they feel that strongly about, a few of them find another one but it takes them many years..... I have only met men that have mat 2 of these such women, and spanning an entire lifetime. It IS NOT common to find a girl that shifts the earth for you the day you meet her, I KNOW this, MANY guys have told me and I have read about THOUSANDS of stories on here.

Sure, it would royally suck if they weren't compatible since they felt way more intensively about each other than they ever normally do for other people. However, when there are incompatibilities, two lovers who feel that strong, intense level of love that is rarely found will generally try hard to get over almost anything together.Does the OP and her boyfriend feel that level of love? Some would argue that after 6 months a guy knows if a lady is someone he WANTS to spend his life with, he wouldn't propose that soon but he would "know" she was "the one" Knowing she is the one doesn't mean he has to propose though.

I would ask her partner if he "knows" she is the one yet just wants to make sure they get along, OR if he is still not sure if SHE is "the one" he wants to spend his life with. Does the OP or most people for that matter, NEED that type of "head over heels" love? Personally I do, I want a guy who I feel more strongly about then prior mates. I am NOT SURE if all men who are nuts about a girl and feel that "crazy" love for her will necessarily be into marrying her ASAP

I know of one couple on here who got engaged after about 6 months and where the guy just KNEW right away that he was totally smitten. He is in his 40s too and has been around a lot and clearly knows when he is smitten with a woman in comparison to the other ones he has met previously... This is not the norm though plus this couple has had a lot of experience and were even married once themselves. Couples still in their 20's should probably not jump the gun since it takes longer to judge ones true character than a mere year.

I have a good friend who has one of those "crazy in love, passionate" types of relationships. They DEFINATELY knew each other fairly well after 6 months but he still didn't go and propose, even though he had the money to.

He will probably propose between the 1 - 2 year mark.

In ALL instances of crazy in love couples, the guy ALWAYS KNEW she was "the one" for him WELL before the 2 year mark.... Even if they didn't propose. They still KNEW.

Anyways, those are my experiences with people I know personally ^^^^

I have never met or hear of a man who was head over heels about a girl and yet didn't know after 1 year that she was "the one"