Do good looking men lack loyalty in a relationship?

Kind of reminds me of my old crush. Seriously the best looking guy in town, artist and successful commercial artist as well. He was so good looking he had problems with women. I remember once a woman trying to literally pull/force him to leave a bar with her. He saw me across the room and yelled for me to help him. He is actually a very chivalrous guy and wouldn't lift a hand to hurt a woman and has actually stepped in between women and abusive men. So I literally pulled his other arm until she left.

He never wanted to hurt women, but just by being so attractive, women became obsessed with him (chief among them me, but I hid it from him because I knew if I didn't he'd run). It was the seventies, so I mean, no one turned down voluntary sex (no diseases or anything to worry about), so if he wanted to bed them, he bedded them. I never held it against him because that was the era. I was a slut myself. He did have monogamous relationships sometimes. But of course, he left a wake of brokenhearted women, even though all he did was cooperate with them and sleep with them. He's sensitive about it still, asked me when I last saw him 10 years ago if I thought he was a womanizer and got defensive about it. I never thought he was a womanizer. He just had women throwing themselves at him and did what people will do under those circumstances.

I think he was pretty good when he had a real girlfriend, although he would still always kiss my hand and warmly greet me when we ran into each other while she stood by smiling mildly. Never figured that one out. It always made me feel good that even when he was monogamous, he would still continue his normal (warm/hand kissing) type behavior with me right out in the open and be glad to see me. We were never BF/GF, just got together a handful of times over the decades, but we had some sort of special connection. And he never really broke my heart, the only one who didn't, and I decided 10 years ago after a close call that I will leave him alone now and let him be my one remaining enigma, for the next life.

By the way, the way he ended women getting obsessed over him was he grew a beard. Now he doesn't look like anything special although he's amazingly well preserved. I miss that face. But I think he had to do that and be sure he could still be appreciated as a person, not just a pretty face.

• 3 weeks later...
There was a recent woman that I know of, seems to have a heck of a time running into mulit- or serial daters. No telling what they could be carrying, but she seems to complain about loyalty of these very attractive, handsome, GQ guys.

I read some article that lesser attractive or average men tend to be much more loyal to their women, statistically than their handsome counter parts.

I tend to agree......what are your thoughts?

Of course, someone here will say, "Even ugly guys can be unfaithful" but let's get real here. :)

I am not a self proclaimed GQ good looking handsome man. Enough woman, gfs and friends, and men, have told me so where I assume, I am. I am regualry told I could have any woman I wanted, based on my looks.

I have been 100% loyal in all of my relationships. Never cheated, never have, never will, never wandered emotionally, never will. Never had GIGS.

To me it goes back to morals, values and character. Period.

I don't believe more attractive people are more or less loyal, but that loyalty is tested far more often. Some people have a hard time fending off the advances of others, and when you are attractive people can get aggressive in attempting to hook you. At least that's been my experience-I've had girls call me late at night, send naughty texts/pics, touch me in public, sit on my lap unexpectedly. These things happen regardless of whether you're in a relationship or not, and sometimes regardless of whether you even know them.

I can see how some guys might let that go to their head.

I like this, and it's mostly true. I get attention from woman,when dating or not dating someone, but I also put a vibe out when I am dating someone that, well, I am dating someone and I am not available.

I am not a self proclaimed GQ good looking handsome man. Enough woman, gfs and friends, and men, have told me so where I assume, I am. I am regualry told I could have any woman I wanted, based on my looks.

I have been 100% loyal in all of my relationships. Never cheated, never have, never will, never wandered emotionally, never will. Never had GIGS.

To me it goes back to morals, values and character. Period.

I will add, that in my past relationships, this was never an issue, except for the 29 year old gal I liked this fall and tried to date. It turned into a FWB, which I accepted as it gave me a chance to spend time with her and see if we were a match for dating. She regualrly told me how I could have any woman I wanted, why was I with her, she was not attractive, I was, that I must have had pity on her, felt sorry for her, etc. This, was very ugly. When we would og out she would point out girls that were checking me out, encourage me to go talk to them, etc. On one case she even said two woman in the bathroom were talking about me and i should go talk to them. Not an attractive quality in a person at all. I alwasy told her, in response, I thought she was very attractive (she was IMHO) and could have any man SHE wanted.

I know all about this subject because I've had a lot of firsthand experience and also observation experience. It's not just very attractive guys, but it's guys who have something going for them, like money or fame. In a nutshell, most men, if they get the opportunity, will play the field or cheat. My experience is with musicians, both local and international. Nearly any gigging musician has ample opportunity for multiple women and in my experience, they mostly all used that opportunity to varying degrees but mostly full-on maximum getting laid and always having one or more in the wings even when they are trying to stick with a relationship.

Attractive guys have that advantage just as attractive women do (but men and women use it differently). Very good looking guys, if they are not famous, are usually not very good in bed because they don't have to try. However, very good looking famous guys will be great in bed if there's any chance not doing so will mess up their reputation. What I observed is with the ones who always had girls lined up ready to do anything for no reason other than being a fan, they often just let them do it and laid back. But if there was someone more a peer or who was plugged in some way to their circle, they would be the greatest. But that didn't mean they'd not have sex with the others. Basically, famous people have a reputation to maintain and both being great in bed and being inundated with easy women benefit their personae in the rock world.

But not all great looking guys get that many women. When they don't, it's usually they have a big personality flaw. I dated one who was perfect on paper, came from a wealthy family, clean-cut good looks, a scholar, but he would come spend weekends (lived out of state) and it was always up to me to maintain the conversation. Other than his grad school thesis, which was way over my head, and a friend in common, we had nothing to talk about and he just wasn't an entertaining person to hang out with. So he didn't get that many women because of his low-key personality. But he married the next one after me, and I hope they're happy.

It's not only attractive guys who will cheat. Most guys, no matter how hard a time they've had attracting women in the past, will try to become a player if the opportunity presents itself. A good friend of mine was a very nerdy looking guy who looks now just like he did in his 20s, like a pudgy thin-haired 50 year old with glasses, but he always did have a good job. He obsessed over women and tried every way he knew to maneuver his way into their lives but failed over and over (because for one thing, he was verging on being a creeper about it). Well, he finally got accepted by a woman and had been perfectly happy going out with her over a few weeks' time and then by some miracle, somehow another woman dropped into his lap. It was like EUREKA! So now for the first time in his life he had two women to date. Now, I knew him for years, still do, and I'd have thought he would be so grateful to have the one that he'd behave himself. But noooooooo. For the first time in his life he was able to do what a lot of his friends did and juggle women and that's just what he delightedly did until they both dumped him.

His story does have a happy ending. He was out fixated on a woman in a group and not paying attention to any other women who might be looking at him when one who was forward enough made it known to him that she was interested, but I mean she had to practically hit him over the head with it because he was so focused on this other woman who wasn't even looking at him. Well, she "wasn't his type" but they fell madly in love and compliment each other's personalities and are still married.

Cheating is about opportunity for the majority of men. That doesn't mean there aren't still some out there who prefer one woman at a time and a deeper relationship. But when women are just out there fishing, they mostly get the former because the latter are usually in a relationship!

I don't like how you state "most men", the "majority" of men, though I do get your point, your message.

My ex gf hung out with the 80s rock hair bands (AC/DC, Motely Crue, Bon Jovi, Tesla, Warrant, etc), backstage partying, hotel partying, and always claimed she did not have sex with them. She was interested in getting to know them, she let her gfs have sex with them. She even once said "most of them do not want the sex, they just want to talk to a woman". Not sure I ever believed her but in time, as I got to know her better, it did not bother me.

She was funny about it though, she would tell her gfs, the ones convinced these guys were dating them, you think you have a bf, for 20 minutes....

good looking guys have higher levels of testosterone.
They also have longer penis's with more girth! Just saying..oh, and they are usualy, taller too. :D