How to know if he is who he claims to be ?

Why is this guy living in Australia? Does he have a job?

OP, I take it you don't know the answers to these questions?

Best,

TMichaels

• Author
OP, I take it you don't know the answers to these questions?

Best,

TMichaels

He moved to aust with his mom and sister when he was young cuz of tha bad situations in yogualavia

• Author
So how long is it gonna take him to save up for a phone?

I can't believe you are accepting his blatant lies. this thread is really sad.

Please don't reveal any more personal info to him than you already have. He is NOT who he is says he is.

Is he attractive? What's his job situation? Does he have friends? What I'm wondering is why does he need to date a girl in another country?

Are you facebook friends?

eta Oh I see in your OP he doesn't have a FB. Yeah right. He just can't add you (prob not even giving you his real name) cause you'll see he's not who he says he is.

You are soooo naive. A hot 21 yr old guy who has to "date" a long distance teenager in the middle east. Come ON. Why can't he find local girls to date?

He's an old man taking advantage of a young desperate girl, NO young sexy 21 yr old guy doesn't have a phone, doesn't have FB, and is seeking out middle eastern teens to date.

He is attractive to me but not the most attractive guy I ever met. He doesn't work he does mixed martial arts. He loves me not other local girls cuz he thinks that ausie girls are not attractive and have ugly yellow blond hair. He says that I have exotic Arab beauty which he finds really attractive and this is not the first time anyone say that to me and I actualy dated European before in real . I don't have face book either it's a waste of time. He has a phone that doesn't have a camera . And I'm like him in not dating locals I never dated or will date guys from my country . I can understand that point . He's poor.

I'm attractive as well and I'm seeking to date a European guy online

Then, if he has a phone, why not give him a call? Just to hear his voice, which I'm sure you said you haven't heard either...

That would be a start!

• Like 1
  • Author
Do you live with your parents? Do you compensate them financially for the cost of your room/board? Are you going/planning to go to college? Who will be supporting you during that time?

So given that, how exactly do you think a relationship with this guy will be possible?

How can your parents be ok with you having a relationship with someone who isn't Middle Eastern if they have such conservative viewpoints?

I thought Google was your friend...

Faith - noun

1. Belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion.

2. A system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith., the Muslim faith, etc

Best,

TMichaels

Yeas I love with them. They want me to go to collage in the USA but I'm thinking of going to aust to meet him . If he doesn't turn out who he is I won't regret going there cuz I prefer aust over USA before I met him.

My parents aren't conservative , the socoity is the conservative one my family is really open minded.

I don't believe in a certain religion but I do believe in god and he's Christian but not that religious so we are good .

Stop putting this European guy on a pedestal and gain some self-esteem. Your self-confidence is so low that you are wiling to take any crap just to continue talking to this guy. You can't really love someone you have not met in PERSON.

Him being "attractive" is not an excuse for you to put your feelings aside and focus on him alone. You've been getting on cam naked for some guy, Lord knows who, for the past 7 months now! There is NO real relationship here. Just some guy with excuses as wide as the universe.

He has not made any real effort to make you feel better about this awkward situation...he could at the very least call you and talk on the phone. There is even yahoo messenger where you can voice chat for free. There are just too many free options to voice verify that he literally has no excuse!

You need to take your head out of the clouds and start thinking straight, young lady. Gain some self-esteem while you're at it. If you truly loved yourself you would not tolerate this kind of treatment.

Edited by ThisGal
  • Like 1

AGAIN, how long is it going to take him to save up for a phone?

is that correct you've never even spoken to him?! Will he even give you his phone number? I guess not? But he loves you sooo much! Weird!

Yeas I love with them. They want me to go to collage in the USA but I'm thinking of going to aust to meet him . If he doesn't turn out who he is I won't regret going there cuz I prefer aust over USA before I met him.

My parents aren't conservative , the socoity is the conservative one my family is really open minded.

I don't believe in a certain religion but I do believe in god and he's Christian but not that religious so we are good .

You're basing your whole future for a man? you haven't yet met. He's like the Headless Horseman. He hasn't put a face to his name, or a real face. Wait another week for that picture with your name. If he still has excuses as to why he can't send you a proof-pic then let him go. Move on with your life. You have a long life ahead of you as you're only 18. Don't need that headache, believe me. You'll eventually meet another guy that is your type.

He doesn't work he does mixed martial arts. He's poor.

So why doesn't he <redacted> get a job?

If he's not working then how will he be able to save up money to buy the much-discussed fancy phone that's preventing you from seeing/talking to him?

Oh he told me about his friends and told some of his friends about me

And you've corroborated the latter without a doubt, how?

He moved to aust with his mom and sister when he was young cuz of tha bad situations in yogualavia

And what proof do you have that this was the case?

Best,

TMichaels

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Merge
  • Like 1
  • Author
Stop putting this European guy on a pedestal and gain some self-esteem. Your self-confidence is so low that you are wiling to take any crap just to continue talking to this guy. You can't really love someone you have not met in PERSON.

Him being "attractive" is not an excuse for you to put your feelings aside and focus on him alone. You've been getting on cam naked for some guy, Lord knows who, for the past 7 months now! There is NO real relationship here. Just some guy with excuses as wide as the universe.

He has not made any real effort to make you feel better about this awkward situation...he could at the very least call you and talk on the phone. There is even yahoo messenger where you can voice chat for free. There are just too many free options to voice verify that he literally has no excuse!

You need to take your head out of the clouds and start thinking straight, young lady. Gain some self-esteem while you're at it. If you truly loved yourself you would not tolerate this kind of treatment.

I never been naked on cam for him I have dignity... Watch your mouth he just saw my face

If you want to go to college in Australia do so because you want to not because of him.

Just be careful. There are too many red flags.

If it won't cost him anything to talk to you, since you could voice chat for free online without seeing him, which is better than now, or you could call him and it wouldn't cost him anything, it's obvious:

1. He has a girlfriend and is just using you for amusement.

2. He is probably doing the same with other women as well.

3. He doesn't care that much about you, despite what he says, to make any effort.

I don't think holding up a sign with your name would work because he could get anyone to hold up that sign and take their picture.

Do they have therapists in the Middle East? I'd suggest working on your self esteem so you don't become a victim of him or anyone else.

I think at this point she needs to crash and burn to learn this valuable life lesson.

I think she's gonna take the hard route

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • Author
I think at this point she needs to crash and burn to learn this valuable life lesson.

I think she's gonna take the hard route

whqt valuable lesson ?

I'm currently with him and he is who he claims to be I live with him

Edited by Lona.loba
  • 3 weeks later...
Thegreatestthing

Some people aren't catfish I refuse to go on skype a lot because it can be. Bad lighting angles etc I just don't like it and always make excuses like I haven't done my hair,but I'm 100 percent real.

That said many times I've taken a picture holding a sign of whoever I'm talking to the persons name and sent that,this guy could have at least done that.

What on earth was his excuse? You can buy phones with cameras for $29 here.

whqt valuable lesson ?

I'm currently with him and he is who he claims to be I live with him

Nice to hear about Net relationships that do have a good and happy ending. You said your gut instinct told you he was real and this was after many many months of hanging with him. And Instinct was right. Trust instinct. It's usually right.

So glad this ended well for both of you! :love: My best wishes!

If you have the money, hire a private investigator to go check him out.

Truly radical approach))) I thiknk it's catfish with no doubts cos if you WANT to make a video of yourself ypul''ll do it anyway. Every modern phone has a cam sufficient to make a video of appropriate quality I suppose... One girl from Ukraine one day put my brother across. He met her on one of popular web sites like facebook, originclub.com or smthn like that I don't remember. Thay texted to each other but when he was in ukraineand tried to meet her - he met other girl, that wasn't look like girl from avatar, she was ugly as a Atomic War

In all fairness I never did any webcaming during my one LDR and never had an urge to. It's just not for some people. Though it is a little weird if he isn't sending pictures or talking to you on the phone.

In general of course, because it seems this case is already resolved. :confused:

Eternal Sunshine
In all fairness I never did any webcaming during my one LDR and never had an urge to. It's just not for some people. Though it is a little weird if he isn't sending pictures or talking to you on the phone.

In general of course, because it seems this case is already resolved. :confused:

Yep, in most of my "online flings" I didn't Skype because I hate it. I only did it with one guy because he kept insisting on it. But even then, I did it a few times and started making excuses :/