How to know if he is who he claims to be ?

There are plenty if internet cafés that have cameras as well. He doesn't need to buy one if he is legit.

Why don't you just move on?

• Like 3
  • Author
Sounds like deja-vu to me.

Can you tell me, what kind of pics has been sending you? I mean, is he generous with them? Him in a variety of situations and/or with friends? etc.

If you want to test him, I used to ask men I was chatting with to send me a picture of them holding up a piece of paper that said "Hello Michelle". It will guarantee that you get a RECENT picture if nothing else. Even if HE doesn't have a camera on his phone or owns a digital camera I'm fairly certain that one of his friends would have one or the other. All he has to do is ask them to help him out. Wouldn't you do that if you're friend asked you? It's really that simple.

He sent me pics of him alone, pics of him with friends, pics of him with hos baby cousin, pictures from his cousins wedding that was recent he even sent me old pics of him when he used to have a Mohawk hair cut . I will ask him to send me a pic of him holding a paper having my name on it or even record me a video saying my name and send it by email.

• Like 1
  • Author

One of my friends says that he's not faking. Yesterday I watched an episode of catfish season 2, and the couple was chatting for 8 years but the girl never saw the guy she was in love with . He only sent her pictures, but when they met through catfish he turned out real not fake and the same guy in the pictures .

That story is simillar to mine but mine has less years and we didn't meet yet .

One of my friends says that he's not faking. Yesterday I watched an episode of catfish season 2, and the couple was chatting for 8 years but the girl never saw the guy she was in love with . He only sent her pictures, but when they met through catfish he turned out real not fake and the same guy in the pictures .

That story is simillar to mine but mine has less years and we didn't meet yet .

I saw that episode too. It is 1 with a happy, normal ending amongst 50 episodes with people in it doing all sorts of weird stuff (man being a woman, woman being a man, model looking like Joe Average, even someone's trusted best female friend pretending to be a boy). Do you want to act like this for 8 yrs and then find out you are one of the 50 others?? Follow the advice given above; it's very simple to find out if he is genuine and frankly says a lot about him that he feels no need at all to ease your worried mind.

• Like 1

I mean no offense by this but I can understand why you'd feel this way as a teenager. As life goes on you'll begin learning how much potential is out there in the world. There's always going to be somebody out there who holds the same values as you, and is also willing to be open enough to identify themselves. You're living in a fantasy right now because whatever conversations you've had online invoked a profound sense of longing. But now it's time to think rationally instead of emotionally. This man can literally be anyone. Cliché, but he can be a fifty year old balding man with a criminal history. You've never met him, witness how he treats other people, how much he values your sense of comfort or not, or what sort of man he really is.

You're clearly filling in all the gaps to keep this fantasy alive. USB was a concept first conceived in the early 1990s to standardize computer peripherals like web cameras. He would literally need a computer older than you for it to be, "Too old for a web camera to work."

Meanwhile people receive iPhones for FREE once they sign up for many plans! He could literally walk into a Walmart and exit with the cheapest plan imaginable and a free phone.

You don't know if he's faking. You're friend doesn't know that he's faking. Just because you've seen a television show doesn't mean anything at all about an entirely different person. You don't know anything other than the fact you haven't seen his face before. Period. He can, and for all we know really is, absolutely anyone.

• Like 3
This man can literally be anyone. Cliché, but he can be a fifty year old balding man with a criminal history. .

He could be sending pictures of his son or grandson. That's why he doesn't want you hearing his voice.

• Like 2
  • Author

I can't judge now, ill wait till he gets his new phone or send me a pic of him holding a paper that has my name. He is my dream guy he has everything I ever wanted in a guy from looks to personality and no other guy in my country has ever treated me the way he does .

LittleTiger
He's in Sydney , Australia

So your guy is in Australia and your friends guy is in New Zealand?

Whereabouts are you?

Any computer with a USB port and all pc's dating back at least 15 years can use a webcam USB ports are always the same size its only 15 bucks at wal mart, the old excuse is not valid.

Telling you hes going to save for the most expensive thing out there, this phone he speaks of is prob like 400 plus dollars is a way to avoid it entirely.

No cafe, wont go to friends, hes making no effort why should you?

Not only that!!! hes telling you getting a cell phone is of far more interest to him than seeing you if hes been saving surely hes got the 15$ by now you are not his first priority of interest.

No clue why you think this guy treats you well my guess is he listens to your every problem, says sweet things maybe even buys you online things and you consider this a dream guy? But besides "talk" he makes no "action"

Words mean nothing, action is everything

You are very easily convinced, even

if he does get this phone after time etc hes shown you that hes not willing to put forth the kind of efforts to put you at ease and that is very BAD in a relationship.

I think its pretty clear hes pulling your chain I wouldn't be surprised if he was married or have a gf and is emotionally cheating to fill his gaps.

What user ThatMan is saying is so extreamly true with your youth, when you get older and look back on this you will /faceplam at how much time you wasted.

Edited by Omei
  • Like 2
  • Author
So your guy is in Australia and your friends guy is in New Zealand?

Whereabouts are you?

Middle East , that's where my friend and I are at and from

• Author

Yes he's my dream guy and that's for sure and if u know me really well you know that I'm hard headed and not easy to convince. I never thought that a lovely European guy would ever fall in love with a normal middle eastern girl like me. He has everything I would ever ask for in a guy.

When I contact him when he's online I'll ask him to go to a net caffe or a public library and see his response but he's currently asleep

• Author

About the web cam this is exactly what he said:

"Baby I'd buy a cheep webcam but it would be useless cus my old computer system will not recognize it when it's in it, I promise u babe when I buy a new phone that I've been saving for ur the first person ill see and talk to . I really want u to see me and be able to actually talk with u ."

LittleTiger
Middle East , that's where my friend and I are at and from

Could you and your friend afford a trip out to Australia and New Zealand together?

Yes he's my dream guy and that's for sure and if u know me really well you know that I'm hard headed and not easy to convince. I never thought that a lovely European guy would ever fall in love with a normal middle eastern girl like me. He has everything I would ever ask for in a guy.

When I contact him when he's online I'll ask him to go to a net caffe or a public library and see his response but he's currently asleep

Last time I checked Oz or NZ weren't in Europe

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 4
  • Author
Last time I checked Oz or NZ weren't in Europe

He's originally European but lives in Australia. No one that lives in Australia is originally Aussie google it

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

Lona.loba

You are young & somewhat naïve. You want to believe in love & this guy is saying things you want to hear but you don't have enough experience to read between the lines.

Phones are cheap. If he doesn't have enough money to get one & he's STILL saving, when he lives at home but has no other expenses, he is not a good long term prospect. You can't live on love. You need money

Men in love will love mountains. Your guy can't be bothered to go to an internet café or borrow somebody's computer to Skype with you. There is a reason for this: He's hiding something. Maybe he's catfishing you. Maybe he's married. Maybe this is all a big joke to you. But here's the thing: if he was serious about you he'd be doing anything & everything to assure you that he's genuine.

What exactly do you think it will prove for him to send you a photo of him holding a paper with your name on it unless you think that the pictures he's been sending are of another person he doesn't know?

What are your long term plans to get together? I don't see that as a realistic option.

Please just be careful. We understand you want him to be real & to be your dream guy but even you must have some doubts or you would not have started this thread.

Moderation has verified the thread starter as authentic and not one of our usual and customary 'trolls', so moderation will thank members to address the *topic* or move on to other things in their lives. Thread edited. Thanks!

He's originally European but lives in Australia. No one that lives in Australia is originally Aussie google it

Sorry, but I think the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population in would take a big exception to that. Google does too, actually.

Why is this guy living in Australia? Does he have a job?

Do *your* parents know about him? How supportive would they be of: a) An online relationship; b) A relationship with a non-Middle Easterner; c) A relationship with someone of a different faith?

Best,

TMichaels

• Like 3
  • Author
Sorry, but I think the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population in would take a big exception to that. Google does too, actually.

Why is this guy living in Australia? Does he have a job?

Do *your* parents know about him? How supportive would they be of: a) An online relationship; b) A relationship with a non-Middle Easterner; c) A relationship with someone of a different faith?

Best,

TMichaels

No they don't know about him it's my life not there's. they won't be supportive at all because if the concervative socoity . They are ok with me having a relationship with a non middle eastern in fact I refuse to date or get married to middle Easters I don't find that comfortable and I'm not attracted to them and I'm not attractive to them as well. Wht do u mean by different faith ?

So how long is it gonna take him to save up for a phone?

I can't believe you are accepting his blatant lies. this thread is really sad.

Please don't reveal any more personal info to him than you already have. He is NOT who he is says he is.

Is he attractive? What's his job situation? Does he have friends? What I'm wondering is why does he need to date a girl in another country?

Are you facebook friends?

eta Oh I see in your OP he doesn't have a FB. Yeah right. He just can't add you (prob not even giving you his real name) cause you'll see he's not who he says he is.

You are soooo naive. A hot 21 yr old guy who has to "date" a long distance teenager in the middle east. Come ON. Why can't he find local girls to date?

He's an old man taking advantage of a young desperate girl, NO young sexy 21 yr old guy doesn't have a phone, doesn't have FB, and is seeking out middle eastern teens to date.

Edited by veggirl
  • Like 3
No they don't know about him it's my life not there's.

Do you live with your parents? Do you compensate them financially for the cost of your room/board? Are you going/planning to go to college? Who will be supporting you during that time?

they won't be supportive at all because if the concervative socoity .

So given that, how exactly do you think a relationship with this guy will be possible?

They are ok with me having a relationship with a non middle eastern in fact I refuse to date or get married to middle Easters I don't find that comfortable and I'm not attracted to them and I'm not attractive to them as well.

How can your parents be ok with you having a relationship with someone who isn't Middle Eastern if they have such conservative viewpoints?

Wht do u mean by different faith ?

I thought Google was your friend...

Faith - noun

1. Belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion.

2. A system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith., the Muslim faith, etc

Best,

TMichaels

• Like 1