Been dating a 'nice guy', but there's a lack of excitement/physical attraction?

paigej91

I will concur.

It's not like they're going to let on.

Many go to great pains to project a sterling reputation.

The only proven good looking guys I know that didn't get around quite a bit either married really young or were religious.

The ones I ran with, well, if the walls could talk...

For men, it's really not about looks. It's about charisma and abilities for the most part. I mean yes you can have a cute guy who attracts women superficially, but if he can't present himself decently, he is not gonna get any action. Ugly guys are just as likely to desire casual sex, because they have low self-esteem and don't think a woman would stick around and develop true feelings. I mean, you can make up all sorts of reasons why someone people can be more into relationships than others, but in the end, it depends on the individual.

In my opinion, the more desirable men (good looks, educated, well-paid, humorous) are more relationship-oriented. It makes sense, since they know how desirable they are, they wouldn't need to waste time and effort ****ing different women.... Casual sex would be a waste of energy because there is risk of STDs, unwanted pregnancies, and drama. These guys have MUCH MORE to lose if something went wrong. They would want to find a really good compatible woman, of the same standards, and stay with her. Logically, lesser (or ugly) men, have less to lose, and are often desperate. So they would opt for casual sex because it's probably the only sex they can get.

Bottom line: The best quality men opt for relationships. The players out there are just 2nd best, no matter what they look like.

• Like 1
For men, it's really not about looks. It's about charisma and abilities for the most part. I mean yes you can have a cute guy who attracts women superficially, but if he can't present himself decently, he is not gonna get any action. Ugly guys are just as likely to desire casual sex, because they have low self-esteem and don't think a woman would stick around and develop true feelings. I mean, you can make up all sorts of reasons why someone people can be more into relationships than others, but in the end, it depends on the individual.

In my opinion, the more desirable men (good looks, educated, well-paid, humorous) are more relationship-oriented. It makes sense, since they know how desirable they are, they wouldn't need to waste time and effort ****ing different women.... Casual sex would be a waste of energy because there is risk of STDs, unwanted pregnancies, and drama. These guys have MUCH MORE to lose if something went wrong. They would want to find a really good compatible woman, of the same standards, and stay with her. Logically, lesser (or ugly) men, have less to lose, and are often desperate. So they would opt for casual sex because it's probably the only sex they can get.

Bottom line: The best quality men opt for relationships. The players out there are just 2nd best, no matter what they look like.

I agree with, based on my experience being married to a man who views himself, and me, as highly attractive. He's always felt able to get the woman he wants, so he picked who he wants.

But I'm sure there are also very attractive guys who want to play the field as long as possible.

It just goes to show that attractiveness alone does not determine how commitment ready a man will be.

The Wedding Singer (1998): Find Someone to Love - Video

Most men want someone who loves and cares about them, and who they can love and care about. They are not satisfied with casual sex with people they don't care about.

Even you, Somedude. Just think how you agonize over the loss of your girlfriend. I would hope you are not just mourning the loss of the sex, but that you actually wanted and desired her because you want someone who loves and cares about you.

This 'nice guy' label is interesting to me, because it implies you're either a 'nice guy' or you're a jerk. What's interesting is that people try to come up with a label that encompasses them, but there are so many variables, caveats, nuances etc in personality that one term can't adequately describe a person.

I'm a 'nice guy' insofar as I:

- am friendly, outgoing, helpful, sweet, empathic, respectful, generous, funny, jokey, easy going, understanding and accommodating of the needs of other, polite, honest, etc

But I'm not a 'nice guy'.

I'm not a nice guy because when it comes to women, I really just don't give a f**k. I have a low BS tolerance, I'm edgy, I can be really sarcastic and cutting. If somebody comes after me, look out. I'm not afraid of 'losing' things, so I don't compromise my principles and integrity to keep somebody around. If a woman wants to play a lot of these typical woman games, I just tell them to scram. I stand up for myself, and the door is always right there and I have no fear of using it. I make this known.

And finally, in regards to what the OP is probably missing: if I'm hanging out with a woman that I'm attracted toc, I am sweet and nice and funny and empathic, but at the same, I make sure I give them that subtle look that says, 'I will f**k you so good that you'll see God'. That's not nice, but it's still nice if you're a woman.

So many 'nice guys' are just pushovers. They want to be all these things to a woman that they THINK the woman wants. So, they're walking and come to a puddle, and the gentlemanly 'nice guy' takes off his jacket and throws it across the puddle so that the woman doesn't get her shoes wet. And after she walks on his jacket, he bends over to pick it up and she keeps walking trying to find the guy who will f**k her until she sees God. Just how it goes.

This man speaks the truth. Women are attracted to men who don't give a **** what others think and do their own thing. The minute you cater to women and enter their world, they lose attraction. Nothing dries up a woman faster than being a needy choad.

• Like 1
Ditch this boring guy, you don't want that! Find the nearest bad boy biker outlaw type that is hot and shack up with him instead. And get yourself all crazy over him even though he cheats on you and treats you like dirt. But god, he's exciting and all that jail time and bar crawling sure makes him "unavailable" and mysterious and so damn hot. Find yourself in a cycle of pain and drama and never ever stop going crazy for this guy. It works so well for so many other women.

God I'm bitter. Sorry

LMAO This is kinda like what I posted on page 1.

Break up with him. One of my biggest fears is finally having a girl to date and not actually be turned on by me