How to believe in love again?

Loveisonlyformovies

pickflicker
i just want to be good enough for him :( i hate that he sees me in such bad way.. :/ and that he thinks she's that much better than me since it only proves how awful i am :(

People are going to like you, others won't. It's not necessarily a reflection on you.

However, from your posts on here, there's probably a few things you can work on. For example, being dismissive of people's advice, insisting you are "never wrong", will not endear you to people. All anyone wants in this world is to be understood and heard. Your attitude doesn't really project that, so it could be something to work on in the future.

• Like 2
  • Author
Loveisonlyformovies

that nothing i need to work on at all since you clearly don't have the slightest clue what I'm like.

it is a reflection of me since he left as soon as he found something better, he just to think i'm a good person, and now he thinks i'm the lowest scum on the planet :/ if his girlfriend is better than me, then i really must be horrible

pickflicker
that nothing i need to work on at all since you clearly don't have the slightest clue what I'm like.

it is a reflection of me since he left as soon as he found something better, he just to think i'm a good person, and now he thinks i'm the lowest scum on the planet :/ if his girlfriend is better than me, then i really must be horrible

So what would you like to do about fixing your "horribleness"?

I can smell burning martyr. Why are you so dismissive of some very good advice here? If so , why are you here? For sympathy? You won`t get that with your insistence you are always right. It is clear you are not. Get a new therapist because the one you have sounds a bit suspect to say the least.

• Like 2
  • Author
Loveisonlyformovies

i only said that i'm right in my judgment of people i chat with.

i don't even know what to fix, what about me that is that horrible. how i could even be worse than the whore he's with.

What advice have i dismissed?

pickflicker
i only said that i'm right in my judgment of people i chat with.

i don't even know what to fix, what about me that is that horrible. how i could even be worse than the whore he's with.

What advice have i dismissed?

I don't believe anything about you is "horrible", but I did state that there are some things you need to work on.

If he's saying these things to you, doesn't it stand to reason that you misjudged his character, therefore, you were wrong about him?

• Like 2
  • Author
Loveisonlyformovies

those things aren't a problem since you don't know what I'm like IRL.

I didn't misjudge his character, I knew he would eventually think I'm not good enough but i never thought he'd downgrade That much and still think she's better than me in every way. I just hoped I'd earn his love one day but i guess i'll never be good enough :/

pickflicker

I didn't misjudge his character, I knew he would eventually think I'm not good enough but i never thought he'd downgrade That much and still think she's better than me in every way. I just hoped I'd earn his love one day but i guess i'll never be good enough :/

You're the one who said that you can tell a lot about a person by what they write. If that's true, your writing reveals an awful lot about you. Or are you an entirely different person online, than you are IRL?

• Like 2

So you started the relationship putting yourself down? Why?

Why? You said you knew you would not be good enough for him. Just want know why you think this about yourself? Trying to help here. Trying to understand why you put yourself down so much. If you have time. Dig up my original thread to Loveshack.

you make no sense -.- neither of you
  • Author
Loveisonlyformovies

apparently you can't judge people that well from their writing since you're completely wrong about me.

i didn't start it putting myself down, i thought i could become good enough one day

pickflicker

In order to find love, you have to have a fundamental understanding of what love is. The conditions that you place on someone to fulfill aren't going to do you any favours.

• Like 2
  • Author
Loveisonlyformovies

i do understand what love is very well. my conditions? it's only what i need to even be attracted to someone

I never judge people. Just asked you a question in order to try to understand what you are seeking.

apparently you can't judge people that well from their writing since you're completely wrong about me.

i didn't start it putting myself down, i thought i could become good enough one day

• Author
Loveisonlyformovies

i was wondering if i'd ever be able to find better, now things have changed and i dont need an answer to that anymore because i know it wont happen, apparently i'm a bad girlfriend and far from as good as i'd like to be as a person, so have decided to spare everyone from the same regret my ex has and so i wont get to hear the same hurtful words again.

The only thing i'm seeking now is how to either prove myself good enough to him or at least to be able to stop thinking of the cruel things the told me so i could stop crying for awhile and perhaps study (but i guess i'm not as smart as i thought for that either..)

Ok, he was cruel. That is never nice or good. So that should tell you a lot about him. Not yourself. You don`t need to prove yourself to anyone. They accept who you are or they are the ones who want to change you to fit themselves. Never good.

i was wondering if i'd ever be able to find better, now things have changed and i dont need an answer to that anymore because i know it wont happen, apparently i'm a bad girlfriend and far from as good as i'd like to be as a person, so have decided to spare everyone from the same regret my ex has and so i wont get to hear the same hurtful words again.

The only thing i'm seeking now is how to either prove myself good enough to him or at least to be able to stop thinking of the cruel things the told me so i could stop crying for awhile and perhaps study (but i guess i'm not as smart as i thought for that either..)

man_in_the_box

Tapdancing Christ on a pogo-stick GET OVER YOUR EX ALREADY. I know break-ups hurt, take time to heal and get mess people up but this is insane. Why the hell do you even care what this clown is saying about his new fling, why are you still talking/writing/texting him and why are you listing to his 'priceless' advise?

You've got some very serious issues that require working on before getting back to LTR's or, of all friggin things, having a baby. Too have one faster than your ex? That's possibly the worst reason I've ever heard to have a child.

Also get rid of that massive chip on your shoulder. You are not always right about everybody - nobody is. Combined with that self-defeatist attitude on love - I hope you have a damn well plan to protect a child from those attitudes.

• Like 5
  • Author
Loveisonlyformovies

a relationship is not worth it, this thread should get closed since i've given up hope already, i want a child for completely different reasons than that and i'm perfectly capable of raising one on my own. the sooner the better