Cannot believe what I have done. Should of listened! [updates]

Michael -- you were triggered. That is all it is. It's in no way, shape or form indicative of you stagnating, falling back or all is lost. The thing with triggers is that it comes, it sends you spiraling down but the quickness in recovering from it gets better and better as time goes on. You are fresh with NC so realistically, you're very raw and ONLY NOW feeling the withdrawals of the break-up. So, just a call from her will send you into a tizzy. But it's normal. Don't magnify it and diminish yourself. You just have to pick yourself up and get back on track.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 2
BigGirlPantiesOn

Dude, your biggest problem is your resistance to accepting the FACT that men ARE emotional beings. Seems your ego seems to think only "****ing women" are meant to be emotional.

Get over yourself. And kindly refrain from insulting us women. *smh*

• Like 1
  • Author
. If you actually saw me you wouldn't think I was as sensitive as I am. I seem to have lost my nuts in transition, I feel more like a Fuc*** woman at the moment (no disrespect to you kind ladies who have assisted me on here)

Just to clear that up for any further females thinking I was meaning any disrespect ^^

• Author
C'mon Irresolute. You know better, especially after what you're going through -- than to minimize and mock OP's feeling when you understand how these emotions can just cripple you. I believe he's still fresh into his NC journey. Some people cope differently and at their own pace.

Michael -- you were triggered. That is all it is. It's in no way, shape or form indicative of you stagnating, falling back or all is lost. The thing with triggers is that it comes, it sends you spiraling down but the quickness in recovering from it gets better and better as time goes on. You are fresh with NC so realistically, you're very raw and ONLY NOW feeling the withdrawals of the break-up. So, just a call from her will send you into a tizzy. But it's normal. Don't magnify it and diminish yourself. You just have to pick yourself up and get back on track.

@Zahara

Your another one who has followed my story from the beginning. Thank you so much.

It is highly appreciated.

Yes I suppose. One thing I do notice is the anxiety eases a lot quicker than it used to. Immediately after the trigger I wanted to send a message. I didn't. After about an hour the weird feeling in my chest goes.

I'm just analysing the thing to death now. I seriously don't want to do these things anymore, I'm just scared of resetting any progress.

I think I'm going to look for a new job. Totally right with the triggers analogy.

Every time I've had one she has been on my mind more vigorously afterwards.

@Zahara

Your another one who has followed my story from the beginning. Thank you so much.

It is highly appreciated.

Yes I suppose. One thing I do notice is the anxiety eases a lot quicker than it used to. Immediately after the trigger I wanted to send a message. I didn't. After about an hour the weird feeling in my chest goes.

I'm just analysing the thing to death now. I seriously don't want to do these things anymore, I'm just scared of resetting any progress.

I think I'm going to look for a new job. Totally right with the triggers analogy.

Every time I've had one she has been on my mind more vigorously afterwards.

I think getting a new job is good if you can. Of course, sometimes it's impossible, but I'd recommend it. When you are fresh from a breakup, even seeing your ex from a distance at work could start a process of analyzing. The more you analyze, the more relevant your ex is to your life, even if only in your head.

With the phone call, you can't help that. It's just bad luck that it happened. Just as if I were at the grocery store today and saw my ex, and he came up and spoke to me. Some things can't be helped, but, if at all possible, removing yourself from working with her will decrease the chances of having any interactions with her. So if possible, I think for your long term recovery, I would leave the job if possible. Don't make an rash decisions or do anything spontaneously. Just weigh your options, and see how you feel.

SoThatHappened

If you actually saw me you wouldn't think I was as sensitive as I am. I seem to have lost my nuts in transition, I feel more like a Fuc*** woman at the moment (no disrespect to you kind ladies who have assisted me on here) but its disgraceful as a male to be as emotional as I am right now.

From my own personal experience, all 34 years of it, men are just as emotional as women. However, I think we've been programmed and "cultured" into not allowing ourselves to show emotion or weakness.

So, when something really breaks us up, like a death or breakup, we try to hold that crap in and show the world we're tough.

I think it's worse to hold it in and be "tough" than to let it all out like most women do. We're the dumb ones when it comes to that.

Also, men are worse communicators. You can tell a buddy you're hurt, but that's about as far as it goes. There's no crying on a buddy's shoulder. Instead we hang out with them and do things that distract our minds instead of getting that sheet out.

Don't feel bad about being hurt. Just do what you can to accept it, deal with it, and move on. That's really all you can do.

Don't be frustrated with yourself, and don't shame yourself for feeling certain emotions. That is the absolute worst thing you can do. Right now, you need to support yourself because it's going to get rough.

This ^^^

Sure, guys are just around to open jars, pay covers, and build bridges ;)

It's a shocker to realize that you actually have feelings and emotions, and that you can't just "fix" this, stand tough, and move on in a heartbeat. That has p!ssed me off to no end!

Keep your head up. Keep NC. Good job on that btw.

Dude, you have been broken up with her for about a year. BUT! You started a strict NC policy just a couple of months ago. So, technically, your true break up was about two months ago; not a year.

This is the second time she's called your office (possibly knowing your office partner was out) on a unrecognized line. Okay, chalk this up. If your partners phone rings and he's not there, let it go to voicemail.

You state that you've been making all of these positive changes in your life and she still pops into your head from time to time. Well, 2 months into a strict NC, that's going to happen. But, imagine what it would be like if you weren't making those positive changes, that bitch would probably be in your head morning, noon and night. If it were me, I would take her popping into my head every once in a while versus ALL DAY LONG!!

Someone wrote on here once that it's just as hard to let them go as it is to hold onto them. But, you're trying to hold onto a person that treated you like utter crap. You need to learn to let her go. Maybe you're right, maybe you need to get a new job. A fresh start. But, don't give up and don't give in.

You're leaving for Venice in a couple of days. Go and relax. See new things and enjoy your friends. Have adventures and take the time to decompress and recharge. I really want you to come back with the ethos that there's a huge world out there and that world doesn't revolve around your Ex.

I want a full report when you come back!

• Like 2
Simon Phoenix
I just feel now as though I've not really moved forward at all.

And that's disappointing because I've been trying so hard.

The fact that it can still affect me in the way it does shows I have hardly moved forward. That's depressing.

I am determined to stay on the NC horse and just keep going. Why? Because it's all I have left. I don't wish to hurt anymore.

I may feel that a change of job could be in order. A fresh start. Away from memories, and internal phone lines :confused: and better pay!!

and Irresolute I don't mean to be rude but that's not the kind of words I need at the moment, I take your advice on board. If you re-read you will see I am trying to live my life. I don't plan trips to Venice or join badminton club or get a season ticket for my club for no reason. I am trying to keep as busy as possible and engaging with people. That's not the issue, The issue is I'm doing those things yet still cannot remove her from my thoughts and miss what we shared.

So please..

Before you comment on another thread where someone is feeling low please consider what you are writing, before you hurt someone more. I don't want this to come across rude just giving my point.

Counselling, after 7 months is pathetic. I am embarrassed by myself.

Honestly, I've been as hard on you as anyone, but you have made progress. If you read the stuff you posted at the beginning of this thread in February and what you are posting now, there's a significant difference. There's no shot clock to recovery and honestly, you need to stop focusing on when you broke up and when you stopped contact completely (not counting this recent mistake slip-up). Everytime you broke it before, you reset your breakup clock to zero. You delayed the breakup by hanging on for dear life.

But the great thing is, you stopped doing that. As for thinking about her every day, that's perfectly normal. Instead of getting angry about it, embrace it. Let the thoughts happen, then move on with the rest of your day. In time, they'll get less and less, and eventually, your thoughts of her will be "wow, I haven't thought of [ex] today."

Your doing OK. This process is hard enough without you instilling some BS pressure on top of it.

• Like 2
Itspointless
The fact that it can still affect me in the way it does shows I have hardly moved forward. That's depressing.

No, you are utterly wrong here. Ofcourse it affects you, it makes you human. I am eight months further and four months in no contact. She still affects me every day, although less and less. I imagine hearing her on the phone would be horror. You don not need to be so hard on yourself as you are doing great, it is perfectly normal to be affected by this.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So, I am back from Venice!

Today is my first official day back at work since returning.

I must say a massive thank you to all of you guys on here who gave me the courage to go out there and do it! It was absolutely beautiful. I have never seen anything like it in my entire life.

Oh and by the way ITALIAN WOMEN are absolutely phenomenal!! :love::love::eek:

For those of you that seem to think your ex girlfriend is the most stunning thing ever, please please take a trip to Venice to experience what I am talking about here! Unbelievable. I have never seen so much beauty in all of one place.

The place is just so friendly. I have made friends with 2 Canadian guys & 1 Portuguese woman. (1 currently loves in Hong Kong and the other in Switzerland) It was when I was discussing our life that something really jumped out to me.

I asked how the Portuguese woman and this Canadian man met (Jeff and Eleanor was their names, lovely folks) and they explained that it was whilst they were both on their travels working in Singapore. This is what stood out to me! It made me realise that I've had one bad experience in one small town in the world, I'm 21 years old!? Things are so much bigger than this! As I were speaking to these people drinking a can of VIKTOR :sick: it made me remember about what Chi said a little way back in this thread, Chi if you read this one thank you man seriously you gave me a load of inspiration to get up and actually do this and for that I owe you one thank you.

New York was my favourite getaway up until this point however Venice is right on an even stoop. I had seen St Marks Square and the Basilica, Rialto, and drank Vino along the Grand Canal. Absolutely unbelievable experience and it will stay in my memory forever. Anyone can go and get Fuc*** up in Magaluf or Ibiza for the week. I'm not planning on doing that any time soon. There is so much more to life than that. However, dont get me wrong I loved having a few Vino's out there

I intend to now continue to travel and get out to see the world with Rome and South of France up. France is more probable as I don't plan to go to Italy twice in a row.

I am trying.. I don't want to lose this battle.

I will not give up and I shall continue to fight. I want to be happy again.

The only thing I am currently battling with is my inner thoughts. I'm hoping these will die down with more time.

That's my update. Any more questions about Venice people have give me a shout :D

Mike

• Like 6

HAHA! Dude! That's awesome!

You sound more relaxed and re-energized! And you did that trip right! It's one thing to GO to Venice, but you EXPERIENCED Venice! Two totally different trips.

I mean, having a drink along the Canal. That's crap you only see in the movies and you did that! You're right those are memories that you will always have! I'm so glad that you had a great time! I was dreading that you would come back on here and say that you were miserable the whole time. Thank God this wasn't the case. And it's nice that you had that revelation on that trip as well! That's going to help with your healing. If you took pics, then post them! Let people know you had a fantastic time!

And it's totally awesome that you're looking forward to your next trip! But, remember you've been broken up for a year but only been in true NC for just a couple of months. Being home might trigger some memories, to be mindful of that. Oh and did you meet any of those Italian Beauties over there? You better have! All you had to do is turn on that English charm and you would have had a personal tour guide for that trip!

Edited by Chi townD
  • Author
HAHA! Dude! That's awesome!

You sound more relaxed and re-energized! And you did that trip right! It's one thing to GO to Venice, but you EXPERIENCED Venice! Two totally different trips.

I mean, having a drink along the Canal. That's crap you only see in the movies and you did that! You're right those are memories that you will always have! I'm so glad that you had a great time! I was dreading that you would come back on here and say that you were miserable the whole time. Thank God this wasn't the case. And it's nice that you had that revelation on that trip as well! That's going to help with your healing. If you took pics, then post them! Let people know you had a fantastic time!

And it's totally awesome that you're looking forward to your next trip! But, remember you've been broken up for a year but only been in true NC for just a couple of months. Being home might trigger some memories, to be mindful of that. Oh and did you meet any of those Italian Beauties over there? You better have! All you had to do is turn on that English charm and you would have had a personal tour guide for that trip!

Yeah man, It was beautiful mate I would recommend it to anyone. Experienced it I did! Hell, I even walked into the Audemars shop on St Marks Sq and tried a watch on for £380,000. Lovely.:lmao:

Exactly the memories will be there forever, it wasn't just any trip we experienced one of the most cultured cities in the world. Just the layout and design of the place is overwhelming.

If I'm totally honest the thoughts of her whilst over there were 0-minimal seriously. Yeah there were a couple of times where I thought 'it would be nice to have brought her here' but nothing that upset me to be honest. I was more just taking in the experience and letting it sink in what I was actually doing.

That is one thing I did want to mention though, Since being back I feel quite anxious and down about things, miss her. Probably more so than before I left. I'm really not sure why this is but I want it to stop like NOW.

I have to be constantly occupied now and doing something, unless my mind starts to wander and I feel very down.

I'll be totally straight with you I have never ever seen so many beautiful women in all of my life. My ideal fantasy was to go to Brazil beaches and meet the girls from over there, I'm guessing you can picture the type I'm referring too but my god Venice is going to take some beating! Any males on here who have been reading my story please testify to this lol :love:

Its weird though because its not like that over there, its like everyone is too busy trying to take it all in you know?

There were a few instances where I thought YES we may be in here. Only to realise they don't speak a word of the queens :(:lmao: (english)

So, I am back from Venice!

Today is my first official day back at work since returning.

I must say a massive thank you to all of you guys on here who gave me the courage to go out there and do it! It was absolutely beautiful. I have never seen anything like it in my entire life.

Oh and by the way ITALIAN WOMEN are absolutely phenomenal!! :love::love::eek:

For those of you that seem to think your ex girlfriend is the most stunning thing ever, please please take a trip to Venice to experience what I am talking about here! Unbelievable. I have never seen so much beauty in all of one place.

The place is just so friendly. I have made friends with 2 Canadian guys & 1 Portuguese woman. (1 currently loves in Hong Kong and the other in Switzerland) It was when I was discussing our life that something really jumped out to me.

I asked how the Portuguese woman and this Canadian man met (Jeff and Eleanor was their names, lovely folks) and they explained that it was whilst they were both on their travels working in Singapore. This is what stood out to me! It made me realise that I've had one bad experience in one small town in the world, I'm 21 years old!? Things are so much bigger than this! As I were speaking to these people drinking a can of VIKTOR :sick: it made me remember about what Chi said a little way back in this thread, Chi if you read this one thank you man seriously you gave me a load of inspiration to get up and actually do this and for that I owe you one thank you.

New York was my favourite getaway up until this point however Venice is right on an even stoop. I had seen St Marks Square and the Basilica, Rialto, and drank Vino along the Grand Canal. Absolutely unbelievable experience and it will stay in my memory forever. Anyone can go and get Fuc*** up in Magaluf or Ibiza for the week. I'm not planning on doing that any time soon. There is so much more to life than that. However, dont get me wrong I loved having a few Vino's out there

I intend to now continue to travel and get out to see the world with Rome and South of France up. France is more probable as I don't plan to go to Italy twice in a row.

I am trying.. I don't want to lose this battle.

I will not give up and I shall continue to fight. I want to be happy again.

The only thing I am currently battling with is my inner thoughts. I'm hoping these will die down with more time.

That's my update. Any more questions about Venice people have give me a shout :D

Mike

I love Venice - did you take a ride in the Gondola boat? they are pricey but very cool :)

I do agree with you .. Italians girls are pretty hot!! :laugh::lmao::p

and I am glad to read you are feeling better and enjoying your vacation!

go to Rome is stunning! :bunny:

• Like 1

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time!

Sono una ragazza Italiana. Ho studiato l'Italiano a scuola per sei anni! :p

• Like 1
  • Author
I am so glad you had such a wonderful time!

Sono una ragazza Italiana. Ho studiato l'Italiano a scuola per sei anni! :p

@shoegal4

It was absolutely amazing!!

Aww no way really!? I would love to get to know it more in depth.

I am currently working on an online course to brush up for when I go to Rome! :p

Io non sono così bravo in questo momento. Sperando sarò meglio in 6 mesi di tempo! :laugh:;)

• Like 2
  • Author
I love Venice - did you take a ride in the Gondola boat? they are pricey but very cool :)

I do agree with you .. Italians girls are pretty hot!! :laugh::lmao::p

and I am glad to read you are feeling better and enjoying your vacation!

go to Rome is stunning! :bunny:

Marta 80 Euros for a 40 min ride. There were 3 of us so wouldnt of been too bad however I didn't take lots of spending money and was trying to restrict myself as I didn't know alot about prices of things.

Vaporetta was still cool though!

I will indeed.

My friend has proposed the northern lights this morning though :eek:

Dude, I told ya that travel can be very therapeutic. And I kind of new that you would feel a little bad coming back. Because you're back to familiar places and places that would remind you of her. That's normal. But, the more you do it, the more it starts to go away.

I've been to Brazil and even though there are some pretty spots there. It not as beautiful as it's cracked up to be. Plus, you really can't explore too much. You're pretty much restricted to the tourist area's. There are a lot of ......unsavory parts of Brazil and if you don't know where those places are, you might as well paint a target on your back.

If you go to Rome, make sure you look through the keyhole.

The Northern Lights? As in the Aurora Borealis? You can see those in Norway. I did.

Sounds like your friends got bit by the travel bug as well!

Marta 80 Euros for a 40 min ride. There were 3 of us so wouldnt of been too bad however I didn't take lots of spending money and was trying to restrict myself as I didn't know alot about prices of things.

Vaporetta was still cool though!

I will indeed.

My friend has proposed the northern lights this morning though :eek:

yeah we spent 60 eur that time ( i negotiated the price lol ) ... the whole city is very pricey though.. :(

if you go to Rome be very careful when you go to bars in the city center cause they take advantages of tourist.. especially if you are not familiar with the currency.

i have read stories about people that got charged 42 eur for 3 ice-creams!

if you have problem with the Romans drop me a line I will help you out to deal with them! ;)

• 1 month later...
  • Author

Congratulations To Our Winners

Wednesday 1st October 2014 3:54 PM

Well done to Michael Tapper who was nominated and chosen as Employee of the Quarter in the last round. Michael was commended on the professionalism, commitment and hard work he has shown in his role in Business Development. He has built strong working relationships the the Job Centre alongside Danny McLeod.

Thanks to all that took the time to nominate colleagues - remember you can nominate at any time using the link in the HR section of the intranet. Who will take the title next time?

Hi All,

Just a quick one to say this has literally been the best week of the year so far.

Ask anyone of the folks on here I have quite literally battled with this so hard and have been so low at points over my break up with my ex.

This is kind of a motivational post to say things will get better, work hard and try your best to improve as a person and you will reap the rewards. Right now you may feel as though things cannot get better but I promise you they will :)

Just as I was in the process of applying for more jobs and positions because of my ex (see last thread)....

The quote above was taken from my staff intranet (which, if I knew how I would of put a screenshot) I'm not sure whether any of you remember but I did say on my thread that this was one of the main goals for me, gaining employee of the quarter!! And I am so proud of myself for it. All week there has been publicity around my ex for meeting the prince and I didn't let it get me down but continued to work hard and this is what I come into yesterday!! I think I'm the youngest person to ever win this at my company) :cool:

I have changed a lot over the past few weeks (appearance changes, style, suit etc) And I have noticed that I have been gaining a lot more compliments from other female members of staff, More flirty emails, inboxes etc. I feel as though I've really got my mojo back. Even better, I'm going to an event sponsored by the local paper tomorrow so will be all over that aswell !!

I feel more confident, I am still training and working hard in the gym, things are going good within my friends circle and we are planning more and more trips. I haven't been this happy in such a long time.

I feel really happy right now and would of hated to not share it with you guys. This is just to show you things do get better just work hard and keep believing. I am strong believer that we all have a good heart on this site, I have seen that myself. Just believe you do deserve better.

Thank you all hope you are all ok..

Mike

• Like 4
Simon Phoenix

That's pretty awesome. Not sure I would have put my actual name out on this site (I'm paranoid about stuff like that) but congrats on the achievement. Keep it up.

• Like 2
Congratulations To Our Winners

Wednesday 1st October 2014 3:54 PM

Well done to Michael Tapper who was nominated and chosen as Employee of the Quarter in the last round. Michael was commended on the professionalism, commitment and hard work he has shown in his role in Business Development. He has built strong working relationships the the Job Centre alongside Danny McLeod.

Thanks to all that took the time to nominate colleagues - remember you can nominate at any time using the link in the HR section of the intranet. Who will take the title next time?

Hi All,

Just a quick one to say this has literally been the best week of the year so far.

Ask anyone of the folks on here I have quite literally battled with this so hard and have been so low at points over my break up with my ex.

This is kind of a motivational post to say things will get better, work hard and try your best to improve as a person and you will reap the rewards. Right now you may feel as though things cannot get better but I promise you they will :)

Just as I was in the process of applying for more jobs and positions because of my ex (see last thread)....

The quote above was taken from my staff intranet (which, if I knew how I would of put a screenshot) I'm not sure whether any of you remember but I did say on my thread that this was one of the main goals for me, gaining employee of the quarter!! And I am so proud of myself for it. All week there has been publicity around my ex for meeting the prince and I didn't let it get me down but continued to work hard and this is what I come into yesterday!! I think I'm the youngest person to ever win this at my company) :cool:

I have changed a lot over the past few weeks (appearance changes, style, suit etc) And I have noticed that I have been gaining a lot more compliments from other female members of staff, More flirty emails, inboxes etc. I feel as though I've really got my mojo back. Even better, I'm going to an event sponsored by the local paper tomorrow so will be all over that aswell !!

I feel more confident, I am still training and working hard in the gym, things are going good within my friends circle and we are planning more and more trips. I haven't been this happy in such a long time.

I feel really happy right now and would of hated to not share it with you guys. This is just to show you things do get better just work hard and keep believing. I am strong believer that we all have a good heart on this site, I have seen that myself. Just believe you do deserve better.

Thank you all hope you are all ok..

Mike

Damn! I always love to hear how well your life has turned around. You are definitely NOTHING like the dude that first posted here last year. That dude was kind of pathetic and was hell bent to have "doormat" tattooed across his forehead.

Congrats dude! Hard work does pay off! And I love that you were able to blow off hearing about your Ex meeting a Prince. What's the big deal with that?!?! What Prince? Which one? Was it the one that was over here running around Las Vegas in the nude? I mean, lets think about it. Her meeting a prince and 2 pounds will still only buy her a cup a coffee and that's it. But, you getting employee of the quarter; when it comes time for raises and promotions, upper management is going to remember your name! I think you got the better deal on this one.

I love to hear that your friends are excited about traveling around as well. Love to hear how the plans are going for the next trip! And isn't it cool that when your confidence and your feelings of self worth go up, girls notice it? They don't want to hang around a guy that is depressed and moping around pining after a girl that dumped us. They seem to be attracted to a confident guy that looks like he's got his sh*t together and seems to be fun and exciting! AND NOW YOU'RE SEEING THAT!

Dude, when I have a little more time, I'm gonna read this entire thread and see the changes that you've made throughout the year. I need a little motivation myself.

• Like 1
  • Author
That's pretty awesome. Not sure I would have put my actual name out on this site (I'm paranoid about stuff like that) but congrats on the achievement. Keep it up.

Damn man, I did think that afterwards :confused::confused:

After thinking about it I don't really mind..I am quite paranoid but I like to see this community as good people :laugh:

• Author

Yeah man, feel free although I have just realised that its like 19 pages now :eek:...

You know what its almost Christmas man... This has quite possibly been the fastest year of my life so far. It's such a shame.

I hope this Christmas goes ok. I'm so used to spending them with my Ex that I need to ensure positive changes keep coming. This is my first Christmas in 2 years without her so that will be another challenge I have to overcome.

Thank you for your kind words Chi I really do appreciate it. Without your support I wouldn't of made it this far.

It was like the lowest of the princes man. His name is Andrew. I suppose just being all over the paper was enough lol but I continued and feel as though its really paid off.

Another question I do have for you though. Bit of a stickler really.

We have a staff away day coming up in 2 weeks today. It is where the company reward us for hard work. It is taking place at a theme park actually. We have hired a room for a morning and will complete like a staff appraisal and stuff like that and everyone will sit down and see company goals, objectives, commendments etc, then the park in the afternoon. WE all meet at one office and get a coach together. Unless she drives herself (which is possible) Then it is inevitable I am going to run into her. How do you think I should be? I really don't want to even acknowledge she is there to be honest but I want to do the right thing here, what are peoples thoughts?

Also just to keep you updated I still haven't been given my staff plaque and certificate, after speaking with one of the management here I believe they may be awarding me with these at the staff away day morning so I'm really quite looking forward to that ;)...

Thanks to everyone for there kind words and support without all of you guys I would of seriously struggled. I continue to swear by this site and shall continue to post my achievements (just tell me if your fed up of me!)

Mike