Want to get over my obsession with dating only tall guys...

Hey, I am short, 5'2 in height but I have always liked tall guys.

Never dated anyone shorter than 6'1. My ex who also happens to be my first and only love so far is a little over 6'2.

Whenever a guy approaches me, first thing I look for is if he is tall and if he isn't, I wouldn't even consider giving it a shot or even getting to know him better on that level.

People tell me this is because I am looking for someone who will remind me of my ex but this is not true. Even the guys I dated before him were tall. I just love to see a tall man and find it very attractive.

I want to get over this obsession as I know that there are some pretty cool men out there who aren't so tall but would give me everything I want in a relationship and possible marriage and family.

I don't know how to just get it straight in my head that it is not all about the height. What do I do?

Edited by ThatGirl213
What do I do?

Just do it.

How about if a guy is funny or good looking or seems really cool, don't pay attention to his height.

• Like 1
Hey, I am short, 5'2 in height but I have always liked tall guys.

Never dated anyone shorter than 6'1. My ex who also happens to be my first and only love so far is a little over 6'2.

Whenever a guy approaches me, first thing I look for is if he is tall and if he isn't, I wouldn't even consider giving it a shot or even getting to know him better on that level.

People tell me this is because I am looking for someone who will remind me of my ex but this is not true. Even the guys I dated before him were tall. I just love to see a tall man and find it very attractive.

I want to get over this obsession as I know that there are some pretty cool men out there who aren't so tall but would give me everything I want in a relationship and possible marriage and family.

I don't know how to just get it straight in my head that it is not all about the height. What do I do?

Why? You're allowed to have a type.

I'm attracted to the intense, creative type that loves music. Can't help it. Every new guy I talk about with my bestie, she laughs and says that's always something they have in common. If it bothers you, sure, do something about it, but if you have a type and you like it, don't settle.

• Like 4

When I was younger I only felt attracted to tall guys. As I got older I started to fall for people who genuinely were interesting and made me happy. It happened that I am in love with a guy who is just slightly taller than me now,and I am completely crazy about him and I wouldn't want him to be any other way.

I think you might look for tall guys because the guy you first loved was tall.

When a guy broke up with me, I would always look for guys who were similar in type afterward, at least for a good while.

But types change and even if this will be your type for the end of time, it's not a bad thing.

• Like 2
  • Author
I'm 6'3" and dating a girl that is 5'2" would feel liking dating a midget. I'm sorry but that's just too much of a height difference for me. I'm sure many tall guys would feel that way too and that's probably why many of them look you over (no pun intended). Try looking a guy that's maybe 3 or 4 inches taller than you like 5'6" or 5'7". You might have a better shot.

I understand where you are coming from but there are equal number of tall and short guys who have approached me. I should probably just give it a shot with the ones on the shorter side to see if tall guys are my type for the end of time.

• Like 1
I'm 6'3" and dating a girl that is 5'2" would feel liking dating a midget. I'm sorry but that's just too much of a height difference for me. I'm sure many tall guys would feel that way too and that's probably why many of them look you over (no pun intended). Try looking a guy that's maybe 3 or 4 inches taller than you like 5'6" or 5'7". You might have a better shot.

I believe it's called the "small woman syndrome", it's either that or obsession with high heels. You hit the nail right on the head though...I mean if you are 5ft 2" even a 5" 4" person is a giant to you

Question is: Does it matter if they are an ahole, no job, abuser, alcoholic but tall?

isisisweeping

A lot of tall guys prefer shorter girls though.

I'm 5'4 and my long term relationships have been 6'1 to 6'5 and I don't even have a preference for taller guys.

OP - just give shorter guys a chance unless you really don't feel attraction to them. (No one deserves to be a "test run" to feel better about yourself)

• Like 1
  • Author
I believe it's called the "small woman syndrome", it's either that or obsession with high heels. You hit the nail right on the head though...I mean if you are 5ft 2" even a 5" 4" person is a giant to you

Question is: Does it matter if they are an ahole, no job, abuser, alcoholic but tall?

That's a silly question...

I find tall guys make me feel more protected. Like they are big enough to take care of me. I also find tall men physically very attractive. That's my type, I guess

• Like 2
  • Author
A lot of tall guys prefer shorter girls though.

I'm 5'4 and my long term relationships have been 6'1 to 6'5 and I don't even have a preference for taller guys.

OP - just give shorter guys a chance unless you really don't feel attraction to them. (No one deserves to be a "test run" to feel better about yourself)

Yh...I have had several tall guys tell me they like short and petite girls.

Honestly, I can't stand short girls that only want to date tall guys.

I'm 5'6 so I'm short. If the average height and tell girls don't want to date short guys. And the short girls don't want to date short guys either, who does that leave?

I regard excluding a man based on height to be the most shallow reason there is.

I'm 5'6 so I'm short. If the average height and tell girls don't want to date short guys. And the short girls don't want to date short guys either, who does that leave?

I regard excluding a man based on height to be the most shallow reason there is.

Excluding, yes, that is shallow. But we all have what we're attracted to, and she's not shallow for being drawn to tall guys. I have said the same (being 5'9", I naturally go for the tall guy first).

So long as she's open to the possibility that the perfect man for me may not come in a tall package, that's fine. But trying to 'get over' what you're attracted to - whatever for?

• Like 1
That's a silly question...

I find tall guys make me feel more protected. Like they are big enough to take care of me. I also find tall men physically very attractive. That's my type, I guess

I'll expect you to say that, to better make your case. If you need a tall guy "to make you feel safe", then there are other issues there, yet to be disclosed on here

You are entitled to what you want...so why bother posting the question here?

• Like 2

But you only want to date girls shorter girls with big boobs, and who aren't 'ugly', double standards perhaps?!

Although in fairness maybe you wouldn't actually exclude women who don't fit that description.

I'll shut up about the boob thing now :p

• Like 12

Well, you are definitely entitled to your preferences, but it does seem somewhat worrisome that the FIRST thing you think about whenever you see a man is whether or not he is tall enough.

I'll say to you what I've said to 'shallow' men - try to think of the other sex as human beings first. Get to know men as people, get to know their personalities and intellect and passions. Try not to think about height first. Then, as you get to know them, reevaluate. Obviously if you still feel no attraction at that point then there is no purpose in forcing yourself, but if you consciously try to connect with them as people then it might help you prioritize better.

• Like 7

Nah, this isn't necessarily true, I'm 5'1" and have been with a 6' guy. I wasn't with him for his height, and my current guy, whom I am happier with, is 5'7". But it certainly isn't true that many tall guys feel the same way as you do. Most that I have spoken to don't mind shorter girls.

• Like 3
Excluding, yes, that is shallow. But we all have what we're attracted to, and she's not shallow for being drawn to tall guys. I have said the same (being 5'9", I naturally go for the tall guy first).

So long as she's open to the possibility that the perfect man for me may not come in a tall package, that's fine. But trying to 'get over' what you're attracted to - whatever for?

I completely agree with the bold.

Yes we are all attracted to our own things, but refusing to date anybody who doesn't have those, is shallow, like you said.

But you only want to date girls shorter girls with big boobs, and who aren't 'ugly', double standards perhaps?!

Although in fairness maybe you wouldn't actually exclude women who don't fit that description.

I'll shut up about the boob thing now :p

HeavenOrHell, you're doing it again.

My thread states "I love short to average height women with big boobs!"

Nothing is more sexy than a 5'1 to 5'7 woman with D's or bigger :love:

Those of you out there with those features are very much appreciated.

Does it say anything about me only wanting to date them?

Yes I am drawn to women who are shorter and busty but I don't refuse to date women who are taller than me and have modest breasts. That would make me shallow.

Though it's not likely, I could end up dating a 5'10 women with B cups. I'm not at all against that.

• Like 1
I completely agree with the bold.

Yes we are all attracted to our own things, but refusing to date anybody who doesn't have those, is shallow, like you said.

Does that mean that you'll date a thirty-year-old woman, who doesn't have a perfect body? How about thirty-two - your age?

I'm not dumping on you, I'm curious.

trying to 'get over' what you're attracted to - whatever for?

The problem with that......is that MANY women give a tall guy bonus points just for being tall without even realizing it. Its a subconscious thing. Some guy that is only 2 inches taller than Tracy may be a better fit and have more in common with her.....but Tracy doesnt even give the guy a chance, because shes transfixed on Jim that is a foot taller than her.

Having a "physical type" that you are attracted to shouldnt be the key to it all.

In my experiance with men I know or have known......I have never heard any of them mention that they "only" like this or that type of woman.

MOST men have a wide variety of tastes....and usually are attracted to many different women as paths are crossed.

But when I look back at my experiences hearing other women talk, or post on here.....I find that there seems to be an overwhelming amount of women that have a very very narrowed down preference as to the "type" of guys they will consider dating, or talking to with a chance at dating for that matter.

I truly believe many women are their own worst enemy when it comes to dating. Because they dismiss huge chunks of the male population without giving them a chance, and usually without any solid reasons, other than "thinking" only that type of guy will make them happy.

• Like 7
Nah, this isn't necessarily true, I'm 5'1" and have been with a 6' guy. I wasn't with him for his height, and my current guy, whom I am happier with, is 5'7". But it certainly isn't true that many tall guys feel the same way as you do. Most that I have spoken to don't mind shorter girls.

It seems to be split, some like taller women, others like me find shorter women awesome. Towering over a women is really hot. But in that regard when you tower over any women it's different :p

• Like 4

I would further this by saying that height is even much of a consideration for most guys when it comes to attraction. Weight, sure. But height - not at all - that's a woman thing.

OP - if you really are looking for marriage and kids, then selecting men by more important qualities (like their ability to be a good husband and father for example) will probably be beneficial.

And that being said, if something superficial like height is your primary determinant when choosing a man to date, maybe marriage and kids is not really for you. It isn't for everyone and we're lucky enough to live in a time where all lifestyles are accepted (more or less).

• Like 2
Does that mean that you'll date a thirty-year-old woman, who doesn't have a perfect body? How about thirty-two - your age?

I'm not dumping on you, I'm curious.

Age is a completely different issue.

Though I would probably be fine dating a woman up to 35. But she can't have any kids. That's not up for negotiation.

Her body is fine if she isn't perfect, but she can't be too overweight and must have a level of fitness that is similar to my own. Basically, she can't be heavier than I am.

I can't say any more about this because it's starting to go off-topic.

Towering over a women is really hot.

The arrogance and egotistical mindset of that thought process is just beyond my comprehension.

And I'm sure the short girls that love tall guys agree with you 100%. She wants/needs a guy to be in charge of her and keep her under his thumb.....and guys like you need to feel dominant over a woman to feed your ego and insecurities.