girls ... how impressive is the "V" line for you?

USMCHokie -- Marines spend a helluva lot more than 1 hour per day exercising. I know I'm married to a Marine vet & no I wouldn't have dated him while he was active duty.

But you don't need to be a marine who works out more often to have that "V"...just as Imported said, diet is the key...I've seen skinny dudes that have never set foot in a gym with the V just as I've seen fitness fanatics without one...

• Like 1

Yes this is true. Not to blow my own trumpet here and come across as some vanity minded boy about town. I had this figure (Once) and i smoked and never worked out. But as i reach the harrowing age of 32, (Next week), i do have to exercise a smidgen now. But my luckily my daughter is a sports fanatic and i am drawn into all kinds of painful contact sports. But to the main point i hav never met a woman who was with me because of my body and vice versa.

Imported, nice quote!

But you don't need to be a marine who works out more often to have that "V"...just as Imported said, diet is the key...I've seen skinny dudes that have never set foot in a gym with the V just as I've seen fitness fanatics without one...
BOREDouttaMymind

its funny how most girls say its not important but its hard to believe that if they were at the beach with their butt white round bellied boyfriend, and n in shape dude with a V walks past them... its very probable the thought of "oh damn" goes through their mind.

its funny how most girls say its not important but its hard to believe that if they were at the beach with their butt white round bellied boyfriend, and n in shape dude with a V walks past them... its very probable the thought of "oh damn" goes through their mind.

I don't want a round bellied boyfriend either. A man should look fit and not fat but he doesn't need a 'V'

If I were with a podgy guy I'd definitely go 'oh damn' yes.

• Like 1
Every man I ever met who had "the V" spent 4 hours+ per day at the gym.

We must have very different definitions of 'V'. My guy has a visible V and has never had a gym membership; he has it solely from doing martial arts and sports. And definitely not 4 hours a day.

I would still be attracted to him without one, but all this "Every guy with a V must be a gym fanatic with no life outside of it!" myth really has to go.

• Like 1

all this "Every guy with a V must be a gym fanatic with no life outside of it!" myth really has to go.

It use to bother me a little when I hear people comment like that, but now I mostly think it is said by people trying to rationalize their own opinion or maybe even their lack of ability and/or success. An excuse. Sour grapes.

Ignorance mainly.

Mind you, magazines like Men's Health doesnt help. I used to buy it from time to time but the whole thing is dedicated purely to fat burning and ripped abs, not actual health. That doesn't give generally fit guys with low body % a good press.

Edited by Emilia
  • Like 1
todreaminblue

i like men....i like pods on men...bumps......i dont expect perfection or air brushed tonal lines...a man can have a pod and be awesome.......i like to kiss pods......pods can be sexy its all in the slopes...like tongue slippery dips......tongue skiing

thefooloftheyear
i like men....i like pods on men...bumps......i dont expect perfection or air brushed tonal lines...a man can have a pod and be awesome.......i like to kiss pods......pods can be sexy its all in the slopes...like tongue slippery dips......tongue skiing

What u talkin' bout, Willis?.......:laugh:

TFY

Ignorance mainly.

Mind you, magazines like Men's Health doesnt help. I used to buy it from time to time but the whole thing is dedicated purely to fat burning and ripped abs, not actual health. That doesn't give generally fit guys with low body % a good press.

Yup, I agree. I find that it is harmful in general to allow media to dictate how one should look like; most of the time it is not only unrealistic but also unnecessary. Not all men need to look like The Rock to be attractive to women, and similarly not all women need to look like Megan Fox to be attractive to men.

On the other hand, some people seem to go to the other extreme. Categorizing all men with some body tone as 'vain, self-obsessed gym fanatics who cannot possibly have the time to cultivate a relationship' and all skinny women as 'anorexic'. IMO those stereotypes are equally harmful.

Back in the single days; if I was dating a girl who needed dick pointers I would just use a Sharpie.. or my finger.. :laugh:

When I clicked on the thread I thought it was about the V-line of a man's well developed back as far as the V-line of the front crotch area... never heard a female ever comment on it.. ever...

Smthn_Like_Olivia

Is it important? Not at all. Is it sexy? You damn right.

I'm on the same page as someone else that said earlier, its even more attractive when you don't know its there.

• Like 1

Not all men need to look like The Rock to be attractive to women,

Absolutely not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think he is ugly, jesus Els, don't give them ideas :laugh:

• Like 1
Every man I ever met who had "the V" spent 4 hours+ per day at the gym.

Spending more then 1 hour a day weight lifting inhibits HGH and testosterone production. Men spending 4 hours in the gym are wasting time unless they are on steroids. I spend 5-10 hours a week exercising and maintain 7-10% body fat giving me sex lines year round.

Absolutely not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think he is ugly, jesus Els, don't give them ideas :laugh:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Snap, I can't stand the look of him either! Really not sure who initially came up with the idea of humongous bulky men with giant bulging muscles as being 'universally attractive', but they were dead wrong.

• Like 1

I've always had one but I think it's more from genetics. I didn't ever realize I had it until my first gf in college mentioned how much she liked it. Then I noticed it for the first time. Since then, a lot of girls I've dated have mentioned liking it. I thought it was weird at first haha because I never thought anything of it for most of my life. I'm not ripped, or overweight. Just an average dude (in shape though).

• Like 1

"Girls"...yeah I'll agree with you there, perhaps teens or person who has yet to broaden the horizons could say it was important.

Luckily I do not "guy" watch at the beach or anywhere for that matter to check out the bods. I think its demeaning to a person to objectify them....

I find the human body fascinating from a medical stance, not from a muscle stance...I "V"eto the V look :)

Not gonna lie. I dig the V. But if a guy doesn't have one, it's not really a big deal. In fact, I probably won't even notice it.

But OMG is it sexy!!

• Like 2