How strong is intuition? Dreams about infidelity?

hayleym

In what way am I hiding from the debate?

What are we debating exactly?

There have been a plethora of posts without a response. You appeared to have left the building.

I think there is a lot to debate here.

As for the prior post (about right and wrong), do you think what you're doing is right?

My personal question would also be, do you think it is sustainable?

• Author
There have been a plethora of posts without a response. You appeared to have left the building.

I think there is a lot to debate here.

As for the prior post (about right and wrong), do you think what you're doing is right?

My personal question would also be, do you think it is sustainable?

I have for sure left the site many times, I do work and have a family, I'm not intentionally ignoring any posts.

No I don't think an emotional affair is sustainable forever. I think a physical affair could be. This is far beyond that obviously already.

I do not think this is sustainable indefinitely.

I have for sure left the site many times, I do work and have a family, I'm not intentionally ignoring any posts.

No I don't think an emotional affair is sustainable forever. I think a physical affair could be. This is far beyond that obviously already.

So, if I may ask, what is the end game? If it's not sustainable indefinitely, is it temporary and then you never cheat again? Or do you take it up from time to time, perhaps with a different AP?

If you'll never confess, do you think you can stay married and take it to the grave?

With the moral/ethical questions, I'm just curious about the logical route that leads to some kind of long-term happiness for you or your marriage.

• Like 1

I'm new here, but I have read your thread. You say you aren't ashamed about the betrayal you're fully involved in. I find that disturbing to say the least. I'm sure in many ways you are a fine person, but your attitude leaves me cold. Maybe it's because I'm not a young man anymore and my morals are stuck in times past. I can't understand how someone as obviously intelligent and glib as you are can be so blind to the terrible possibilities that exist in this situation. Reminds me of that old song, "Torn Between Two Lovers," except one of the lovers in this case is your own trusting and unsuspecting hubby. You have to do what's right in your own mind of course, but, God, I hope you can keep your man ignorant about what you've been doing, and not allow your pursuit of pleasure to run a shaft though his heart. I'm afraid the knowledge would destroy him, something I'm sure you wouldn't want to happen. I sincerely wish you and him the best in what could very well turn out to be a dark and devastating future.

miguelcervantes

I guess the common thought is that there are three things that define humanity over and above all other traits - love, respect and shame. Other animals do not feel all three of these. As far as I can see you have not exhibited these in what you do: you can say that you love all of them (but I seriously doubt that). There is no way that you are going to pull off "I respect all three" and certainly do not (by your own words) experience any shame for what you have done where the majority of people (which is how we define normal behaviours) would.

Now someone who can function quite well in society without demonstrating these very human traits is probably a good candidate for being called evil. Hence you are evil. I know other evil people and they continue to function, nay, thrive in society today. However, I do believe that every now and then a karma bus hits them and I have seen this happen - not nice to watch but often very much deserved. I am not trying to bait you - just trying to understand what you really want from this forum other than some sort of twisted pleasure (remember the evil bit) from rubbing the noses of everyone here who has been through the pain of infidelity in your very unloving, disrespectful and shameless behaviour.

So other than that is there anything else you hope to achieve here ?

Your BH deserves to not have to share his wife.

Your BH deserves the truth.

Time to get moving.

• Like 3
But intuition could spark a dream?

You can also 'make' yourself dream about such situations or use dreams to explore anything that is bothering you. Before you go to sleep, you can write down what you want to dream about, tell yourself this and then as soon as you wake up, note down what you remember.

It sounds like nonsense but try it before you knock it, you might be surprised. This is especially noticeable if you are one of those people who never remember any of your dreams or remember having any dreams.

• Like 1
MuddyFootprints

Th accuracy of my dreams can be frightening. My children experience the same thing. I often wonder why that is. Do the dreams lead to intuition or does the intuition lead to dreams?

Quite honestly, your hair would stand on end to hear us discuss what has occurred in dreamland and then in real life...

BOREDouttaMymind

one night years ago I was at my ex's home, we were watching a movie on the couch, and randomly I got a weird feeling in my gut. not sure what brought it on. but I randomly said 'baby, would you ever want a threesome, cause I think I want one'.

I would NEVER do a threesome, its just what came out of my mouth.

she responded with...WELL! I didn't want to tell you, but I did suck 'joe' last night!. in other words, the ho cheated on me.

what made me ask her? I wasn't even thinking of her cheating? did she behave differently? no. I think it was God who gave me the idea to ask, but ya, I totally believe in intuition.

just don't thin every dream is real.

MuddyFootprints
one night years ago I was at my ex's home, we were watching a movie on the couch, and randomly I got a weird feeling in my gut. not sure what brought it on. but I randomly said 'baby, would you ever want a threesome, cause I think I want one'.

I would NEVER do a threesome, its just what came out of my mouth.

she responded with...WELL! I didn't want to tell you, but I did suck 'joe' last night!. in other words, the ho cheated on me.

what made me ask her? I wasn't even thinking of her cheating? did she behave differently? no. I think it was God who gave me the idea to ask, but ya, I totally believe in intuition.

just don't thin every dream is real.

Symbolically, dreams are real, though the messages are not necessarily obvious.

BurnedAndLost
You can also 'make' yourself dream about such situations or use dreams to explore anything that is bothering you. Before you go to sleep, you can write down what you want to dream about, tell yourself this and then as soon as you wake up, note down what you remember.

It sounds like nonsense but try it before you knock it, you might be surprised. This is especially noticeable if you are one of those people who never remember any of your dreams or remember having any dreams.

Please explain more.

Please explain more.

After experiencing some personal events in life related to intuition and knowing things that I could find no logical explanation for, I started reading about the 'Higher self', intuition and the relationship between the physical mind and parts of the mind that are linked to knowledge that comes from 'data' of the universe i.e not from our immediate environment.

I was reading a book called 'Edgar Cayce on Channeling your Higher Self' by Henry Reed 'An illuminating work that reveals how the hidden powers of the mind and soul can revolutionize your life'

I arrived at a section about channeling but more specifically the section about dream incubation. Personally, I never remember any dreams if I do have them so I thought this would be interesting to try. In summary, he suggests the following:

Have a purpose for dreaming then write it down. As soon as you wake up write down everything that you remember.

This is all I have done so far but Edgar also suggests you find something in your dream (could be anything) that you think could be a clue relative to the purpose of the dream and think of a way to test the validity of it in real life. He said one could experiment with this noting down what they discover and that they would get a follow up dream that corrected any misinterpretations.

The idea is all about seeking guidance from your higher self and communicating seriousness about wanting to do so and following up with some effort.

As Ive said, I only did the telling myself the purpose to have a dream and then recalling it. Considering that I have never remembered more than a few dreams for my entire life so far, it is quite interesting to note that every single time I give myself a purpose for dreaming, I remember them each time. The last one I was able to recall details about the colour of peoples hair, size of a person, number of people and the fact that the airplane was flying upside down etc.

There is much more to it than this, you could always check out the book. I got a used copy on Amazon for cheap.

Hayley,

When you heard your H speaking so highly of you to the MOM, did it make you feel bad about yourself? A big turning point for me was when I over heard my H say to his friend, "My wife is the most honest and sweetest person I've ever known." I literally felt sick when I heard him say that. There's so many reasons I ended my A, but that was a big one. It made me feel horrible that I was so brilliant at fooling everyone around me. I now question everything about myself, life, infidelity, etc. I never thought I was capable of betraying another especially since I've experienced the pain first hand.

Our situations are a bit different because I'm no longer in an A and I'm planning to divorce my H. I'm curious if you end your A and focus on your M, are you planning on taking your secrets to the grave with you? Would you tell your H if he asked?

As far as dreams and intuition go, I knew when my H cheated on me. It was weird, I woke up one time from a deep sleep when my H was out with his friends. I had a strange feeling he was having sex with someone else, but I didn't want to believe it. I knew it was true when I secretly spied on him a week later and saw him get into another woman's car.

If I were you, I'd definitely look into ending the A soon.

Edited by violet1