So how many of you guys will respond to your ex this holiday?

JohnnyLoverBoy

It's only been three days since I asked for NC so I'm not sure what to expect. I'm going to be disappointed if I don't get a greet, although I know it will be out of guilt.

I'm leaning towards Haydn's advice that if he wants to talk to me it is going to be with an "I'm sorry, we need to talk." If I give any acknowledgement, I know it will turn into a huge pile of breadcrumbs leading a trail to no-where.

Been thinking about it today and am imagining that he is out of town and won't have time to text so that I wont have to deal with it.

He fully expects me to greet him.... I swear I'm not gonna do that!

Thinking I won't have my laptop tomorrow but now maybe I better bring it with me....

Went to the gym this morning and worked out hard. Going to try to go tomorrow morning.

If she texts I might respond, but only to be like thats greats wheres my stuff haha! Seriously she has some expensive electronics like my huge TV (amongst other items) which I believe her and her new roommates are currently enjoying. WTF?!?!

I doubt my ex will text / call / email me over the holidays , and I won't either. I didn't text him on his bday either (in August)... I don't want him to contact me, and if he does, all he will get from me is a big fat.... silence..

(edit: thanksgiving is long gone here in Canada, I meant Christmas)

• Like 1

My ex has made a point of texting ridiculously over the past 2 days.

We were only together about a month or two at the beginning of this year, and he tried again with me over the summer, but I decided (with the advice of many here) that he wasn't gonna get another shot.

I just received a text from him asking about a broccoli casserole I once made. God he's really reaching, huh...

• Like 5

Haha that's a good excuse. Did you respond?

We were only together about a month or two at the beginning of this year, and he tried again with me over the summer, but I decided (with the advice of many here) that he wasn't gonna get another shot.

I just received a text from him asking about a broccoli casserole I once made. God he's really reaching, huh...

Sounds serious! Have you contacted the authorities?

If you are afraid he might hurt you or your loved ones, you should.

Best of luck and stay safe!

Thank you so much!

I haven't. If he starts harassing me I will take action.

No emails since Monday so we're good. They weren't aggressive, I just know my ex and how extreme he can be.

She text me on my birthday and I responded with a "thank you". I absolutely hated myself for it. So if for some odd reason she does text me I'm not going to respond. It's much better that way.

Do ex's really contact you on holidays? They dumped you and wanted nothing to do with you.

If the dumper thinks the relationship ended on "good terms," they will probably try something. My ex is one of those people who likes to look good by doing certain things. For instance, after we broke up, he sent my parents birthday cards, and this is after I asked for NC. He feels that it's the right thing to do. Of course, it's the right thing for him because it makes him feel better about himself.

I guarantee there will be a Christmas card, a birthday card for me, ect. He would always make fun of his nieces and nephews and their parents. He would say terrible things about them. Then, he would always make sure to make himself look good and send cards and gifts.

Could i have the recipe?

organizedchaos
Do ex's really contact you on holidays? They dumped you and wanted nothing to do with you.

Yep, mine just did. "Hi, I know you asked for nc but wanted to wish you a happy thanksgiving :)"

Haven't done anything with it yet.

What a thread...I feel a crazy urge to reach out and wish a happy thanksgiving, especially since she's reached out to me in the past few days. I know it's not a good idea though so I'm not going to, unless she does first. Sad we have to play games like this now to protect ourselves.

• Like 2
organizedchaos
Yep, mine just did. "Hi, I know you asked for nc but wanted to wish you a happy thanksgiving :)"

Haven't done anything with it yet.

I ended up responding two hours later:

"thank you. Happy thanksgiving"

Left it at that.

following the casserole question I got a Happy Thanksgiving text this morning followed by some odd emoticon maybe 15 minutes later.

Neither got a response.

No text from the man I had an EA with. I don't expect one, I told him in no uncertain terms DO NOT CONTACT ME EVER AGAIN for anything other than him saying he's single, on his own, no drama, and would like to properly date me.

I did get a text from an attractive trainer at the gym, making sure I was okay after having a bit of a bad time at the gym last night. lol