So how many of you guys will respond to your ex this holiday?

JohnnyLoverBoy

I don't really send out holiday greeting and don't really respond to them either, but I'm not much of a texter anyway. I'm not much of a phone user in general.

My phone is typically in my purse on silent, or dead, or under my bed, or lost under a car seat somewhere. People know not to take it personally if I never notice a text. It's common knowledge my phone is not typically on me, lol.

• Like 3

My kind of girl...wish there were more of you!

I don't really send out holiday greeting and don't really respond to them either, but I'm not much of a texter anyway. I'm not much of a phone user in general.

My phone is typically in my purse on silent, or dead, or under my bed, or lost under a car seat somewhere. People know not to take it personally if I never notice a text. It's common knowledge my phone is not typically on me, lol.

Simon Phoenix
Um, I don't know when I said I wouldn't take any advice except for waiting for him...

But I'm glad you bit.

So now chew on this...I found out he has been in a relationship behind my back for the past like 3 weeks. Like as in even FB official.

As soon as a mutual friend told me this because they knew my ex was stringing me along & lying to me & calling me to "come home" use me for sex...all that. So a friend informed me of his new "relationship" so I then told his mother I could not accept her offer (only saying that it would not be right given the fact her son & I were no longer together)

I only accepted at first because my ex offered & I thought maybe that was a sign he wanted to be together in the future because to me it was kind of a big deal to me that he was asking his mother to help me.

I admit, I was foolish.

He has been blocked and I'm over it.

Sucks that you had to find out that way and be shocked into coming to your senses on all of that, but maybe it's for the best. Sometimes it's better when they do something awful because it allows you to detach from them permanently instead of hanging on with debilitating hope.

My first real breakup came at 18 to a girl who I was very clingy and overbearing to. Immediately after the break I did all of the pathetic begging, pleading, writing emails, writing love notes on the dry-erase board outside of her dorm room, just stupid stuff. Then I found out that she was dating someone else and she was cheating on me with him before she broke up with me. That snapped me right out of it and I stopped chasing completely, just went cold turkey. I then vowed never to be "that guy" again, the pathetic, clingy, chaser guy. And I haven't to this day.

I'm really glad you rejected his mom's offer. That was a terrible idea even before you found out what he was really up to.

• Like 1
My kind of girl...wish there were more of you!

My friends think I'm bonkers.

"Phoe, can you text (insert friend name) and ask him something?"

"No, I don't have my phone. I forgot where I put it. Meh."

They look like their mind is just absolutely blown at the concept of me being totally okay with not being sure where my phone is, and not caring.

It's old. I've never lost or broken it, there's only so many places it could be when I don't have it, but I'm not worried about the thing.

I'm the exact same -- never answer -- read texts way after the fact.

We don't know each other, but our phones "are just meant to be together" LOL

(sorry for hijacking the OP, Phoe was just too good to pass up on complementering her)

My friends think I'm bonkers.

"Phoe, can you text (insert friend name) and ask him something?"

"No, I don't have my phone. I forgot where I put it. Meh."

They look like their mind is just absolutely blown at the concept of me being totally okay with not being sure where my phone is, and not caring.

It's old. I've never lost or broken it, there's only so many places it could be when I don't have it, but I'm not worried about the thing.

Sucks that you had to find out that way and be shocked into coming to your senses on all of that, but maybe it's for the best. Sometimes it's better when they do something awful because it allows you to detach from them permanently instead of hanging on with debilitating hope.

My first real breakup came at 18 to a girl who I was very clingy and overbearing to. Immediately after the break I did all of the pathetic begging, pleading, writing emails, writing love notes on the dry-erase board outside of her dorm room, just stupid stuff. Then I found out that she was dating someone else and she was cheating on me with him before she broke up with me. That snapped me right out of it and I stopped chasing completely, just went cold turkey. I then vowed never to be "that guy" again, the pathetic, clingy, chaser guy. And I haven't to this day.

I'm really glad you rejected his mom's offer. That was a terrible idea even before you found out what he was really up to.

Thing is, I've never been through anything like this before (lied to, cheated on, manipulated...guys have always treated me pretty decent.)

But like I've been saying, there's a first time for everything & we live and learn.

I was hesitant from the get go about my ex's and his mother's offer to provide counseling for me and knew that I wouldn't really go through with it and then when I found out what was REALLY going on behind my back, well, I already said where I went from there.

It is for the best because it does make it easier to completely detach from a person when they do something as awful as what my ex did to me, so it's cold turkey now. I have so much resentment towards him. I hope I never ever see or hear from him EVER again.

Oh and he somehow he found out I put up JT's music video "what comes around goes around" on my FB (he has me blocked) and I guess he realized I blocked him on my phone because he sent me an email telling me to "chill out on FB" ! Ha! The nerve! I did not respond. Will not.

I'm at the point where I'm just laughing and not caring because he most definitely downgraded. :sick: LOSER.

Edited by me85

Admittedly I was on the fence about whether I would or not. I knew I wasn't going to text him; but I wasn't ready to commit to not responding if he contacted me.

But as time goes on and I hear nothing (it's been close to two weeks now) I'm leaning towards "no"

We were supposed to make plans to hang out the Saturday after but I doubt he'll follow through. He already bailed on me three times before - - and most likely will this time.

No point in taking the bait and responding, getting my hopes up and then having them dashed a fourth time. why ruin a perfectly good extended holiday weekend?

Darcy, dont do it friend. Ignore, ignore. Post here instead and wish me a happy extended holiday, Even though im up to my knees in Xmas cheer and making the house all shiny and fairy like for my daughter. Dont have hope have a future without all the crap and pain he brought. Take care.

Admittedly I was on the fence about whether I would or not. I knew I wasn't going to text him; but I wasn't ready to commit to not responding if he contacted me.

But as time goes on and I hear nothing (it's been close to two weeks now) I'm leaning towards "no"

We were supposed to make plans to hang out the Saturday after but I doubt he'll follow through. He already bailed on me three times before - - and most likely will this time.

No point in taking the bait and responding, getting my hopes up and then having them dashed a fourth time. why ruin a perfectly good extended holiday weekend?

• Like 4
Darcy, dont do it friend. Ignore, ignore. Post here instead and wish me a happy extended holiday, Even though im up to my knees in Xmas cheer and making the house all shiny and fairy like for my daughter. Dont have hope have a future without all the crap and pain he brought. Take care.

Thanks Haydn. Hopefully, continuing to come here and receive (and return) the much needed support to ignore him will help see me through :)

• Like 1
I'll wish her family a good christmas, but not her.

I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!! I realize I loved my ex's family more than I ever loved him.

They are such wonderful people and I can't believe my ex is even related to them because is NO WHERE NEAR LIKE THEM! They are sweet lovely people and he's an arrogant dickhead. He's the freaking black sheep for sure. :sick: LOSER!

BruisedBNBroken

Nope and nope. Will not initiate, will not respond. Day 13 today - lucky 13. Not starting over for some crumbs - even if they're tasty decorated holiday crumbs.

• Like 4

An entire threads worth of nopes on this one for me. Ex lost all those rights to get anything from me. Bye Bye and find someone else to get sympathy and best wishes from

• Like 2
Tactical Mind
I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!! I realize I loved my ex's family more than I ever loved him.

They are such wonderful people and I can't believe my ex is even related to them because is NO WHERE NEAR LIKE THEM! They are sweet lovely people and he's an arrogant dickhead. He's the freaking black sheep for sure. :sick: LOSER!

Same thing happened to me. Only it's worse, my ex, when we had broken up, went out of her way to make her family also lose contact with me.

These were people that if I had gotten down on a knee and asked for their daughter's hand they would have been overjoyed with the thought of it. I was close with not just her personal family, but an extended family that meant even aunts and uncles.

I'm on 2 months so far of NC after our last BU and at this point I won't be the one to initiate or respond.

Instead, happy holidays to you guys and girls, gain lots of laughter and try to notice the small things that bring you joy.

• Like 1

Will not initiate but will respond with a simple

tnx

after 1 hr

Dont want him to think im still holding grudge or still bitter.

LostConfused123

Will not initiate BUT would respond with an

"UP YOURS!!!"

Just Kidding!

No response either but I don't expect a contact. He was the Dumper and said we couldn't be friends because it's "already out there" ???? whatever the he'll that means.

But Happy Thanksgiving to all of you,!!! :D

• Like 1
Will not initiate BUT would respond with an

"UP YOURS!!!"

Just Kidding!

No response either but I don't expect a contact. He was the Dumper and said we couldn't be friends because it's "already out there" ???? whatever the he'll that means.

But Happy Thanksgiving to all of you,!!! :D

Wow what an ass.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AS WELL!:D

I'm struggling with trying not to hate my ex. That will just hurt ME and I'm so tired of hurting over someone who treated me like garbage and lied so many times to me about so many things.

HELP! :( I've blocked him but he has emailed me yesterday and today. I just want him to go away for good and leave me alone forever! I haven't responded nor will I. This is a nightmare! He's a sociopath, I'm serious. I really think he is.

It's scary and I don't want him to come after me pissed off because I am ignoring him. He has serious issues.

LostConfused123
Wow what an ass.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AS WELL!:D

I'm struggling with trying not to hate my ex. That will just hurt ME and I'm so tired of hurting over someone who treated me like garbage and lied so many times to me about so many things.

HELP! :( I've blocked him but he has emailed me yesterday and today. I just want him to go away for good and leave me alone forever! I haven't responded nor will I. This is a nightmare! He's a sociopath, I'm serious. I really think he is.

It's scary and I don't want him to come after me pissed off because I am ignoring him. He has serious issues.

Sounds serious! Have you contacted the authorities?

If you are afraid he might hurt you or your loved ones, you should.

Best of luck and stay safe!

• Like 1
Sounds serious! Have you contacted the authorities?

If you are afraid he might hurt you or your loved ones, you should.

Best of luck and stay safe!

I did this myself when I was young and stupid. I could send several emails every week, even though I knew that I wouldn't get a response. I just wanted her to feel bad for how she had treated me.

After a couple of weeks, her dad called me and told me stop sending emails or he would call the police. I guess he just wanted to scare me, and it worked.

The truth is, I didn't even want her to respond. I just got some strange satisfaction from sending these emails. They were not aggressive or anything, just weird. I never tried to call her. I never considered visiting her and talk to her in person. It was just childish behavior.

Of course, there are many dangerous guys out there who could become aggressive, but that's not always the case.

• Like 2

I'll probably not gonna get a greet tom. since she is from europe they don't celebrate thanksgiving there..

It's gonna be long day tomorrow.. All family gonna ask what happen etc etc.