Do people know what they're getting into when moving in together?

I agree whole heartedly women do more work in a marriage in general. There are always exceptions. Pretty much all my family examples the women do more work (even with my aunts that make more money than my uncles!)

My solution is to date a man who is OCD about cleaning. He may not LIKE to do it but he'll do it. He actually nags me to be cleaner. I cook, he cleans. I had to go through about 5 men who expect women to work full time like a man AND do most of the housework but hes worth it thus far.

Women Are Still Doing Most Housework, Despite A Growing Female Workforce | ThinkProgress

The Difference Between a Happy Marriage and Miserable One: Chores - Wendy Klein, Carolina Izquierdo, & Thomas N. Bradbury - The Atlantic

Also, look up the Journal of Family and Marriage. Scientific peer reviewed journal. Has several articles that show women do 1.5 times more housework and childcare than men, even when the woman makes the same amount of money or more.

Oh, yeah, I totally agree. In most cases, women do more of the housework.

I don't mind housework though. I like for my house to look a certain way and he does things I would never do like pick up dog poop in the yard and mow the grass (I've never mowed a yard and don't plan to).

• Like 1