I caught my fiancee cheating but she doesn't know it

AloneNow

• Author
I just started reading this thread so I'm not sure if this was resolved.
I'm single and just got a new bed since yesterday. It was so uncomfortable sleeping on the couch.
  • Author
Damn, this thread is awesome!

It really should be sticky-ed and retitled "A Guide to Handling a Situation with a Cheating Partner".

Thank you but I think most would react immediately.
  • Author
You feel like a total coward because you're a beta male. That's why you didn't have the courage to do anything, and that's probably why she cheated on you in the first place. Women have a built in biological instinct to be impregnated by alpha males so the offspring will be strong and healthy.

Sad facts, but true nonetheless. Reality is harsh.

Seriously you must be still in HS or freshman year in college because you sound like it. The last time I heard of people placing those labels and reading alpha guidelines was a senior in HS.

From what I'm understanding is you think I deserved it. Do you realize there is never an excuse to cheat? If I'm this so called ''beta'' you're mentioning and she couldn't stand me then the right way would have been speaking to me about me or break off the engagement if nothing was working out; not cheating.

Thanks a lot for saying I deserve it. I assume you must not know what it's like being betrayed deeply someone you loved and trusted a lot.

• Like 3
  • Author
What I was implying is that this is the very reason she cheated on him, because he's probably a doormat/beta. If he alphas up in the future this is probably less likely to happen.
How does breaking off the engagement and going NC make me a doormat or so called ''beta''?

Once again, thanks a lot for saying I deserve it when I did nothing but loved her, be there for her, etc.

• Like 1
I wasn't suggesting that he should have done something. There's a good chance that the OM is one of those wimps that would call the cops even though he was in the wrong instead of taking his lashing like a man.

What I was implying is that this is the very reason she cheated on him, because he's probably a doormat/beta. If he alphas up in the future this is probably less likely to happen.

Not as cut and dried in IRL. My dad was a cop and a martial arts instructor. He's the kind of guy who always gets his way with anyone, one way or another. You could say he was Alpha as Fʊck. But guess what? My mother cheated on him for a year.

Being an alpha is no guarantee against cheating. It just makes you look more like a fool when it happens.

Cheating is a reflection of who the cheater really is as a person and not the person he/she was cheating on.

..my 2¢

• Like 1

Hi Alone, I guess people like bcl5 while being well meaning, are so off course with their ideas and thinking that it is best to ignore them completely. I think you acted as more than an Alpha male and I would say you delivered a message to your ex-GF in no uncertain terms. She is going to remember this and her extreme folly for a very long time.

A man does NOT have to be all macho and a 'I Tarzan you Jane' kind of a person. If your boundaries are clear and you have spelt them out clearly to your significant other by your attitude, behaviour and your actions in daily life, then I think you have done right. If, then your significant other chooses to violate the rules and break your trust, then yours is the classic text book method to handle this kind of a messy situation. You did right and you have no reason to doubt your actions and reactions.

You have said somewhere that your GF had brains along with other attributes. This may have been your assessment because you were so in love with her that you could only see her through rose coloured glasses. In actual fact I doubt very much that she was brainy because if she was she would have thought through the whole matter of cheating on you and realized that it was extremely foolish and fool hardy of her to embark on a course such as this. You have mentioned elsewhere that she was juvenile in carrying out her cheating affair. That I think is the essence of her behaviour and actions. No brainy person would have done that.

Having said all this I do hope that you are doing well are on the fast road to full recovery. My best wishes to you.Cheers!

Edited by Just a Guy
  • Like 1