Outing PUA tactics!

ThaWholigan
HOOP THEORY! Yes, now I remember.

I knew I should have asked you to begin with.

THESE are PUA techniques, and NOT the way your average, self-confident person engages others socially.

They are negative PUA techniques - they are the "dark arts" that a lot of early PUA was built on. They aren't the be all and end all - there's good stuff in PUA too.

I'll tell you one technique that PUAs do. Watch how they treat other men - particularly "rivals". Their body language usually completely changes, becomes more aggressive, but subtly.

• Like 4
  • Author
Seems that it's okay that a man need demonstrate his worth to the woman but the woman shouldn't need to demonstrate her worth to the man?

IMO? Correct.

Whomever is pursuing someone they're interested in should be trying to show why the object of their affection should be interested and attracted to them.

Further, IMO, women should not be the gender doing the pursuing.

Another is the jealousy plotline, playing women off each other, to induce jealousy. This raises compliance thresholds since it's turned into a competition between women, where the man's the prize. I've seen this one used a ton on LS.

Mirroring, where they pretend to enjoy what you enjoy.

I inadvertently did that last weekend. One of the girls I have been hanging out with invited me out to go dancing with her and her bf, who was in from out oif town. She warned me that her bf was gorgeous. Well, she was, and I talked to her a lot, not only because she was gorgeoous but interesting too and she was having some relationship issues, which I love to talk about.

Her bf was talking about a guy she just met, 2 dates, that he was always texting, in fact texting her while I was talking to her. Not sure what I said, but my friend said "well you can text her too!" and kind of snarled and glared at me.

IMO? Correct.

Whomever is pursuing someone they're interested in should be trying to show why the object of their affection should be interested and attracted to them.

Further, IMO, women should not be the gender doing the pursuing.

Agreed, in fact to me it's a turn off for a woman to persue me.

• Like 3
  • Author

Are gratuitous c*ck shots part of PUA? :laugh:

(I'm half serious. Mr. Alleged PUA who I just mentioned is the c*ck shot sender of last weekend.)

One tactic is using tarot cards, apparently. I never go to clubs or bars, but I'm tempted to, just to see if anyone tries it. I know something about tarot cards, so it would at least be amusing.

fortyninethousand322

I'm glad this thread exists. Now I have a great list of tactics to try next time I'm around women.

• Like 3
ThaWholigan
It's called AMOG. AlphaMaleOftheGroup. You one up the competition, to make them look stupid or back down.

There's one that they tried to teach initially that was a bit like negging - it was the tease-to-please method that came from David D'Angelo's "cocky-funny". In principle this is fine after at least a base level of familiarity, but as always it does fall into negging territory. The thing about negging, while I don't do it and never did, I noticed that a lot of guys I know tend to do this unconsciously (as in, they didn't and still don't know about PUA) and girls did respond to it well - but generally, girls here tend to dish it out with equal amounts of fervor.

Trying to force the "teasing" element in my opinion is high risk and not much reward, because if that is not your natural dynamic regarding interactions with women then it may not work. Still, it's good to be able to "banter" (hate that word) with girls sometimes, it builds up necessary tension.

• Like 1
I'm pretty sure I just experienced this. Had a date with a guy. Everything leading up to it was great; he expressed how much he wanted to see me again. In the couple days after the date, his communication changed remarkably. Slower to respond, no longer initiating.

Today, I received both a neg AND a hoop theory text. I'm not buying into his game, and he appears to be getting MAD!

:lmao:

Well, my communication would not change if I was interested. And I did not go a couple of days if I was interested, just small delays.

Make him MAD, good on you!

• Author
Well, my communication would not change if I was interested. And I did not go a couple of days if I was interested, just small delays.

His delays are small as well. Whereas he used to respond within 10 minutes, it's now an hour. The first two days, he didn't initiate like usual. Now he's back on it, with the additional gamesmanship.

He also sent me c*ck shots (hence that thread I started) on the way home from our first date. :eek:

I'm using this experience as a learning tool.

ThaWholigan
One tactic is using tarot cards, apparently. I never go to clubs or bars, but I'm tempted to, just to see if anyone tries it. I know something about tarot cards, so it would at least be amusing.

This is old PUA - Mystery was a magician and probably knew a bit about tarot and Astrology. Anyone still doing that stuff is probably still stuck in 04. In fact, I feel sorry for any girl who falls for that in 2013. You'll know if he tells you what sign you are then starts to give you the special negs - almost-compliments that force you to "qualify" yourself.

Old news :laugh:

• Like 1
Women love magic game. First I peacock by wearing a giant top hat. Than I pull a baby bunny out of the top hat using Magic and I than use ventriloquist skills to make it appear the bunny has just asked the girl for her number.

This is pretty much Mystery's schtick. :lmao:

Are gratuitous c*ck shots part of PUA? :laugh:

(I'm half serious. Mr. Alleged PUA who I just mentioned is the c*ck shot sender of last weekend.)

........What. :eek:

Do men realize that a lot of women don't see male genitalia the same way men see female genitalia? I'm not saying all, but I've gotten so many pictures of dicks from guys that I can't distinguish between them. You've seen one dick, you've seen them all. Unless it has five piercings, like one of my friends has in his.

• Like 3
Drseussgrrl
Yup!

A month or so ago, in private TBF analyzed for me the initial emails between myself and a guy I dated in January-March. They were LADEN with PUA techniques, things that made me furrow my brow but yet also sucked me in. One of those things was something like, "So, tell me a story... make me want to take you out" or something like that. It was kitchy and full of :)'s, so I figured he was just being playful. Wrong!

He turned out to be quite the PUA jerk. I learned a lot from that analysis!

Oh gah yeah this is all making sense now. He used to email stuff like, "Tell me what your best friends would say about you, good AND bad." "But I'm still not totally sure we'd be a good match. What about..."

L-A-M-E-O

Exactly. What he described is absolutely not PUA technique.

Ima, are you familiar with the PUA community and all their forums? You won't find that stuff on it.

Yes I am. Most of the guys who study this stuff aren't bad dudes who are out to bamboozle you; instead these are guys who keep striking out with women for reasons they don't know why, and they want to change it.

As far as weird behavior: Well, first of all, some PUA "gurus" indeed teach these esoteric techniques that they claim work magic, but as they are so transparent, these teachers are going the way of Blockbuster. What is more common instead is that many socially unskilled guys are learning these rules-of-thumb about how to behave with women and as they are too unskilled to get how these rules-of-thumb actually apply, they take these rules-of-thumb as dogma. Example: "don't compliment women too much too early on, it makes you look both desperate AND insincere" becomes "don't compliment women at all".

More and more teachers nowadays are instead teaching how the male-female dynamic really works in such a way that a guy who hasn't been good with women, could actually become good.

Now, as for the "bad guys" you date who find a way to weasel into your emotions, they're probably not monsters manufactured from the PUA factory. They instead probably learned at a very early age what works to keep you off-balanced and chasing. You know not to fall for a guy until he shows himself to be sincere--the real deal.

• Like 2
Women love magic game. First I peacock by wearing a giant top hat. Than I pull a baby bunny out of the top hat using Magic and I than use ventriloquist skills to make it appear the bunny has just asked the girl for her number.

I love bunnies. This would actually work on me. But it better be an adopted bunny and not a store-bought bunny or I'll be pissed and kill the guy. :mad:

• Like 1
ThaWholigan

For the record, the cock shot doesn't come from PUA :laugh:. Nobody knows where that one came from!

• Like 3

Don't forget "The Cube" where the PUA has you visualize a cube and then gives you an impromptu personality reading based on its size and color. :laugh: They call it Demonstrating Higher Value or something like that.

• Like 2
Oh gah yeah this is all making sense now. He used to email stuff like, "Tell me what your best friends would say about you, good AND bad." "But I'm still not totally sure we'd be a good match. What about..."

L-A-M-E-O

Oooh, this is where you can have fun!! "Well, my best friends think it's awesome how ruthless I am when it comes to cutting off men's nutsacks, but they're disappointed with my body disposal methods. I'm working on it, though."

• Like 1

Openly ignoring the hottest girl (supposedly) in the room, is also negging, but it came to mind when I thought of wingmen, who help to take care of the less attractive friends, distracting them from the one guy making headway with the one he's zeroed in on. The friends who would try to keep him away from her...

ThaWholigan
Don't forget "The Cube" where the PUA has you visualize a cube and then gives you an impromptu personality reading based on its size and color. :laugh: They call it Demonstrating Higher Value or something like that.

Yeah, cold reading I think that is.

ThaWholigan
Openly ignoring the hottest girl (supposedly) in the room, is also negging, but it came to mind when I thought of wingmen, who help to take care of the less attractive friends, distracting them from the one guy making headway with the one he's zeroed in on. The friends who would try to keep him away from her...

Yeah, that's if you go out sarging with your wingman. I never did the sarging, but I did play a game where I gave my friend 50 pounds and for every girl I spoke to, I would get 10 pounds back.

"But I'm still not totally sure we'd be a good match. What about..."

Oh my god! I got that same, exact line when I was online dating. I just cut him off and cheerfully said, "That's ok! We can just be friends!"

Then I never spoke to him again. :p

• Like 5

Some of PUA came from NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming) which began as a form of therapy and ended up being used for evil, so the technique was trashed by the psych community.

• Like 2