Don't know

• Author

I'm sure he's thinking I'm gonna text him/call him later (like I used to) but that won't happen. I just deleted his number. :mad::cool::(:)

"You know where I live, you know where to find me, you can always text/call/email me" NO!!!!! I'm not doing any of those things.

I remember how he said how happy he was I was so busy that way no guys could take me away from him. WHO SAYS STUFF LIKE THAT? You've been ****ing this other girl!!!!! I wanted to say so many things yesterday, but I'm glad I didn't. I'm glad I didn't make it dramatic like I used to make it.

Edited by Mariposa10
  • Like 1

It really is amazing what some people will do and say when they feel they have options. People you would normally think are pretty kind and decent let it go straight to their head. What he said about being happy no other guy being able to take you from his is so wrong. -_-

I'm glad he was honest too... it doesn't sound like you will ever have to worry about backsliding and missing him again or desiring to break contact. Best is yet to come, Mariposa... one of my favorite phrases and it belongs to you today. ;)

• Like 1
  • Author
It really is amazing what some people will do and say when they feel they have options. People you would normally think are pretty kind and decent let it go straight to their head. What he said about being happy no other guy being able to take you from his is so wrong. -_-

I'm glad he was honest too... it doesn't sound like you will ever have to worry about backsliding and missing him again or desiring to break contact. Best is yet to come, Mariposa... one of my favorite phrases and it belongs to you today. ;)

I'm sure I'll miss him, I will probably miss him soon or at some point. But it's normal, after talking to each other for 5 years every single day. Because of all those years, I want to see if I can start going to a codependency group or something, so I have some tools to deal with all these emotions.

I'm taking comfort in knowing I was his closest friend, so I know he'll miss me a lot. He begged me to be his friend. Last week, I told him it was impossible for us to be friends forever, he called me asking me why and I said when you get into a new relationship or I do, it's not gonna work, and he said why not? and I said, I wouldn't want my boyfriend to be friends with his ex of five years, so I couldn't do that to someone and then he said, "we don't have to tell them every single detail." Something I found really creepy. I know he really wanted to keep me around. He won't have that luxury anymore. The idiot who kept stroking his ego is gone. A couple of days ago he was still calling me before going to bed just like he used to when we were a couple calling me "sweetie" after I asked him not to.

I don't think I'll ever feel like contacting him because I feel like I already got my closure. I went NC when I was REALLY ready, I didn't even plan it. I NEVER thought I would go NC yesterday. He might contact me in the future, but not right now. He knows I'm super pissed off. Like I said earlier, I find him disgusting right now. Of all the restaurants he had to take her to the one close to my house. Oh my god!! Imagine if I had seen them together!! WHAT WAS HE THINKING?

I honestly think in his mind he thought I would wait for him to be done with this girl, so we could have a relationship again. Maybe that's why he kept contacting me and was happy I was busy that way I wold not move on and I would be ready to take him back as soon as he was done. Well, turns out I still have some dignity left.

• Author

The only bad thing is that I've lost my appetite just like when we recently broke up. I hate that.... Also, I keep running into his roommate... I see him at school all the time and we always chitchat... Oh my god, now it's different... He knows my ex was still talking to me while he was banging this other girl... he's gonna think I'm so stupid. I NEED TO STOP CARING ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK!!!

Any tips on how to deal with the roommate and how ashamed I will feel as soon as I see him?

My advice is to not worry about it. Who gives a sh*t what his roommate thinks? How is that relevant to your life. I think your biggest issue is that you care too much about how other people perceive you, which is why you basically acted like doormat to your ex for months. You need to be comfortable with your own skin and stop worrying about people who have no relevance in your life think. Not only will that give you peace of mind, but that will make you a more attractive person.

His roommate is the one who should be embarrassed. I would be ashamed of having such a **** roommate and standing by and seeing it all take place. You may feel foolish for giving your ex so much benefit of the doubt but nothing excuses his lies.

Best thing for you to do is live well anytime your ex's roommate sees you. If I were you I wouldn't view him as a friend anymore or want anything to do with him. People who keep bad company really bother me.

• Author
His roommate is the one who should be embarrassed. I would be ashamed of having such a **** roommate and standing by and seeing it all take place. You may feel foolish for giving your ex so much benefit of the doubt but nothing excuses his lies.

Best thing for you to do is live well anytime your ex's roommate sees you. If I were you I wouldn't view him as a friend anymore or want anything to do with him. People who keep bad company really bother me.

It's funny because I never really talked to his roommate, my ex used to live alone but then he got a roommate, recently, but they have known each other for years, so I guess I met him like 4 years ago, but we never really talked.

Now when I see him at school we ACTUALLY talk. He's a really nice person, I would feel very uncomfortable if I were him too. I remember how I once called my ex and he said, "hi baby" (I still don't know why this prick would call me that) and he went on saying I'm just here hanging out with *roommates name* so he knows for sure my ex and I were talking and he's met the other girl. I'm sure my ex took pleasure in showing hims roommate how we were still talking while he was having sex with the other girl.

I can't wait for the time when this other girl will be done with him. She doesn't seem to be interested in having a serious relationship with him AT ALL. Rebound relationships (or whatever he's doing right now) don't work out. He even said it, "when I'm with her, it's not the same, I miss you." If he had taken his time maybe things with this other girl would've worked out after all they do have a similar lifestyles, but his pigness got the best of him. When we had recently broken up, he asked me if I wanted to be fwb again, now that I look back he wanted to have her and me. I'm so happy I said no. Wow, it's amazing how clearer everything is now.

yeah, I'm not interested in having any kind of friendship with the roommate. He's nice and all that but I already have my own friends. I will just say hello when I see him. All the time he's seen me he's seen me happy, so I'm happy about that.

Edited by Mariposa10
  • 10 months later...
  • Author

A year ago, I came to this forum while feeling like my soul was being smashed. Some of the comments I typed here, I am sure I typed them while crying my eyes out.

I am so glad to know that I don't feel like I used to feel a year ago.

Thank you so much to all of you who have helped me :)

Things do get better.

There's no magic trick. It's all about letting time do its thing. No more panic attacks, no more crying randomly, no more loss of appetite/sleep, no more days laying in bed in the morning and not wanting to get up.

I am free.

• Like 3