The past is in the past argument with sexual history in dating.

Really sad that you teach your children to accept judgment and superiority bull $hit from others... Fortunately many people (Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, etc), didn't accept those kind of judgments and the consequences that come along those judgments... Life is much better because people like them chose to fight for what they believe and they represented...

Fortunately some women fought for women to be able to vote and to enjoy and talk about their sexuality...

Women are still judged and killed in many countries for just enjoy their sexuality... should we tell them that they need to accept it?

You can't avoid people choosing to judge you but you can fight the judgement when is unfair and can bring consequences to you and people who is like you.

Crappy analogy.

We are able to judge whom we take into our personal lives because it ONLY affects us.

Social judgments are SO different because people end up discriminated against and having their lives GREATLY affected.

If folks want to judge others, thats their deal, so long as they dont infringe on another persons rights. Choosing not to date someone because of a judgement you have against them does NOT infringe on their human rights.

So fvking stop it. Please.

• Like 1
silvermercy
That's not really the point from what I can see.

I think it kinda was judging by the post above yours.

What is this? A freedom struggle from the oppression of these bad and evil people who dare to place some standards in their relationships? Like most people do with most other things in life?

Are these posts for real??

There is no problem with you placing some standards ... I have repeated it 100 times... You can choose who you date for the reasons you want to choose them...

But saying that those people lack self control, that they are worse for a LTR, that they have no will power, etc... that is really wrong at many different levesl and I will not take that kind of judgment from anyone...

You can't judge thousands of people you don't even know and pretend you know their reasons or traits... is ridiculous and dangerous!

I wish I could love this post a thousand times. I've always been the one to praise rebellions and people who don't accept bad treatments and change the world for the better. If humans always thought like quiet-storm, world would certainly be a much much worse place.

Actually the world would be better if people thought more like Quiet Storm.

People complaining about personal relationship judgments act as if folks should be forced to have personal relationships with people they dont click with. Sorry, but that doesnt sound like personal freedom to me.

So long as it harms no one else, people should be free to do what they want. Choosing not to date someone doesnt harm the other person. Judging and discriminating against people on the basis of skin color, nationality, or religion does infringe upon rights.

Thats why I as someone who always believe in the causes of MLK, Mandela, and Ghandi, cannot stand when people bring them up and misuse what they stood for.

past should stay past and those who ask get a fabricated story.

If you wanna be a liar, thats on you. You will attract the same kind of woman.

• Like 1
Crappy analogy.

We are able to judge whom we take into our personal lives because it ONLY affects us.

Social judgments are SO different because people end up discriminated against and having their lives GREATLY affected.

If folks want to judge others, thats their deal, so long as they dont infringe on another persons rights. Choosing not to date someone because of a judgement you have against them does NOT infringe on their human rights.

I will advise you to buy "comprehensive reading 101"

I have said 1000000 times in this thread that anyone can choose who they date based on what they want... I do think everyone has the right to choose who they want beside them and I am no one to say how they base their choice!

Having said that I won't take the bull $hit that people who has enjoyed casual sex is more prone to cheat, or not LTR material, or has not will power or self control... you name it.. those are offensive statements and are unfair judgments where a person is judging thousands of people around the world...

That is classicist and I won't accept it!

miss_jaclynrae

I have no problem with people having their preference.I just can't stand the assumptions people place on those who do have higher numbers. Not wanting to be with someone with a high number is fine, saying that they don't think sex is special, are more likely to cheat, can't commit... Or any other crap is what I can't stand.

• Like 1

Let's compare civil rights struggles to the standards people use to judge potential relationship partners. Of course it is the same thing.

• Like 1

See, this is the fight I don't understand. Why lie or omit the details? No one forced you (for the most part) to have sex with so many different people. You chose to do that yourself. So, why are you upset about the judgment? Why not just date like-minded individuals who have/had as much sex as you did and allow those of us who care to just stick with those of us like us? Instead, these people with high numbers lie or omit details to those of us less promiscious then them. That is not okay.

• Like 1
If you wanna be a liar, thats on you. You will attract the same kind of woman.

So K, how about answering my earlier question?

Or, am I talking to a wall at this point...:confused:

• Like 1
Now we're comparing consentual sex with stealing and cheating? Really?

Non-judgmental my ass.

Who here is claiming not to be judgmental? Everybody is. In fact the people who claim to be the most open minded are often the most judgmental.

ThaWholigan

Again, I have to summarize.

It is not the fact that people don't want to date them. It is the need to further insult them by claiming they have character issues, or weakness, or lack of control or any other slanderous label to fling at them.

Me personally, I refrain from doing such things, even if I didn't want to date a promiscuous person.

• Like 2
mesmerized
Crappy analogy.

It only affects you but when such judgment get widespread, it starts affecting a larger group of people. Aren't you the one who was complaining about racial judgments in dating?? A person who chooses not to date you base on race can say that she is not racist and that's a personal decision. Sounds fine, right? But when almost every single non-black (or even black!) female decides to have that judgment, what would that mean for you and your dating life? Wouldn't you object to that? Wouldn't you see it as unfair because their reasons are stupid in the first place?

blah, all this discussion is way too obvious to me. I feel like I'm wasting my time being the captain obvious for poeple who are going to resist it anyway :lmao:

• Like 1

I have said 1000000 times in this thread that anyone can choose who they date based on what they want... I do think everyone has the right to choose who they want beside them and I am no one to say how they base their choice!

Having said that I won't take the bull $hit that people who has enjoyed casual sex is more prone to cheat, or not LTR material, or has not will power or self control... you name it.. those are offensive statements and are unfair judgments where a person is judging thousands of people around the world...

Heres the perfect reply to your bs on the last page;

Let's compare civil rights struggles to the standards people use to judge potential relationship partners. Of course it is the same thing.
It only affects you but when such judgment get widespread, it starts affecting a larger group of people. Aren't you the one who was complaining about racial judgments in dating?? A person who chooses not to date you base on race can say that she is not racist and that's a personal decision. Sounds fine, right? But when almost every single non-black (or even black!) female decides to have that judgment, what would that mean for you and your dating life? Wouldn't you object to that? Wouldn't you see it as unfair because their reasons are stupid in the first place?

blah, all this discussion is way too obvious to me. I feel like I'm wasting my time being the captain obvious for poeple who are going to resist it anyway :lmao:

Every single non black person deciding not to date a black person will never happen. If somebody chooses not to date a certain race that is their business. You can't govern the choices people make in dating.

silvermercy
There is no problem with you placing some standards ... I have repeated it 100 times... You can choose who you date for the reasons you want to choose them...

But saying that those people lack self control, that they are worse for a LTR, that they have no will power, etc... that is really wrong at many different levesl and I will not take that kind of judgment from anyone...

You can't judge thousands of people you don't even know and pretend you know their reasons or traits... is ridiculous and dangerous!

I don't know why you're stuck with this "self-control" thing for so long. :confused: The self-control was just an example demonstrating that people can freely make this assumption when they hear about a very large number. They are FREE to assume so. You can't really blame them because it's natural to assume so. Just like it's natural to assume that someone is obese because he/she eats a lot of food (even though it could be a metabolic disorder instead); or that someone who eats a lot of chocolate every day is likely to get diabetes at some point in life (even though s/he may not).

What is wrong with you guys? Can't you read?

I don't have a problem with people choosing to rule out a person for their sexual past... I am fine with that... it is their life and their choice!

But I do have an issue to being negatively portrayed as weak or some other wholly negative archetype as it has happened various times in this thread..

That is what can be compared with the civil right struggles because I do have the right to my own sexual life without having to pay a social tool for it.

Let me add,

It doesnt matter what you think about someones personal feelings regarding whom they choose to date. They make their own decisions and thats their right. I have some kookie ways I pick women, but I pick them for myself and no one else. So its noones problem whom I date or fvk

• Like 1

It is their personal decision though!

I cant force someone to be attracted to me. It sucks, but I cant change it, and Id rather not force people to change. Let them change on their own. Thats how you know their beliefs end up genuine.

Ima be real here...Im cute enough and sexy enough for racial preferences not to spell the death of my dating life. Sure things could be better, but I cant force someone to date me.

This is really apples and oranges though. I dont think promiscuity can be compared to skin color preferences. But at the same time, people wanna date who they wanna date. Their plenty of women in the world, so preferences wont kill my dating life.

What is wrong with you guys? Can't you read?

I don't have a problem with people choosing to rule out a person for their sexual past... I am fine with that... it is their life and their choice!

But I do have an issue to being negatively portrayed as weak or some other wholly negative archetype as it has happened various times in this thread..

That is what can be compared with the civil right struggles because I do have the right to my own sexual life without having to pay a social tool for it.

You have the right to your own life without persecution which means no government should have the right to arrest you, harass you or make your life worse because of it. You do not have the right to tell people what opinion they can have and if some people won't date you because of it that is their right.

I am sure I have traits which rule me out with certain women but I don't care because I found a woman who doesn't care about these things. I suggest people find a woman or man who accepts them as they are. You are not oppressed because certain people won't date you.

I understand enjoying sex, but why do you have to enjoy sex with soo many different people? You can have sex multiple times with the same person. I mean, if you're sweating bullets over your number, something has got to be wrong maybe in your childhood, or parent or something. Enjoying sex does not mean screw everything that winks at you.

ThaWholigan
It is their personal decision though!

I cant force someone to be attracted to me. It sucks, but I cant change it, and Id rather not force people to change. Let them change on their own. Thats how you know their beliefs end up genuine.

Ima be real here...Im cute enough and sexy enough for racial preferences not to spell the death of my dating life. Sure things could be better, but I cant force someone to date me.

This is really apples and oranges though. I dont think promiscuity can be compared to skin color preferences. But at the same time, people wanna date who they wanna date. Their plenty of women in the world, so preferences wont kill my dating life.

You're all missing the point :laugh:

It's not about the attraction, it's the "oh, they've been with x number of people, they are weak people with no morals etc etc".

• Like 3
miss_jaclynrae

To judge is to make an ignorant assumption.I feel for those of you who do judge someone's sexual history, because I bet you are going to miss out on some amazing potential partners.

I judge, but I don't right off someone I care about or hope to care about until they prove my judgement was right. There have been times where I have seen someone I don't like and made ignorant judgements, but inside I know that I am probably wrong. When it comes I someone I could care about, whether it be judging them for a lack of employment, living at home, I have never written them off until their current actions made my judgement correct.

mesmerized
Every single non black person deciding not to date a black person will never happen. If somebody chooses not to date a certain race that is their business. You can't govern the choices people make in dating.

Not in this day and age but it did in the past. And I may not be able to govern people, but I can challenge their reasons for choosing what they're choosing and hopefully remove ignorance and other bad reasons that governs their decision making.

Let me add,

It doesnt matter what you think about someones personal feelings regarding whom they choose to date. They make their own decisions and thats their right. I have some kookie ways I pick women, but I pick them for myself and no one else. So its noones problem whom I date or fvk

You really are someone man...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I have NO PROBLEMS WITH PEOPLE RULING OUT OTHERS FOR THEIR SEXUAL PAST (I really don't know what is so difficult to understand in that sentence!).

I do have problems with people saying that I am more prone to cheat, etc...

It is like me saying I don't date blond women ( till here everything right and my own choice) ... then I say... because blond women are stupid.. Obviously that judgment is stupid, untrue and offensive for every blond woman who read it...

It is really so difficult to understand?

• Like 2