Is it possible for women to stay happy in long term marriages?

• Author

I ask this question because I am in a marriage with a woman and we are getting to that point in marriage when women start to get restless and I have been having a lot of conversations with my friends about marriage. Most of them say a woman's in love period only lasts a few years then after that he is only valued as a walking wallet or security. They also say I changed for the worst after Hurricane Sandy and it worries me when people I look at as family think I am not the Woggle they know and love.

I thought you changed for the better after Hurricane Sandy.

Which Woggle did YOU like better? Which did your wife like better?

Whose opinion matters most?

• Author
I thought you changed for the better after Hurricane Sandy.

Which Woggle did YOU like better? Which did your wife like better?

Whose opinion matters most?

I was really happy with it for a while but after a while I felt like I was lying to myself to convince myself that things were not really that bad. The fact of the matter is that the modern woman seems to have a really hard time staying happy in a long term marriage and men getting married need to think about. When a couple gets married it's only a matter of time before things go sour.

sweetjasmine
The fact of the matter is that the modern woman seems to have a really hard time staying happy in a long term marriage

Do you realize that YOU'RE the unhappy one in your marriage right now?

• Like 2
I was really happy with it for a while but after a while I felt like I was lying to myself to convince myself that things were not really that bad. The fact of the matter is that the modern woman seems to have a really hard time staying happy in a long term marriage and men getting married need to think about. When a couple gets married it's only a matter of time before things go sour.
I've already got plans to leave my husband, taking our two boys with me, only allowing him weekend supervised visits and forcing him to pay child support and alimony. So you're right, the modern woman can't be monogamous. Can't wait to get out and hit on hot men, once separated. Yum, yum.
sweetjasmine
I've already got plans to leave my husband, taking our two boys with me, only allowing him weekend supervised visits and forcing him to pay child support and alimony. So you're right, the modern woman can't be monogamous. Can't wait to get out and hit on hot men, once separated. Yum, yum.

What, you don't have the next husband-ATM lined up yet? Come on, woman, get on it! ;)

• Like 1

Woggle, you faced a hardship together and got stronger. That's not always the case. It is when times get tough that people show their true colors.

Your relationship has been tested--naturally tested through life. It passed with great success. It felt good because, under pressure, it was good. It's be proven. You should never grow complacent (no one should, we should all strive every day to appreciate and dote on our partners), but you can rest at ease. You have a solid relationship.

Other schmucks won't be as lucky. You weren't as lucky the first time. But this time? You picked good. Relax! Treat her well, and be the man she deserves.

If you grow cynical, and stop treating her well, you will manifest your worst nightmare. Of course a woman in a relationship with a cynical man will eventually grow tired of it. Don't shoot yourself in the foot.

• Author

Then why do many of my friends talk about how I am getting soft and loosing my manhood? These are guys who have been through it with women so trust me they know.

What, you don't have the next husband-ATM lined up yet? Come on, woman, get on it! ;)
Oh so busted! There are so many branches to swing to, so why be monogamous? Why in the world would I want to be monogamous to a man who loves our family more than life, who treats us like pure gold? Why wouldn't I want to branch swing around to all those jerks? Duh, an obvious decision. Banging jerks who can't love and picking up STIs is teh ultimate goal in life for wimmenz.
  • Like 1
  • Author
How long have your friends been happily married?

I could be that they suck at relationships.

Most of them have't been married but they have been cheated on in relationships and now claim they see women for what they really are and are worried that I was putting blinders on again.

Most of them have't been married but they have been cheated on in relationships and now claim they see women for what they really are and are worried that I was putting blinders on again.

BINGO!

They've never had a good relationship. They have no freaking clue.

You do. But you are going to screw it up BIG TIME if you keep listening to these guys.

They don't have to approve of your choices. As friends, they should STFU and respect your wife! And if they don't, they are NOT friends.

• Like 2
  • Author

BUt I can't deny that there is much truth to what they say when I look at typical marriage patterns these days.

TBF is actually admitting this but people call me paranoid.

Are you trolling? TBF is known to be in love with her husband, father of her two boys. She's messing with you, because she's been reading the same thread from you for a bazillion years now and she's tired of it.

Do you really not know that?

• Like 1
TBF is actually admitting this but people call me paranoid.
Yup, yup, expect to see me in the divorce/separated subforum. It's great to be a woman, the opportunity to bang so many jerks, in not enough time. :bunny:
  • Author
Are you trolling? TBF is known to be in love with her husband, father of her two boys. She's messing with you, because she's been reading the same thread from you for a bazillion years now and she's tired of it.

Do you really not know that?

A lot of truth is said in jest but maybe I am just being paranoid.

sweetjasmine

Do you also take medical advice from the 17 year old supermarket cashier?

If you're willing to destroy your relationship because some of your guy buddies telling you that you're not as manly is worth more to you than your wife, then you don't deserve her.

• Like 4
  • Author
Do you also take medical advice from the 17 year old supermarket cashier?

If you're willing to destroy your relationship because some of your guy buddies telling you that you're not as manly is worth more to you than your wife, then you don't deserve her.

I take advice from people who have been there. One of my friends was cheated on three time in a row by three different women and now he proudly uses women as play things.

sweetjasmine
I take advice from people who have been there.

So you're taking advice from married men who have been in a happy marriage as long as you have.

One of my friends was cheated on three time in a row by three different women and now he proudly uses women as play things.

Divorce your wife and proudly use women as play things. Isn't that what you really want? Isn't that what being manly is all about?

• Author
So you're taking advice from married men who have been in a happy marriage as long as you have.

Divorce your wife and proudly use women as play things. Isn't that what you really want? Isn't that what being manly is all about?

I don't know what to think. I was really happy these past few months but my friend that when a man is truly and at his most loving towards woman is when she strikes. I don't know what to think anymore. If things could have stayed the way they were the first of this year it would have been great but I don't want what I am told will be the inevitable crash.

I don't know what to think. I was really happy these past few months but my friend that when a man is truly and at his most loving towards woman is when she strikes. I don't know what to think anymore. If things could have stayed the way they were the first of this year it would have been great but I don't want what I am told will be the inevitable crash.

Listen to the words your friend uses: she strikes. What is she, a snake?

Have you met these women? Did you see the progression of the relationship? Do you really know what happened? Do you really know that he picked good women?

Regardless you already experienced the time he is referring to. You've experienced happy, loving times together. She hasn't morphed into a snake and turned on you. For god sake, she's proven herself to you. What will be enough? Can she ever be good enough to earn your trust?

Honestly, she deserves better :(

• Like 1
  • Author

I'm just torn. I want to be the way I was the first half of this year but what If I was just lying to myself. When it seems that most women who are married just despise their husbands am I not supposed to be scared? Maybe there are plenty of happy marriages and relationships and I just don't see them.

That is what this is about. I am scared and frightened that would I have can all come crashing down.

So you listen to men who are bitter and with a low opinion of women and then somehow twist that into it being the women who are bitter and unhappy with men. Cool. Not.

If you want to destroy your wife's love in you, you are absolutely going about it the right way.

• Like 2