Is it possible for women to stay happy in long term marriages?

sweetjasmine
No but I read so many things on the internet from places like here, Daily Mail and others and if there is one thing women really seem to hate it's being married to their husbands.

I guess you can't argue with crazy.

Woggle, just go ahead and divorce your wife and spent the rest of your life reading the Daily Mail. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Author
I guess you can't argue with crazy.

Woggle, just go ahead and divorce your wife and spent the rest of your life reading the Daily Mail. :rolleyes:

I don't want to do that.

miss_jaclynrae

Yes.

My parents, married for 26 years now and are very happy.

Same with my aunt and uncle, they are disgustingly cute and have been married for 11 years now.

They all had their rough times, but ultimately very happy.

What's going on? Are you guys having problems?!?

But 70% of divorces are initiated by women and when you talk to most married women there is usually a general sense of discontent and restlessness.

Because women's expectations for husbands are 20,000 miles high while men have no choice but to accept low standards since women have all the power--especially when children are in the picture.

miss_jaclynrae
But 70% of divorces are initiated by women and when you talk to most married women there is usually a general sense of discontent and restlessness.

I think this is a ridiculous thing to use as proof.

When the say 70% of women file, that means that they went to a courthouse and started the process. WHY is something you have no idea. I technically initiated my divorce, but it was because he was lagging on it and he was abusive.

So keep in mind, just because the woman legally starts the process, doesn't mean she initiated the divorce.

• Like 1

When the say 70% of women file, that means that they went to a courthouse and started the process. WHY is something you have no idea.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Woggle, what if 90% of these women who are filing for divorce are doing so because they caught their husband cheating? Who is to blame for the divorce now? You are making HUGE assumptions as to the *why* women are filing for divorce more than men...

Does that make a difference?

You are totally doing the Male/Female war again and I am glad others are calling you on it.

• Like 2
Is it possible for women to stay happy in long term marriages?

As 'happiness' changes over one's lifetime, indeed it is possible for anyone to remain 'happy' in a long-term (decades) marriage. Their definition of how they feel when happy may change markedly at middle age from that of youth, but the word, and the feeling, are still valid for them.

As your wife is nearly 50, she'd be a great person to ask about this. Good luck.

Do you think your wife is happy with you?

You're a bigger woman hater than the freaking trolls on this site who just wanna cause a stir.

What does it say about a woman who marries a guy who basically despises women and thinks the absolute WORST about the majority of them..?

When the say 70% of women file, that means that they went to a courthouse and started the process. WHY is something you have no idea. I technically initiated my divorce, but it was because he was lagging on it and he was abusive

This is actually an accurate statistic. I'm not sure if that means the women are literally filing the paperwork, but 65% - 70% of the marriages ending today, are because the woman has decided to end the marriage.

I understand Woggles question and I agree that there are a lot of unhappy married women out there.

I think marriage can be very disappointing when it doesn't live up to one's expectations. That said, I think the expectations going into marriages are largely unrealistic.

• Like 1

Stating facts he read doesn't make him a woman hater. With no fault marriage laws it's easier to end marriages. People are just not into working things out they rather end things. Of course he's only seeing one side of things. But with the feminism movement one can't say that relationship haven't changed.

• Like 1
I think marriage can be very disappointing when it doesn't live up to one's expectations. That said, I think the expectations going into marriages are largely unrealistic.

Yes, but they also know there ARE plenty of men who are willing to put up with their largely unrealistic expectations. This is because, again, women hold the power legally from a family standpoint in America. Until that changes, women will, necessarily, be the ones who initiate most of the divorces. Why would men when they know they're going to get screwed--even if it's 100% their wives fault? Think about it.

When the say 70% of women file, that means that they went to a courthouse and started the process. WHY is something you have no idea. I technically initiated my divorce, but it was because he was lagging on it and he was abusive.

So keep in mind, just because the woman legally starts the process, doesn't mean she initiated the divorce.

This has been said countless times to Woggle over the years and he always chooses to ignore it. What you said here goes against what Woggle chooses to believe.

Woggle we should be asking if it is possible for YOU to stay happy in a long term marriage.

• Like 4

Woggle we should be asking if it is possible for YOU to stay happy in a long term marriage.

BRILLIANT, Pyro!

Woggle - you need not be worried about that 70% demographic. All you need worry about is you and your wife, right?

• Like 1
  • Author
Do you think your wife is happy with you?

You're a bigger woman hater than the freaking trolls on this site who just wanna cause a stir.

What does it say about a woman who marries a guy who basically despises women and thinks the absolute WORST about the majority of them..?

I don't despise women. I am just asking a question based on things that I see.

I am just asking a question based on things that I see.

To what end?

You KNOW what types of responses you are going to get -- what sort of answers are you truly looking for in posing these questions?

• Author
To what end?

You KNOW what types of responses you are going to get -- what sort of answers are you truly looking for in posing these questions?

Maybe sometimes I just need reassurance that most women don't complete hate us because it sure seems like it sometimes.

Maybe sometimes I just need reassurance that most women don't complete hate us because it sure seems like it sometimes.

Aha! So you admit it... You have that creeping suspicion that we Females actually despise the Male race (and vice-versa?)

C'mon, Wog, please cuddle up to your wife, watch a feel-good flick, and know in your heart-of-hearts that most of us are good and mean well.

• Like 1
  • Author
Aha! So you admit it... You have that creeping suspicion that we Females actually despise the Male race (and vice-versa?)

C'mon, Wog, please cuddle up to your wife, watch a feel-good flick, and know in your heart-of-hearts that most of us are good and mean well.

I will be honest and say that I do which is why it is so hard to move on. It is hard to feel good feelings towards people you suspect hate you. I admit that I might be wrong but that is what drives much of my issues.

miss_jaclynrae

I will be honest and say that I do which is why it is so hard to move on. It is hard to feel good feelings towards people you suspect hate you. I admit that I might be wrong but that is what drives much of my issues.

Do you think your wife hates you?

• Author
No, every woman cuts and runs. It is our nature, not to be monogamous.

You even admit it yet you call me insecure.

You even admit it yet you call me insecure.

Oh please Woggle. You know tbf was not being serious. You really are after twisting everything to suit your agenda.

• Like 1
Untouchable_Fire
I know this is a provocative title but I knew no other way to put it. It seems that many women after a while just don't have any feelings for their husband anymore. That is why you see so many divorces after the kids have left where the woman dumps her husband. Even the marriages that do stay together the women seem to just stay out of security and dont really have that in love feeling anymore.

Are there are any women after being married for a long time that still have in love feeling and would still marry him in a heartbeat or do most just eventually fall out of love?

I think this is a perfectly valid question... yet one that has seemingly evoked an entirely emotional and irrational response due to your history with this issue.

I would say that women who fall out of love with their spouse are only a small percentage ahead of men who do likewise.

From my experience with relationships... many women enter into a relationship thinking they will be able to change the parts of me they don't like. I on the other hand have always accepted the bumps and warts of others. I think it likely that more women than men become frustrated and unhappy long term when they are unable to force their man to be what they want.

Men on the other hand don't stop loving... they most often just get bored.

THAT'S because most men simply don't have the balls to make such a major move. They don't want to be seen as a 'failure.' They're afraid of being on their own and having to wipe their own a*sses because they're so used to having a "mommy" to take care of them. They don't want to be weekend daddies. They're afraid of what it would mean for them financially in the case of a divorce.

THAT'S why most men don't file for divorce. Women, on the other hand, will do it because when they're done, they're done - and most are not petrified to move forward when it's the best course of action.

If you want to interpret that as WOMEN being the ones to fall out of love, go right ahead. But what it really mostly is, is women having more guts than men to DO something about the dead horse.

The statistic is very meaningful, but not in the way you intend it to be.

Initiating divorce doesn't show who stopped loving who or why. It shows who has the greatest financial incentive to stand in front of a judge. People typically follow their incentives.

Even in cases where it isn't true... men feel very disadvantaged in the divorce process. Heck, last year after 4 years of divorce hell... some dude lit himself ablaze on the courthouse steps. Some situations can get THAT bad.

Technically my xWife filed for divorce, despite the fact that I drew up all the paperwork and she stopped responding to the process after 1 week. Why? Because she had control of our finances and was the only one who could pay for a lawyer. I expect many situations to be similar. I don't think divorce initiation is a good indicator of who fell out of love.

• Like 1
  • Author
THAT'S because most men simply don't have the balls to make such a major move. They don't want to be seen as a 'failure.' They're afraid of being on their own and having to wipe their own a*sses because they're so used to having a "mommy" to take care of them. They don't want to be weekend daddies. They're afraid of what it would mean for them financially in the case of a divorce.

THAT'S why most men don't file for divorce. Women, on the other hand, will do it because when they're done, they're done - and most are not petrified to move forward when it's the best course of action.

If you want to interpret that as WOMEN being the ones to fall out of love, go right ahead. But what it really mostly is, is women having more guts than men to DO something about the dead horse.

Maybe it also means that men tend not to think a marriage is dead if it isn't some happily ever after fairytale that only exists in fantasies.

Oh please Woggle. You know tbf was not being serious. You really are after twisting everything to suit your agenda.
Arguing with obsessives is an exercise in futility. So I agree with them for my own entertainment. :p
  • Like 2