I'm So Destroyed

murphomatic

• Author
I read your story from the beginning,you have come a long way congrats,sorry you had to go through such hell.im a bs I know your pain,you seem like such a kind person,and the kitty in your pic is very cute im an animal lover and know that they can be so comforting when your in pain,im glad you have moved on and found a nice wonderful person,i wish you much happiness
Yeah, my kitty was definitely my best buddy through some of the worst of it. It's amazing what animals can pick up and sense.

His name was Turbo (but I called him "Burto"), I had him ever since he was a palm-sized, runt of a kitten. Almost 13 years. Sadly, he died back on 5/14/2014. :( Apparently cancer had been brewing in him for some time, but it seemed as though he stuck through it long enough to make sure I was okay before he succumbed to it. He was the best.

I miss him beyond words. :'(

• Like 4
Yeah, my kitty was definitely my best buddy through some of the worst of it. It's amazing what animals can pick up and sense.

His name was Turbo (but I called him "Burto"), I had him ever since he was a palm-sized, runt of a kitten. Almost 13 years. Sadly, he died back on 5/14/2014. :( Apparently cancer had been brewing in him for some time, but it seemed as though he stuck through it long enough to make sure I was okay before he succumbed to it. He was the best.

I too had a cat that helped me through my divorce(Daisy), I didn't name her. She attacked the first woman I had sex with when my divorce was finalized. She dug both of her claws into her rear while she was on top. Shocked me but not as much as Veronica was. Makes me laugh when I think of it now.

• Like 3
10thengineerharrison

Forget about the ex. You should see his new squeeze. Such a cutie!!:D

-10th Engineer Harrison

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 3
thirtysomethingteen

So sorry about the loss of your buddy. :-( I've been blessed enough to have always had cats in my life and I fully believe that he held on for long enough to see you through your heartbreak before letting go. I don't care what anyone says, cats are amongst the most compassionate creatures on the planet.

Okay, need to stop, tearing up now...damn pregnancy horomones.

• Like 3

murph, I had to go back and re watch the video of them crossing the finish line again. Two things I never noticed before. It is your ex wife that grabs his hand and holds it above their heads as they cross the line united(she is definitely the aggressor), he runs swishy, side to side like he's dogging unicorns. Ya his shirt is off but he runs like Tinkerbelle.

• Like 1
  • Author
murph, I had to go back and re watch the video of them crossing the finish line again. Two things I never noticed before. It is your ex wife that grabs his hand and holds it above their heads as they cross the line united(she is definitely the aggressor), he runs swishy, side to side like he's dogging unicorns. Ya his shirt is off but he runs like Tinkerbelle.
LOL - that's hilarious. That's a good point - she's definitely the aggressor. I'm almost positive that she solicited him when it came to the affair she had with him. I don't understand her methods or motives. Perhaps she has some crazy desire to prove to herself that she can take what she wants whenever she wants it? Perhaps she truly didn't want to be married to me, and rather than step up like an adult and discuss her concerns with me, she elected to engage in behavior she knew I'd find unforgivable? I don't know ... I have all sorts of questions around that stuff, but they'll likely never have answers. I DO know that so many people have heard from her that I was a terribly oppressive and controlling person who never let her do anything she wanted, and that I had bad drug habits, etc. (all if which are all bald-faced lies - I've never had a drug habit, and I wrote my paycheck over to the woman every month and gave her carte-blanche with the money. Hardly the behavior of a domineering husband). For some reason though, she felt it necessary to build a case against me with her friends and support network, and then engage in behaviors to push me out of her life.

An interesting thing I reflect on sometimes ... the friends that she primarily complained to about her "terrible husband" were people she never really let me get close to or become part of my life as well. These friends of hers she kept largely on the periphery of our life as husband/wife, and when she engaged with them - it was always painted as a "ladies only" kind of thing...which I always supported because I wanted my wife to enjoy her life and her friends and I didn't want to deny her anything. I guess it all made sense when everything blew up and suddenly these people thought of me as a terrible person (and didn't hesitate to let me know). I couldn't defend myself fast enough...it was truly amazing. She set the whole thing up and had been setting it up ever since before we actually got married. Very bizarre.

She's involved now with her 3rd or 4th partner since the demise of our marriage. He apparently has a couple kids of his own. More lives to wreck at her pleasure I guess. I hope she pulls it together and manages to become a halfway decent human being for the sake of the new children in her life now.

Unbelievable.

Perhaps she has some crazy desire to prove to herself that she can take what she wants whenever she wants it?

That was probably her mind in highschool. But the older they get, the more they change - especially when she doesn't look "flawless" anymore due to age, chances are she's just going to pick out the weak men and use them for her needs.

• Like 1
  • Author
That was probably her mind in highschool. But the older they get, the more they change - especially when she doesn't look "flawless" anymore due to age, chances are she's just going to pick out the weak men and use them for her needs.

I don't think she has figured that out yet....the knowledge that she is aging. I know it was her MO in high school ... As it turns out, it's a pretty small world and I know people who knew her in high school ... Apparently she had a reputation on par with that of a New York streetwalker. Somehow I'm not shocked.... I wish I would've had this knowledge prior to marrying her...but who knows if I would've listened anyway?

Life is strange and carries on despite all the oddities. Someday she'll wake up and I hope she finally feels all the guilt and emotion due to her from all the destruction she's left in her wake. She at least deserves that much.

murph, you've come a long way. I'm really proud of you. And I'm so sorry about Turbo. :(

What do you think about giving another kitty a second chance at life this Christmas? A lady at our local shelter told us people always adopt puppies, and even dogs, but hardly anyone adopts kittens and cats.

• Author

Hey Turnera - I actually did get another black kitty just this last month. It's funny how much she reminds me of Turbo. She was at a local shelter that the admin of my office volunteers for, and she seemed like she needed a good home...so now she's here. :)

I love dogs, but have always been more of a cat person...they're not so co-dependent. :)

Thanks for your kind words. Have a merry Christmas!

• Like 3
thirtysomethingteen
Hey Turnera - I actually did get another black kitty just this last month. It's funny how much she reminds me of Turbo. She was at a local shelter that the admin of my office volunteers for, and she seemed like she needed a good home...so now she's here. :)

I love dogs, but have always been more of a cat person...they're not so co-dependent. :)

Thanks for your kind words. Have a merry Christmas!

That's so great murph, congrats on your new addition! And I'm sure you already know this, but black cats are often the last to be adopted out (stupid, I know, I have one solid black boy myself!) so you've done a wonderful thing by giving your new girl a loving home.

And I bet she brings you 3x the happiness your crappy xwife ever did. ;-)

• Like 1
The shirtless guy she crossed the finish line with in Missoula, MT back in July of 2013 was her affair partner. I've never had any contact with him aside from a brief FB message where I thanked him for fncking my wife, and let him know she would be all his once she signed the divorce papers. I also gave him fair warning that she was going to work him like a mule. He didn't last long - his duration was end of April 2013 - August 2013. The boyfriend I had the lengthy conversation with - she started seeing in late August of 2013 and they didn't officially call themselves a couple until 12/2/2013 - the day of our divorce. He lasted until March of 2014. Funny thing - he sent me another message a few days ago. He was unpacking Christmas decorations to gear up for the season and as it turned out, she walked away with half of his stuff back in March. Poor guy ... decorations and stuff he had from his childhood that had nothing to do with her. She's insane.

No worries. I haven't put anything out there that I would have trouble with people finding, so not inappropriate at all. I keep most of my stuff locked down pretty tightly, but I really don't have a bunch of skeletons in my closet - I'm just not THAT interesting of a dude. LOL.

I share the sentiment of sorrow for the kids here as well. It's going to be a tough row to hoe for those kiddos as they try to see out from underneath all the scarring courtesy of their psychotic mother. Her son will likely never trust a woman in his life, and her daughter has likely become a complete monster in the image of her mother. Frightening, really.

I feel bad for the kids and I wish things could've been different for their sake .. however I love my life now and I love the lady I'm with. They say the best revenge is a life well-lived.

Well, I am living quite well. :D

S

Sorry you went through all this - you are a great guy and deserve to be happy! Glad you have found someone better!

R

• Like 2