I'm So Destroyed

murphomatic

You knew this was coming - I mentioned it in this thread I believe. If your imagination is lacking I can spell out worse she could do....get mean murph hit hard.

You said you had a pitbull lawyer.... time for a new one? You said she had no money for a fight - how is she beating your high priced lawyer?

I am being a bit hard on you - so you will fight back.

Edited by dichotomy
  • Like 1
  • Author

I imagine that she can afford a great attorney with the size of the tax refund she got.

But yeah.. I need to hit back.. and I will.

I imagine that she can afford a great attorney with the size of the tax refund she got.

But yeah.. I need to hit back.. and I will.

Part of war is hitting the enemy with things that will have no specific gain in territory but serve to shock scare and wear down their will to fight. You will have to do things you find difficult and your lawyer will say will not yield legal results. At this point you need to covey to you lawyer hit with all tactics to impress you ex your not going to sit and take it. The kids mental state and your wife's fitness as a parent should now be put in play as she is doing it to you.

Edited by dichotomy
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

The kids had an attorney appointed ... they both told the attorney they didn't want me to be a part of their lives.

That story is over now. Nothing to fight for there.

We had our preliminary/status-check trial yesterday. My STBXW is stating that my paychecks and profit sharing bonuses should be considered "marital assets" that she is entitled to half of. The judge said what she did by filing the taxes without me, and sticking me with the bill was something she would pay for - so we should call it a wash and settle this case. I'm looking at a $7000 tax bill for 2012. All in all, this is going to cost me a total of $16,000 to be free of this nightmare.

...and this is my reward for being a loving and supportive husband.

Karma is a myth, and the fairy tale of marriage is a joke.

The kids had an attorney appointed ... they both told the attorney they didn't want me to be a part of their lives.

That story is over now. Nothing to fight for there.

We had our preliminary/status-check trial yesterday. My STBXW is stating that my paychecks and profit sharing bonuses should be considered "marital assets" that she is entitled to half of. The judge said what she did by filing the taxes without me, and sticking me with the bill was something she would pay for - so we should call it a wash and settle this case. I'm looking at a $7000 tax bill for 2012. All in all, this is going to cost me a total of $16,000 to be free of this nightmare.

...and this is my reward for being a loving and supportive husband.

Karma is a myth, and the fairy tale of marriage is a joke.

Murph, you are still my hero.

Reading your story had a ton of similarities and it really helped me through my difficult times (not that they are over yet).

I'm in a similar boat financially but I'm just looking at it as the cost to end it. Once I'm up to my neck in debt, I'll figure out a way to keep on living.

And trust me. Karma is everywhere. It always does what it is supposed to do.

• Author

Hey RightThere - hang in there, man. It gets better... so I'm told. I'm still waiting for it to get better. The heartache is gone now ... I don't miss my wife because I see her for the intensely evil person that she is .. so that's a plus.

Now, I'm just left wondering how much the courts are going to allow her to bleed me for. It's truly amazing how she can just reach into my pockets and take what she wants.

I hope she drives off a cliff.

• Like 2

Wait a minute Murph. The courts can't change what the IRS did. But the IRS commonly receives more information after refunds are sent and then bills the person who misfiled for the refund. My daughters Dad claimed her as a dependent even though she never lived with him. He filed his taxes first , so my claim was denied.

But they fixed it all because I met all of the qualifications to claim her and because we had no agreement in writing stating that he could claim her.

I didn't read all of the posts , but if she claimed an earned income credit that she was not entitled to because you contributed , they will nail her.

The IRS operates in retro, so that's nothing.

• Like 2
Hey RightThere - hang in there, man. It gets better... so I'm told. I'm still waiting for it to get better. The heartache is gone now ... I don't miss my wife because I see her for the intensely evil person that she is .. so that's a plus.

Now, I'm just left wondering how much the courts are going to allow her to bleed me for. It's truly amazing how she can just reach into my pockets and take what she wants.

I hope she drives off a cliff.

When you file your paperwork with the courts - state clearly that you don't not end to pay her!

And ask the court to overturn her taxes she filed - to show that you WERE married then and she needed to file for those years differently than she filed. Tell the court that she HAD your income during those years and that you supported those kids and deserve the write off.

And if she wants more money every month - she should earn the money HERSELF!

• Like 1
Wait a minute Murph. The courts can't change what the IRS did. But the IRS commonly receives more information after refunds are sent and then bills the person who misfiled for the refund. My daughters Dad claimed her as a dependent even though she never lived with him. He filed his taxes first , so my claim was denied.

But they fixed it all because I met all of the qualifications to claim her and because we had no agreement in writing stating that he could claim her.

I didn't read all of the posts , but if she claimed an earned income credit that she was not entitled to because you contributed , they will nail her.

The IRS operates in retro, so that's nothing.

The IRS is the living embodiment of karma....trust me on this Murph!:) Make a phone call and ask a question or two....if it helps you in the D action.

• Like 1

So are you simply looking at a one time settlement - or is she going for some sort of additional on going support?

If 16 grand is all it costs you and you are done - consider yourself lucky.

I am so sorry about the kids.

miguelcervantes
Just a quick update..

We had mediation, which failed as expected. She's in this for the fight. I recently got copies of letter the kids wrote to the judge requesting that they be appointed counsel...and claiming I'm a mean and dangerous person that they never want to see again.

Wife also filed her taxes as married - separate. Claimed the kids as dependents and got a huge refund due to her lack of income. I'm screwed and will owe the IRS a ton of cash because I can't claim the kids now, but taxes were withheld from my checks as though I was supporting a family of 4. I'm not sure what my next move is...she plays dirty and I'm having a hard time keeping up because I don't play dirty..or really even know how to. I just keep thinking "wow...this is my reward for being a stand-up guy. How nice."

Sorry to hear this. I have been following your thread for a while. How did it get to this state with the kids ? I thought you had a good relationship with them and was going to set up accounts for them to access. What happened ? Did she poison them against you ? She is a real low life and you are well rid of her.

• Author

Yeah.. The kids were poisoned against me.

Apparently she's allowed to file her taxes as married - separate, although the court will rule in my favor that she owes me approximately $8k for doing that. Which washes with the $8k she is demanded as half of my recent bonus.

Apparently I have to just grab my ankles and take it.

Reviewing strategies with my attorney on Monday.

You can file papers with the court that states she has no right to your earnings - and show that she's capable of earning her own money.

miguelcervantes

I wish you good luck with your attorney and also rapid healing. She is a truly awful person and the sooner you put some distance between you and her the better.

painfullyobvious
I'd put the post back up on her FB page. She did it - just state her evidence...that's truth.

Post her nasty pics too, she wasn't embarrassed to send them to him - so show them to all her friends on her page.

Fair since she's trying to blame you for her bad behavior. Not cool - so give her consequences with her own information.

Post it on your Facebook page but tag her. That way she cannot remove it completely.

• 1 month later...
  • Author

As of 10am on 12/2 - I was officially divorced. In the end, she profited and I paid.. I don't get to see the kids. At this point - that life is over and gone.

On to brighter days..

Everyone here - thank you so much for all of your care and support. This is a really amazing community and I'm grateful for it!

• Like 2

Live well, be happy and successful, she was just a bump on your road to a life full of rewards. They hate it when your happy without them. May she be blessed with a 1000 pulled hamstrings and maybe a little Entamoeba Histolytica. Congratulations.

• Like 1

Well, at least you don't have to pay child support. But, please tell me you don't have to pay this bitch alimony.

Yeah, you might have taken a finical hit, but that's only a temporary set back. After all the hell you went through with discovering everything that you did, I'm sure you'd pay anything to walk away from this nightmare.

• Like 1

I am sure its a hard day for you but know there are much better women out there. Your xW was just like mine. She cheated the whole time and never took responsibility for anything. Its been six years from the divorce and she still deny's ever cheating on me. I laugh and call her an idiot.

Don't think that karma is not there. The guy my xW cheated on me with the last time she is still with. Since then I have remarried. My wife seen my xW hanging all over a guy that was not the OM she is with. Little does he realize he is home today while she is fxxxing someone else. lol

If I could have taken a picture of her with the new OM I would have hand delivered it to the one she cheated on me with.

I would love loved to see the look on his face. I am sure it will show in time. My kids also tell me she is taking her cell in the bathroom with her now even when she is taking a shower.

Trust me your x will get hers you can only hope like I do I get to be there to see it.

Clay

• Like 2