Consolidated discussion - In dating/relationships, my gender has a much harder time

Truthsayer
And exactly where did I say these men were bad people or diseased?

Here

I'd be reluctant to dat someone who's never had a relationship too. You learn things from a relationship that goes bad.

In my early 20s I didn't mind but seeing as I'm currently dating men in their 30s - I'd be seriously worried if one told me they never had a serious relationship.

^Thats your opinion but you kind of look down upon the less fortunate.

and here

And that probably happens because at some point, we don't want to be stuck with an inexperienced man who might very well be desperate and who complains all the time that he's not getting any.

I've already spoken at length about this, but ere, it seems as if ill have to say it again. If a woman consistently finds herself in situations where she supposedly can't find a "right partner", is constantly being pumped and dumped, is constantly being shelved as a FWB partner, then that is something they will have to work on. Some introspection should be required, such as "how am I portraying myself to potential romantic partners?" What baffles the mind is how there are so many men willing to give women what they want. Men that will throw it all away on a dime (career, friends, family, plans) in order to be with a woman and alleviate her loneliness. If you find yourself " not attracted" or "lacking chemistry" with these types of men, then that's on you. It's no one else's fault. If you are meeting, going on dates, and having sex with vast swaths of men and can't convert not even one of them to something deeper, then you might want to ask yourself what YOUR problem is.

Maleficent
Here

^Thats your opinion but you kind of look down upon the less fortunate.

and here

...Well I didn't say they were bad people nor diseased. Just that I'd have reservation dating one.

Just like some people don't want to dated cause I'm covered in tattoos or people who don't want to date single parents.

I don't *have* to give anyone a chance just because they're asking for one.

that not the issues, my problem with some women on these sites, are the fact, they try making it look like, they have such hardship, like we are suppose to feel so sorry for them, oh boo, hoo, You didn't find the perfect man, oh no man will commit to you, oh wow. But at least you get a consulation prize, yeah, you still get sex.

I don't really care how much sex a woman has, or a man for that matter.

But please, don't pretend that everything is so tough.

women on these site, they whine and complain, whine, whine, whine.

Like being spolied,''I got second place'' but ''didn't get first, feel sorry for me'' at least when men complain that actual have real reason, they get nothing, no sex, no love, no kiss, no date, nothing.

That's not a consolation prize. Women don't see easy sex as a prize. We don't see it as a signal of our worth. At best, it means nothing. At worst, it feels gross to have a man want to f*uck you and nothing else. How is being a hole for a penis, a masturbatory aid a prize? :confused:

Repeating my request for a consolidated 'Men have it easier than women in dating' thread. :(

C'mon, mods. The 'Who pays' consolidated thread was the best thing around LS since sliced bread. This may well take over as the next best thing!

Maleficent

well I haven't been here for long. But seeing how some people on here reply to people who come here with relationship problems, I'm not surprised you people have trouble keeping dates.

Everyone is in such a hurry to tell the OP that he boyfriend or his girlfriend is an ass...

serial muse
well,maybe not every single women out there. But the one Im talking are the one who choice to have sex, and then whine, whine, whine, how they can't find a perfect man or perfect relationship. they are choosing to sleep with guys for crying out loud.when a women don't care for sex, she wouldn't sleep with guys all the time, sheesh.

Look, you also don't have to read their posts.

Truthsayer
...Well I didn't say they were bad people nor diseased. Just that I'd have reservation dating one.

Just like some people don't want to dated cause I'm covered in tattoos or people who don't want to date single parents.

I don't *have* to give anyone a chance just because they're asking for one.

In some way shape or form if you won't give someone a chance to date you, then you kind of see them as bad people.

sillyanswer
but yet many of you gals

have a FWB, or can still go out and get laid. or still get dates ( maybe short and doesn't lead any where) but come on, you ladies don't have it that bad.

If the women have it so easy, why aren't they choosing you?

Maleficent
In some way shape or form if you won't give someone a chance to date you, then you kind of see them as bad people.

Sure. You probably know better than me what is going on in my head...

If the women have it so easy, why aren't they choosing you?

I'm a male and I can see why females don't go for the OP.

I don't blame them either.

sillyanswer
I'm a male and I can see why females don't go for the OP.

I don't blame them either.

Sure, and I'd probably agree with you, but I'm still curious what the OP thinks about it. :)

ThaWholigan
I beg for consolidation! Gender neutral! Then whenever anybody needs a fix about how much better one sex has it than another, they'll know exactly where to turn!

Praise the Lord, it's been done :D

Due to postings from a couple of banned members, some responses have been deleted. Also, this thread is now part of our consolidated discussion threads and is currently pinned in GRD. If the head moderator approves, it will remain. Carry on.

MrNate 2.0

Finally, this exists. Now all the whining is consolidated in this thread at least.

So since it's not enough to say both genders have their perks in dating... exactly how do women have it so much better? Since no one really pays attention to their complaints about their terrible options or anything.

Well that was interesting. At first i was empathizing with bluetoast then he got angry and i differentiated myself from him though he didn't seem to notice/care. Seems like i am partially responsible for this rage fest. Sorry folks.

Mme. Chaucer

I think that women have it so much better in dating because we have a much more diverse range of outfits, hair styles, fragrances, make up statements, shoes, and all that stuff to select from when getting ready than men do.

I mean, men could wear a dress, a french twist, wedgies with ankle straps or whatever, but it is MUCH much easier for women to avail ourselves of all these choices.

ThaWholigan
I never said all women. this is not about me, at all.

even if I got a girlfriend, I be saying the same damn thing.

So essentially its a pointless argument designed for antagonism.

Cool.

ThaWholigan
um, let see on one side we have a group of women that has a good amount of sex partner, a fwb, and some ex boyfriend on side

vs a bunch a guys, who have never kissed a girl , now who has it's tougher.

according to people logic here, both have it just as hard. Because a women who sleeps with 20 guys is somehow the same as a guy ( and lady) who never done anything with no one.

I don't deny that there are women who do struggle, and can't get dates, can't get nothing, but I am not talking about struggling women at all,folks, get that in your little heads. I am talking about women who don't even come close to dating problem, but yet goes around complaining, how bad they have it, and how they have it just as bad as the men I said above.

Now do you people understand,yet?

Nobody is making comparisons on who have it harder except for you and a few other guys.

Truthsayer
Nobody is making comparisons on who have it harder except for you and a few other guys.

This is the my gender has a much harder time thread.

Mme. Chaucer
um, let see on one side we have a group of women that has a good amount of sex partner, a fwb, and some ex boyfriend on side

Really? Please point me to this "bunch of women." I haven't seen them.

How would you know, anyway?

vs a bunch a guys, who have never kissed a girl

Besides the absolute fact that you have NO idea about what makes people happy or unhappy, except for yourself, and especially not "women" (since I bet you don't really know any at all), only YOU and about 4 other guys are interested in this "vs" angle on the subject.

It's not a competition for misery. Did you not know this?

And whether man or woman, the most miserable, self pitying one of all is not going to win any prize. They'll just be the biggest loser.

If you want to talk about YOUR struggles, I'm sure you'd find many a shoulder to cry on here and words of encouragement and support. But "women have it easy" is only going to earn you scorn.

ThaWholigan
This is the my gender has a much harder time thread.

It was made gender neutral by the mods to avoid unnecessary singling out, but the only reason it was made is because of the guys who are complaining about how hard they have it compared to women.

Where would they be???

I'm not feeling like a victim today, but when I am, I'll be back to claim my tiara.

ThaWholigan
I am talking about promiscuous women, who whine, whine,whine.

NOT ALL WOMEN.

Well where are those women?

ThaWholigan
at bars and nightclubs are popular area for them.

Why did you not specify that's where you saw them? You didn't realize that the way you came across in the first place made it seem you were referring to actual posters here?

Be specific.