Mme. Chaucer

So are you postponing your overseas vacation now?

UpwardForward
So are you postponing your overseas vacation now?

It's my understanding, job w Indian family is temporary. Then the trip overseas. And Leigh to find out if second family's nanny will stay until Leigh's return. Right Leigh?

Forever Learning
I GOT THE JOB.

I am to move hours away, to live witj a REALLY nice family, in their hotel and pub.

I'll be working behind the bar, and helping the mother look after her young child as well as her newborn that will arrive literally just ad I arrive to begin the job.

I will be study online part time, while I will try to get as many shifts at the bar as possible.

As little as a month ago, I was living with the guy who I thought I was going to marry. I could nit even I imagine being apart from him.

Now, I will be moving well away from him and our old life together.

He always allude to wanting to see me again after my trip to try to see if we could work

things out. He was definitely not wanting the break up to be forever.

Now I cam not only cut him off, but there will be no temptation to go and see him and my dogs. It is hard when I drive near them.... it feels bad to not turn into their road to see them.

I'm SO happy.

I get to not only work towards my degree, but to save money whilst doing it.

And- I got that job last night where a nice Indian family wamt me to help them iron, clean up kids toys amd look after their kids. I get to do that in the meanwhile, once or twice a week.

Lots of changes in a short amount of time Leigh! Hang in there and roll with it. Good luck with it all. Remember, it's just life. Life is weird. You might have a great experience with all this, one never knows. I do wish you well! I like it when you're happy. Give it a go and see how it goes! You can always quit if it's not working out, this is not set in stone. Best of luck, keep us posted! ;)

• Author

I go overseas for a month, and as soon as I get back, I move.

I will move to a small town, and live in a hotel/pub owned by a really nice couple, who also need me to help look after their kids (in addition to working behind the bar)

I will do Uni part time, online.

Before I leave for my overseas trip, which is in late June, I will occasionally help out with that nice Indian family (cleaning, ironing, their kids)

There is an Indian restaurant that also calls me up every few couple of weeks to do a shift there (they are cheap and try to not use waitresses, and rather, the owners and managers try to serve people)

I am hoping to save a few hundred for my travels before the trip.

My ex, who I am in low contact with (text only), was pretty upset about me leaving. Oh well, at least he can see that we need to both let go entirely.

He was like " well, I should come visit you there, in your new town"

Yeah right lol.

dreamingoftigers
I go overseas for a month, and as soon as I get back, I move.

I will move to a small town, and live in a hotel/pub owned by a really nice couple, who also need me to help look after their kids (in addition to working behind the bar)

I will do Uni part time, online.

Before I leave for my overseas trip, which is in late June, I will occasionally help out with that nice Indian family (cleaning, ironing, their kids)

There is an Indian restaurant that also calls me up every few couple of weeks to do a shift there (they are cheap and try to not use waitresses, and rather, the owners and managers try to serve people)

I am hoping to save a few hundred for my travels before the trip.

My ex, who I am in low contact with (text only), was pretty upset about me leaving. Oh well, at least he can see that we need to both let go entirely.

Yeah right lol.

My ex-fiancee dropped me six weeks before we were supposed to be married.

Months later he was still asking me to come to Ft. McMurray to see him.:rolleyes:

Yeah right lol.

His emotional state should be irrelevant to you. Keep moving on.
  • Author

*sigh* well we both felt that I needed time on my with with therapy. We both need to make some changes.

However, we cannot sit around and wait for each other to make the changes required that would enable us to be in a healthy relationship. And not just with each other! NO girl will tolerate some of the things he did (hookers, chatting online to girls)

We will both continue this destructive pattern irrespective of HOW in love we are with the new person, we are in that position.

Once he realises he wants to change and is willing to do it for a girl he really loves; if he decides that girl is me, I will have been NC and moved on, probably to another guy by then.

I wanted the job away from home so bad (and yes there is a psych in the town I am moving to), because it WAS my dream situation (to study part time and earn savings) but ALSO: it is a HUGE plus to get away from my ex and my dogs.

He alludes to.... you know. I just want us to move on and accept that yes I need to change, as does he; and we cannot wait around for each other to make the changes we need. We have to move on.

I have a gut feeling that after I move and am NC, I will not have heard the last of him.

He was pretty upset about me moving and he did mentioned visiting.

That is the reason NC will work in my favour.. I do not have to deal with his " this is not forever leigh 87" attitude. I will be able to move on, without thinking " well, he still acts the same way with me when we talka nd he still loves me the same way, he is not moving on so..."

I think moving away from him and implementing NC before the move will help us both to move on.

Don't give me crapp for not going NC yet, we ended on good terms and we do not gang onto hope when we both talk, it is not like that: our texts comfort each other really because we are both missing each other terribly.

I Know what I need to do with NC, I am just in the process of starting it soon.