He left me.

• Author

Omg that is very similar to why he left.

I also need to make this time about me. And work on my issues with a therapist.

He may or may not come back. That's the thing. He may genuinely get over his feelings for me sooner than I ever anticipated. Then at least I will be on my way to moving on.

Your lucky he came back. It means that he loved you so much that he wanted another shot at being with you.

Andrew may not love me enough to hold onto his feelings.

• 5 years later...
  • Author

TO all those out there who routinely visit loveshack due to a break up!

Just letting you all know that: IT GETS BETTER.

My ex was never in love with me, he was not the One and I ALWAYS had a gut feeling tat my purpose in his life was to care for him due to his mother suddenly passing, and the fact I am a bit "different" also drew him in.

Since this break up - I went on to date many times, and met men I was more into and more excited about than I ever was this bloke - I met men who were truly enamoured with me, and who found me instantly sexy - where as this particular ex of mine was never infatuated with me and never found me truly beautiful physically.

He was my first true heartbreak. I went on to be the next long bf I acquired, first heartbreak too.

IT GETS BETTER!

I couldn't breath after this threads guy broke up with me, but I soon realised that we were never going to be life partners, nor were we even soul mates (connection wise).

I cannot believe how my life has changed since this break up. Wow.

My fiance now had a genuine connection with me and now that I know what a true match should feel like, it makes sense to me that fiancee and I were able to overcome equally serious "issues" and stick together in the end; we loved each other truly, where as my ex and I never did. I loved him but not in the all encompassing healthy way; I was just go dependant on him is all, it was not real romantic love at all but was still a major person in my life's journey.

I do feel for people on here who DID meet a true connection (aka NOT my ex and I!), where you mutually adored one another and respected one another - and lost each other due to addiction or factors outside the relationships control.

I Just wanted to highlight that I went from acute, crippling pain from this threads guy, to entering into a whole new stage of my life where things DID GET BETTER!

So for those of you who feel like there is no way around a break up and that you just cannot live without a person - you WILL get over it.

I spent months bargaining with myself; I deluded myself fully and tried to fool people on here, but I was only ever projecting my own feelings and my own co dependence on another person who was no longer in love with me and likely never was.

I just cannot believe how such awful pain can just disappear and wanted you all to read how devastated I was after this break up, and how years later my life is a million times happier, and my relationship is just so much better than I ever felt with my ex from this thread.

Good luck to you all, and remember: it gets better!

• Author

Oh and my fiancee would never set foot in a brothel or even fathom doing that to me.

I am so ashamed of myself for having such low standards before. Ah well, he was my first long term BF in my 20s.

Cannot believe I ever thought I would marry him.

Honestly, what was I thinking:lmao:

Truly poly or open relationships are RARE, and only work when the girl is fully bisexual (of which I am not at all).

Learn from my mistakes women who feel desperately stuck and in love with the wrong man!

There are so many signs you ignore because you need to believe your own bullsh*t about how much your ex loves you:sick:

Oh and my fiancee would never set foot in a brothel or even fathom doing that to me.

I am so ashamed of myself for having such low standards before. Ah well, he was my first long term BF in my 20s.

Truly poly or open relationships are RARE, and only work when the girl is fully bisexual (of which I am not at all).

Learn from my mistakes women who feel desperately stuck and in love with the wrong man!

There are so many signs you ignore because you need to believe your own bullsh*t about how much your ex loves you:sick:

I know you are addressing women, but your advice applies to men as well, as we also make the same mistakes and can fall under the the trap of self-denial.

• Like 1

Oooh that's such a good feeling isn't it! I count the biggest luck in my life that the irresponsible ex that I was crying out loud here chose to end our relationship before something difficult to reverse happened:) My life completely changed for the better once he was gone, I was a shell of myself while with him, all the blood got back in my veins once he got away. I couldn't dream of better resolution. I'm sure stories like your and mine sound unfanthomable to people freshly breaking up but oooh life is SO much better out of a dead-end relationship...

• Author
Oooh that's such a good feeling isn't it! I count the biggest luck in my life that the irresponsible ex that I was crying out loud here chose to end our relationship before something difficult to reverse happened:) My life completely changed for the better once he was gone, I was a shell of myself while with him, all the blood got back in my veins once he got away. I couldn't dream of better resolution. I'm sure stories like your and mine sound unfanthomable to people freshly breaking up but oooh life is SO much better out of a dead-end relationship...

I am beyond happy at the break up with my ex it really taught me a lot.

I did learn from him that I needed to laugh a lot with a partner and find each other funny.

That's all I really learnt from it :lmao:

I am still astounded at how little self respect I carried around with me at that time.

It's embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Haha, funny thing happened!

Out of the blue I was contacted by a friend of my ex (who this thread was based on)...

The friend is a bit crazy so I humoured him and said "hi".

Before I blocked him, he said " hey, _____ is up to his own ways again, I no longer talk to him cos he hit up my ex over facebook".

Lol, It didn't surprise me. He has a fiance - my ex who this thread is based on met his fiance soon after me, over 4 years ago. I Have him on instagram and they look very well matched and happy so it is unfortunate if he did indeed, solicit facebook attention from other hot women.

It didn't make me feel better... You know, knowing he had a weak moment over facebook... his current fiance according to what he told me last time we spoke years ago, is a non drinker vegan type, super committed and anti cheating:sick: You can tell she absolutely adores him from their pictures.

I wonder why men do this:sick: