Gaining 3 inches in butt with Squats: Myth or Fact?

I've heard that you can gain 3 or more inches in your behind if you are resolute in your gluteal training. Is this true? I come from a family of flat butts so I have a very, very hard time imagining this for me lol :laugh:

But...I would like to hear your stories or experiences. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Author
Truth. I have voluptuous buttocks.

Haha but the real question is...did you have a flat butt to begin with?

If yes, then I am a believer. And of course, if I see photos lol :p

The problem with "you" is it might mean you, but it probably means someone else.

Someone with junk in the trunk will be more susceptible to gaining mass than a flat butt. It's all genetics.

One thing is for sure, exercise will improve your overall booty experience.

• Author
The problem with "you" is it might mean you, but it probably means someone else.

Someone with junk in the trunk will be more susceptible to gaining mass than a flat butt. It's all genetics.

One thing is for sure, exercise will improve your overall booty experience.

So. To summarize, you are saying that those with overall more fat in their butt will gain more inches than someone with little fat in their butt?

Haha but the real question is...did you have a flat butt to begin with?

If yes, then I am a believer. And of course, if I see photos lol :p

Yes, I did.

And I don't know if I have pictures of just my buttocks...

So. To summarize, you are saying that those with overall more fat in their butt will gain more inches than someone with little fat in their butt?

Indeed. You can do side bends or sit-ups, but you probably won't lose that butt.

Of course, having a flat butt means your gains will be more significant looking.

So, in closing, don't worry so much about inches as you do the look of the overall package...

Posting pics would be good :lmao: who'd complain?

I've heard that you can gain 3 or more inches in your behind if you are resolute in your gluteal training. Is this true? I come from a family of flat butts so I have a very, very hard time imagining this for me lol :laugh:

But...I would like to hear your stories or experiences. Thanks!

I've been focusing on my glutes for the last month and they have become noticeably bigger and rounder. I don't know how far it will go, will have more conclusive evidence after a couple of more months but it seems to me that squats and uphill running are worth it :)

• Like 3
  • Author
Indeed. You can do side bends or sit-ups, but you probably won't lose that butt.

Of course, having a flat butt means your gains will be more significant looking.

So, in closing, don't worry so much about inches as you do the look of the overall package...

Posting pics would be good :lmao: who'd complain?

I'll spare you the photos haha :laugh:

I don't want to lose anything (not that I have anything to lose), but gain the inches, just fyi :)

• Author
I've been focusing on my glutes for the last month and they have become noticeably bigger and rounder. I don't know how far it will go, will have more conclusive evidence after a couple of more months but it seems to me that squats and uphill running are worth it :)

I wish people would post photos! I need inspiration and hope! I tried looking for before and after pics but nothing.

Guess I'll have to take you and Hokie's word as truth.

Emilia, was your butt flat before? And I'm not saying flat in comparison to Shakira, I'm saying flat as a fritter.

• Like 1
I wish people would post photos! I need inspiration and hope! I tried looking for before and after pics but nothing.

Guess I'll have to take you and Hokie's word as truth.

Promise you I'm not a liar, besides it's all relative. I won't post a photo of my backside though until Hokie does of his :p

Emilia, was your butt flat before? And I'm not saying flat in comparison to Shakira, I'm saying flat as a fritter.

Not flat but small. The sides curved in and had a nice shape but quite small. I want bigger without ruining the shape. My jeans are tighter around my thighs and butt but my waist is the same. I have a high carb diet on the days I work out (roughly every other day) and squats/deadlifts/hill running feature one way or another. I always do hill running regardless how tired my legs feel.

• Like 3
Sunshinegrl

True.

I have always had a flat butt but have added 2 inches since August.

I have a problem with being quad dominant. That means that my quads take over and do the work that my glutes should be doing but the glutes don't really fire like they should. The result is chiseled legs and a flat ass.

I have found two exercises that really get my glutes going.

1. Deep, deep lunges. I do hundreds at a session!

2. Pulling a weighted sled. If you don't have access to one, you can drag any heavy thing behind you with a rope or fill up a large trash can with any kind of weight and drag it.

• Like 3
True.

I have always had a flat butt but have added 2 inches since August.

I have a problem with being quad dominant. That means that my quads take over and do the work that my glutes should be doing but the glutes don't really fire like they should. The result is chiseled legs and a flat ass.

I have found two exercises that really get my glutes going.

1. Deep, deep lunges. I do hundreds at a session!

2. Pulling a weighted sled. If you don't have access to one, you can drag any heavy thing behind you with a rope or fill up a large trash can with any kind of weight and drag it.

Sled work is insane on the glutes. I would add car-pushes as well (if you don't have access to a sled). Just make sure you have someone to steer the vehicle so you don't push it into a dumpster.

I speak from close-call personal experience here.

:cool:

• Like 3
  • Author

I am officially motivated by you guys! Thank you! Maybe later on down the road I'll update my avatar to my new 3-inch gained butt! Heh, if the moderators allow that is :D

Squating while carrying dumples screwed my knee and gave me a Runner knee syndrome......now I'm deprived from running and even walking for more than 10 minutes....So screw the butt if the cost was that high

Anyway you should squat with caution and don't put pressure on your knees specially in the begining

Edited by Noproblem
  • Like 1
Squating while carrying dumples screwed my knee and gave me a Runner knee syndrome......now I'm deprived from running and even walking for more than 10 minutes....So screw the butt if the cost was that high

Anyway you should squat with caution and don't put pressure on your knees specially in the begining

Runner's knee can be fixed

Runner's knee can be fixed

Yep. The best way to fix your knees are to do squats. It worked for me. :o

• Like 1

Squats and monster walks for me. Deep squats are so good. I make sure I stretch quads, hams and glutes properly. All helps

Oh, come on. Don't give wrong info that can ruin people chances of getting cured....It might have worked for you, but squats can't be good for someone who has runner knees.

I'm only saying that she should be careful while squatting, because sometimes it could cause her much.

Of course the runner knees can be fixed, but it will take much time and effort, been like this since January, I used to walk for 1 to 2 hours, now 10 minutes is painful to me....

Went to website and some people were complaining that even after 2 years, there knees were never the same ..So yeah, it can be fixed, but it will never be the same or at least it will take time.....

and I went to a doctor, she gave me a list of exercises and squat wasn't on the list, even I asked a trainer specialized and injury and didn't recommend squat. Actually most of the people who had runner knees on the that website advised against squats until cure completely.

Oh, come on. Don't give wrong info that can ruin people chances of getting cured....It might have worked for you, but squats can't be good for someone who has runner knees.

I'm only saying that she should be careful while squatting, because sometimes it could cause her much.

Of course the runner knees can be fixed, but it will take much time and effort, been like this since January, I used to walk for 1 to 2 hours, now 10 minutes is painful to me....

Went to website and some people were complaining that even after 2 years, there knees were never the same ..So yeah, it can be fixed, but it will never be the same or at least it will take time.....

and I went to a doctor, she gave me a list of exercises and squat wasn't on the list, even I asked a trainer specialized and injury and didn't recommend squat. Actually most of the people who had runner knees on the that website advised against squats until cure completely.

Hokie gives good advice

Here is a very good clip on runner's knee. A lot of doctors and other 'experts' will know less about these things than people who have to put their body through some very serious stress on a regular basis (like Hokie does).

Anyway, here is some explanation on runner's knee. The reason why squats and other strenghtening exercises that require flexibilty work is because if you truly have runner's knee, it is caused by tight muscles around the quads/hams/gluteus medius

+1 for frequent squatting actually helping with knee pain. If I don't squat at least 2 per week (recently moved to 3), then things start hurting.

The keys are mobility and good form.

Noproblem: in my experience a two dumbbell squat tends to be more quad dominant and limit depth than a barbell squat of any type. Cutting squats shallow (above parallel) can definitely lead to pain since the shear forces on the joint are greatest when the femur is above parallel.

I would suggest that you might consider switching to a goblet squat and focusing on form and depth. Focus on getting to parallel or slightly below, keeping your chest and head up, sitting back rather that down, and keeping your knees tracking over your toes. Your weight should be mostly centered over the middle of your foot or slightly back onto your heels. If you're weight is on the balls of your feet or toes, your quads are taking the entire load, which can lead to underdevelopment of your glutes/hamstrings and in turn, more pain.

• Like 1

Obviously, building your butt muscles will give you a fuller butt. Deadlifts and running would be a good addition. Squats will help but also hit your thighs hard too.

Your weight should be mostly centered over the middle of your foot or slightly back onto your heels.

My toes actually come up off the floor when I squat...but driving through the heels is the key to pain free squattin'... :bunny:

I've been squatting and dedlifting for over 25 years now. I look like I got 2 christmas hams in the back of my jeans:D