They don't hire you If you haven't worked in a while?

You haven't been able to find an entry level job in the past five years?

Have you applied to every restaurant, store, and hotel in the entire city more than once?

It just seems really off to me that you can't find an entry level job in all that time.

Currently working alongside Vocotional Rehab for the past year now.

I have applied to every McDonald's that I can reach at that I can get there to via city bus. I hasn't applied to every Burger King yet but I'm in the process of doing so.

I'm currently in touch with Krystals and Target but they have been putting me aside for months.

Target, I do have 1.5 years working there and left on good terms.

So while I hasn't applied to every store within my city, I did apply to every place that clearly has stated they was hiring and I failed to get the job, even with some customer service experience already in hand.

One method that I've used to explain a huge gap is simply school. I took the time out to further my education to add more value to my current and future workplace.

Of course, I can't use that since I have a small default school loan that I can't pay off in my current situation.

Never thought the one error I made would cost me this much time. Sounds like my entire life was locked in on that one particular moment.

I'm going to say this one more time

"If someone is asking you about a employment gap they are looking for reasons not to hire you because they already decided based on your looks that you are not right for the company's culture"

The end

And as an employer I disagree with you. Looks has little to do with our hiring process.

Looks have nothing to do with the hiring process? That's a laugh

The fact that you "help" people get jobs scares me...

Seriously. :confused::confused::confused:

• Like 1

What style? You complain and grumble, and argue a victim mentality with little actual evidence. And you help place people in positions? That is frightening.

Disagree all you want, I am very comfortable saying I have far more recruiting/placement experience and am comfortable in my statement. Has it ever factored in? Sure, but that is the anomaly.