Optionally child-free or regrets having kids

pink_sugar

thefooloftheyear
I have a son and I love him to bits. Truth be told that if I could do it all over, I would not have had any kids. Count yourself lucky...

But isnt it a contradiction?...How can you be so thankful for something yet regret it??

My daughter is everything to me..Its hard to imagine life without her...:love::love:

TFY

• Like 1
IfWishesWereHorses

I love being a mom! LOVE it! You would have to hold a gun to my head to get me into any type of child care! I subbed for a second grade class for 6weeks once when my sons teacher's husband broke his neck! That was more than enough for me! I also don't LOVE kids, the way most of my teacher and school admin friends do. I love mine and the ones in my life but I have no desire to take care of anyone else's!

My sister has been a principle of a very large blue ribbon middle school for years! She LOVES children! The best aunt you could ask for but she does not have her own. Even so, who do you think I call for parenting advice? Yep, she has 1300 middle schoolers, and three degrees in special Ed.

Now that said, a year and a half ago I ended up with a special needs, neglected and abused niece on my door step. I'm thinking, "no way, not me, I've been at this for 25 years, I'm done." Well, apparently not! Seems the universe didn't want these mad parenting skills to go to waste! :p We plan, God laughs!

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Haha, I am the opposite. I dont like babysitting, I dont like other people's kids. But I LOVE my son and I LOVE being a mom. Maybe because I made him so I feel a connection because of that. I dont know.

• 2 weeks later...

I love well behaved kids that can go back to their parents. :laugh:

I do NOT like colicky babies or disrespectful children.

There were four children in my family and my mother seemed to hate every minute of it. I think she deeply resented her children because my mom would always talk about the things she couldn't do because of her kids. I watched her stay with my father, even though she didn't want to. I'm sure that made a huge impression on me.

I have too many intimacy issues to become a parent. Just the thought of being permanently tied to a man through children scares the s h I t out of me. A wife can divorce her husband, but she can never divorce her children. I never want to feel stuck like my mom did. I do not wish to be pregnant or endure childbirth either. My husband and I love our freedom and our quiet time, along with having a sex life that doesn't have to be planned around kids.

I don't think God laughs when I say I don't want kids, because my husband has had a vasectomy. :laugh: I know those can fail but the chances are very slim.

I have a son and I love him to bits. Truth be told that if I could do it all over, I would not have had any kids. Count yourself lucky...

I'm sure he would feel real loved if he ever read this or heard you say this.

• 5 weeks later...
I'm sure he would feel real loved if he ever read this or heard you say this.

Oh brother. So no one's allowed to say they wouldn't have kids if they were to do it over again? That must mean that everyone who's ever had a kid (1/3 of which are unplanned in the US) absolutely loves their role as a parent?

• Like 1