Don't apologize for crashing lol. I'm using cav as a model, he blocked his ex's number and appears to be doing much better.

I feel good about blocking her for a few hours, then I feel bad about it. What a vicious cycle this is.

You feel bad because either you think she will contact you or that you don't want to stoop to her level and do what she did.

It was the same for me, I wanted to be as cold as she was.. but I couldn't and I realized it's because it isn't me. Just because someone else is being rude, well it doesn't mean that I need to be that way too.

I'm glad your doing better though man.. I've been doing better too. But it's one of those things where it's all in the mind.

I find when I'm doing my own thing I am fine and good. But when something comes up.. it throws you off. Like today was on FB saw a family picture with all my cousins. I didn't go this yr, but it sucked to see everyone so happy without me.. then it made me think I lost out a lot.

Family is enjoying life, my ex must be, I'm trying too.. but yeah. It's hard to see the world doing well and we as people suffering. But I kinda can't wait for Jan when my new school starts and essentially my new life.

It will be nice when a few of us have finally moved on and either found someone else, or are just super happy with ourselves and life.

It's good you blocked her, now you can completely forget she exists, got to say i'm pretty jealous I wish so much I could forget my ex exists. I would bet in even a few weeks you'll see huge gains in recovery.

Just remember fake it till you make it. It's helped me, forcing myself to do things and get out before when I just wanted to stay home. Eventually it becomes normal.

• Like 1
  • Author
It's good you blocked her, now you can completely forget she exists, got to say i'm pretty jealous I wish so much I could forget my ex exists. I would bet in even a few weeks you'll see huge gains in recovery.

Just remember fake it till you make it. It's helped me, forcing myself to do things and get out before when I just wanted to stay home. Eventually it becomes normal.

Well I won't be able to forget she exists, but I'll hopefully think of her less and less.

Well I won't be able to forget she exists, but I'll hopefully think of her less and less.

Yeah but at some point in time you WILL forget she exists. It will get to a point where you'll remember her either when u BU again or something about past relationships.

My last ex before my current one.. I never thought of her. I only thought of her recently comparing both BU's and I did think of my last ex when I met my current ex to compare it a bit.

Some point you will forget her to a point where you don't think of her and something has to happen for you to remember her again.

• Author
You feel bad because either you think she will contact you or that you don't want to stoop to her level and do what she did.

It was the same for me, I wanted to be as cold as she was.. but I couldn't and I realized it's because it isn't me. Just because someone else is being rude, well it doesn't mean that I need to be that way too.

I'm glad your doing better though man.. I've been doing better too. But it's one of those things where it's all in the mind.

I find when I'm doing my own thing I am fine and good. But when something comes up.. it throws you off. Like today was on FB saw a family picture with all my cousins. I didn't go this yr, but it sucked to see everyone so happy without me.. then it made me think I lost out a lot.

Family is enjoying life, my ex must be, I'm trying too.. but yeah. It's hard to see the world doing well and we as people suffering. But I kinda can't wait for Jan when my new school starts and essentially my new life.

It will be nice when a few of us have finally moved on and either found someone else, or are just super happy with ourselves and life.

I'd like to work on making new friends. Not even a relationship at this point. I'm a freshman in college, I feel like most relationships at this age are destined to fail anyway.

Not knowing what my ex is up to is still a killer. Then I ask myself "Do you really want to know?" The answer is usually No. The less I know about her the better. I wish I could find out her reaction to my text and if she knows that I've blocked her yet. Does she hate me now? Did she run and tell her "friends"? So many questions!

Trust me, you don't want to know what she is doing. Speaking from experience, if you find out they are with someone new and you are still alone it hurts like hell. If they are alone it gives you a false sense of hope they will want you back, because they are alone to. You can't win or gain anything by knowing, the best way is to know nothing.

It shouldn't take that long. I went out of town for 1 weekend and went nearly the whole time without even thinking of her at all. Without the reminder of them, they will fade.

• Like 2
Simon Phoenix
I'd like to work on making new friends. Not even a relationship at this point. I'm a freshman in college, I feel like most relationships at this age are destined to fail anyway.

Not knowing what my ex is up to is still a killer. Then I ask myself "Do you really want to know?" The answer is usually No. The less I know about her the better. I wish I could find out her reaction to my text and if she knows that I've blocked her yet. Does she hate me now? Did she run and tell her "friends"? So many questions!

It really doesn't matter. You're addicted to the drama. You'll realize the answer to that question is irrelevant. That being said, you finally manned up and did it and deserve credit for it. And you also deserve credit for maintaining NC this whole time. For as much of a hard time as we give you on here about your blocking drama, you really did handle this better than 95 percent of us would have at your age and in your situation.

• Author

I really was addicted to the drama from her texts. It's so many different feelings at once when I think about the fact that she's blocked. The less I know, the better at this point.

Whatever she wanted from me must not have been important enough, because she only told me once that she wanted to be friends and every other time she said "we need to talk". If she REALLY wanted to contact me, she'd find a way. I won't get my hopes up though, she probably wants nothing to do with me at this point.

Simon Phoenix
I really was addicted to the drama from her texts. It's so many different feelings at once when I think about the fact that she's blocked. The less I know, the better at this point.

Whatever she wanted from me must not have been important enough, because she only told me once that she wanted to be friends and every other time she said "we need to talk". If she REALLY wanted to contact me, she'd find a way. I won't get my hopes up though, she probably wants nothing to do with me at this point.

You shouldn't have any "hopes" for a girl that cheated on you.

• Like 1
Simon Phoenix
I shouldn't, but I do. Just when I feel good about blocking her, I feel bad about it and just want to hear from her again.

No you don't.

• Author

I like hearing from her, but don't know what I would say to her if I spoke to her again. Obviously I'd like for things to be as they were, they aren't going to be. I need to remind myself that she is dating someone else now, she is loving her life now and she has no interest in me anymore as anything more than a friend to ease her guilt. Even if it isn't true, I need to convince myself that it is.

If only it was that easy though.

Simon Phoenix
I like hearing from her, but don't know what I would say to her if I spoke to her again. Obviously I'd like for things to be as they were, they aren't going to be. I need to remind myself that she is dating someone else now, she is loving her life now and she has no interest in me anymore as anything more than a friend to ease her guilt. Even if it isn't true, I need to convince myself that it is.

If only it was that easy though.

Which is why it's good you blocked. The amount of mindf--king would be multiplied by a factor of 10 if you continued to let her textbomb your phone. But yeah, what you need to tell yourself when you start having those dumb thoughts is that she cheated on you. That's how little she thought of you. Sucks to revisit that but that's better than giving yourself false hope with a cheater.

No you don't.

He wants to hear from her, but only good things, not friendzone or other random things. Which you know won't happen.

Simon Phoenix
He wants to hear from her, but only good things, not friendzone or other random things. Which you know won't happen.

Yep, that's exactly why I said "no you don't". Because there's no way he wants to hear what she will actually say.

• Author
Yep, that's exactly why I said "no you don't". Because there's no way he wants to hear what she will actually say.

Well what would she actually say besides friend zone BS?

Simon Phoenix

Who cares? It won't be "I love you na49 and I'm sorry and I want to be with you forever and have little na49s".

• Like 2

You shouldn't care regardless, she cheated on you. The sooner you stop worrying about what she thinks the better.

• Author

Haha that made me laugh. You're right, it won't be that. So because it won't, it's better I don't hear anything. The longer I go without hearing her, the better I should feel.

mmh I hope I will make new friends in college hehe :love:

Haha that made me laugh. You're right, it won't be that. So because it won't, it's better I don't hear anything. The longer I go without hearing her, the better I should feel.

Yes, in my experience the longer out of contact the better. Granted I still run myself crazy thinking about her sometimes, the memories fade a bit and aren't painful anymore. I was up to nearly 3 months at one point and felt pretty good. 3 weeks ago it was opened up again and a few days was absolutely horrible, but back to good again. And the thing I found, each time didn't solve anything anyways, it was a waste of time.

The what if's are tough to let go though. But just pound in your head, she's a cheater and WON'T change, at least not anytime soon so nothing else matters.

• Author
Yes, in my experience the longer out of contact the better. Granted I still run myself crazy thinking about her sometimes, the memories fade a bit and aren't painful anymore. I was up to nearly 3 months at one point and felt pretty good. 3 weeks ago it was opened up again and a few days was absolutely horrible, but back to good again. And the thing I found, each time didn't solve anything anyways, it was a waste of time.

The what if's are tough to let go though. But just pound in your head, she's a cheater and WON'T change, at least not anytime soon so nothing else matters.

Yeah, she is a cheater and won't change. I find that I miss her when I'm not hating her. I have to remind myself that she not only cheated on me. She talked crap about me to her new "friends". Then told me that these "friends" were better than me. These new "friends" think badly of me when they have don't even know me. They are allowed to judge me without knowing anything about me. Something my ex felt strongly about. She always says "Don't judge someone until you know them". Meanwhile she allows her friends to judge me with no trouble, like there's an exception. There's no exception, I did nothing to deserve the treatment I got at the end of our relationship. But she gets away with a pass and expects friendship? I'm glad that she wants to work on our relationship 3 months later. f*ck her!

Yup. Getting pissed about it now lol. Probably better off to feel this way about her than miss her and how "great she was" :sick:

Well it also must be hard for you to let go too.. mostly because she rejected you. And I know the feeling.. it hurts A LOT.

I remember my ex telling me she replaced me. And yeah hearing it hurt A LOT... Just knowing she could just easily toss me away and throw in someone else in my spot. That was the hardest to get over.

It's the pain that gets to you.. not about what is happening now, but how someone can do what they did... but as life goes on we do too. It's the same thing as someone being a friend and you loan them LOTS of cash and they run off. It will hurt to know your best friend for 10 yrs did that too you. (Just using an example), so it's tough and it hurts when the ones we let so close to us and our hearts hurt us. It hurts A LOT then and that's why it's harder to let go or not feel the intense pain.

When we let someone close we let them get into our weak spots.

It's one of those things where some days your gonna feel good. And some days your gonna feel like ****, like you hate everything, like everything is crashing down on you, like nothing is good anymore.

And that's okay man.. those weak times come and post here. But remember we here got each others back and we will push through together as a team :)

• Like 2
  • Author

I appreciate the kind words, definitely what I need to hear now. You're right we will push through this together. You have all been so helpful to me. I notice my improvement in the month that I've posted here. (I've come here a lot lol)

That rejection is what hurts. The fact that I trusted her is what hurts. She'll never be back, and the person she is now is someone I should NOT want anything to do with. So hopefully the block will keep her out of my life and allow me to heal. If I never see her around campus, I wouldn't mind that at all.

Missing her less and less now lol. Tomorrow I might feel like crap again. This damn emotional roller coaster isn't fun.

• Like 1
I appreciate the kind words, definitely what I need to hear now. You're right we will push through this together. You have all been so helpful to me. I notice my improvement in the month that I've posted here. (I've come here a lot lol)

That rejection is what hurts. The fact that I trusted her is what hurts. She'll never be back, and the person she is now is someone I should NOT want anything to do with. So hopefully the block will keep her out of my life and allow me to heal. If I never see her around campus, I wouldn't mind that at all.

Missing her less and less now lol. Tomorrow I might feel like crap again. This damn emotional roller coaster isn't fun.

Well the school im going to in Jan.. is the same as my ex's. It woulda been nice if we were still together to go to a school once again together and hang out.

But now that it's over, that will not happen.

All I know is if I DO see her walking by.. I will smile and just keep on walking like I love my new life. And that isn't entirely to show off, but it's a good feeling to see them and be able to accept life has changed and things have changed.

I'm sure she would give me a cold shoulder, but I rather know that I can get past seeing her and move on. Then to randomly see her some day somewhere.

And no doubt if I crashed into her it will hurt to see her again. But I think that's the point to ACCEPT something head on. I just tell myself I'm at that school to learn and that's my primary objective and goal. And not her or anything else will come in my way.

So when your at school and see her walking by.. remember it's ALL about your career and school. Don't let her get into your mind and know your better life is your career you are there for!