Self-Esteem Vs. Righteous Anger

And how exactly do you do that?

I've tried explaining, I've tried pleading, I've tried articles upon articles and it ALWAYS comes back to accusations of denial and whining. I am sick of being shouted down and ignored. When someone isn't angry, it's easy to brush them aside... when they're passive it's easy to downplay how much impact the issue might actually have.

Sometimes revolutions aren't peaceful. Sometimes people need to get angry to inspire change.

No you haven't tried explaining. Everytime we've pushed you a little further on these issues, you've ignored and deflected, and yesterday you threw a hissy fit. How do you expect to convince anyone of anything like that? You've stated that you're not like others and that it's in your nature to question, to counter, to ask why, yet when we do it, we're shouting you down, and denying you. Is this how you debate in real life? Are we supposed to just tell you how right you and everything you post is? And then what?

Anger actually is easy to brush aside as crazy ranting when it doesn't have sound reason behind it. So far, what I've gotten is that you are lacking in attractiveness and it hurts you. I've never denied you that. What I'm asking is how are you going to change that reality for yourself, and how you expect to work within the system and shift the perceptions of others.

Is pointing out that this is complicated wrong?

And what is the problem with drawing attention to the problem? Lots of people (including people on this board even, hi Oaks) don't even believe the problem exists. They are so desperate to stick their fingers in their ears and go "Lalala" about the massive amounts of suicide by girls who feel socially unacceptable about their looks, about girls (and boys!) who develop eating disorders in an attempt to fit social standards, the psychological damage done to people who go on to have crippling problems with overeating, body image, and social interactions.

Hi, Verhrzn. No, those are not my beliefs.

Taking this back to the topic, though, do you agree with the article?

Hell, even on this board, before I became the Punching Bag for the "I want to whine about people whining!" Brigade, no one ****ing believed me that I even HAD dating problems. Do you have any idea how infuriating it is to be told that your experiences are made up, lies, exaggerations? To have your problems hand-waved away?

Are you seriously not capable of differentiating between trolls and normal forum users?

I've tried explaining, I've tried pleading, I've tried articles upon articles and it ALWAYS comes back to accusations of denial and whining. I am sick of being shouted down and ignored. When someone isn't angry, it's easy to brush them aside... when they're passive it's easy to downplay how much impact the issue might actually have.

You do realize that when you become violent the responses you get are going to be more violent as well!

• Like 1

I'm reading Brene Brown's book on women and shame, and I keep thinking of you as I read it (I can identify with some of the women mentioned so far). I found it through the library.

• Author
I'm reading Brene Brown's book on women and shame, and I keep thinking of you as I read it (I can identify with some of the women mentioned so far). I found it through the library.

What about it reminds you of me?

What about it reminds you of me?

Where people are telling you that your self-esteem is too low? Where you might feel shame over things related to your looks, your education level, etc. I'm in a rush so I can't say any more right now.