Marriage is completely unecessary

strongnrelaxed

Well, I am not sure if this is a prediction or an attempt at a curse (both perhaps?)

In terms of anger - you have no idea. But I am not bitter. I am fortunate to have a number of great colleagues, friends and my children around me. I also have a great career and all sorts of great things to be grateful for.

In terms of your other wish for me, I may indeed die alone. And that will be perfectly fine with me. I am a man of very deep principles. Most people find this odd or offensive. Being a military man is an outdated silly thing to most people. Being educated is "snobby" to half the country. Being a dedicated father is lame and weak to some people. I have heard it all.

I would rather die alone that married to someone I could not trust. I have met so few women whom I thought I could completely trust that I understand how rare a thing this is - and how special.

I am not as fortunate for you Pyro to have found one of the good ones.

Thanks for shoving my nose in that fact. You and MMe Chaucer make a great team.

I like Chaucer so I will take that as a compliment.:D

In all honesty I wasn't trying to shove anything of yours into anything else.

All I was saying that if you are as unhappy in real life as you are on here then you can't be too happy and it is something that you should consider changing.

You are free to never marry again if that is what you want but that doesn't mean that the rest of us are doomed.

• Like 1
Mme. Chaucer

I'm proud to be on team Pyro. A team of people who choose married life with our eyes wide open!

I'm proud to be on team Pyro. A team of people who choose married life with our eyes wide open!

FTR Chaucer forced me into joining her team.

Mme. Chaucer
FTR Chaucer forced me into joining her team.

It seems that the only way I can have any truck with men at all requires duct tape and chloroform.

• Like 1
  • Author
strongnrelaxed
I like Chaucer so I will take that as a compliment.:D

In all honesty I wasn't trying to shove anything of yours into anything else.

All I was saying that if you are as unhappy in real life as you are on here then you can't be too happy and it is something that you should consider changing.

You are free to never marry again if that is what you want but that doesn't mean that the rest of us are doomed.

It is perfectly reasonable for you to read this from my posts. But please let me be clear - I do not think that all men are doomed in marriage. I have known a number of happy marriages so I know it is possible. I just beleive it to be rare and very special and worthy of guarding and protecting - maybe even with one's very life.

It has been a shocking experience to come to this site and start out expressing relatively mundane thoughts and questions only to receive attacks. This has triggered me to respond stridently against some of the worst of them. The problem, like with much of life, is that the offenders too often to not see themselves as offenders. I think is is AA who says that the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

To make matters worse, some people do not realize they have a problem until it manifests itself.

Chaucer may be a decent woman, but I would so love to have a frank and honest conversation with her husband. Men rarely divulge to their wives (in my experience) that they find her naggy, annoying, prying, etc. And if the woman is patently dishonest or worse, the man will NEVER express that. This is akin to starting a marital war.

So too many men just sort of nod and say "yes" dear. This emboldens women too often to think that what they are doing is ok. This builds to a head and the children suffer most. This site is filled with women scratching their heads asking for advice about "what happened?" and "why won't he communicate"

I have tried to offer some advice, but the nastier women here attack me - when the problem may have been the woman herself. So usually men give up and just walk away. And the problems continue.

This is a tough nut to crack for sure. I do not expect to change a woman's mind here, but if younger men can read their responses to me, then they can get a sense of what they might be in for. They can also see how these women claim to be happy in their marriages, yet spew such horrible bile at men here, that something is clearly amiss. As long as young men can see that then I guess that is all I can hope for.

I am honestly much less happy in real life than I am here. This is the nice happy me. The main challenges in my life and by far the worst treatment I have received has been by women. And this site is a continuation of that.

Thank you for the kind tone. Not one woman has expressed such a deft touch and conciliatory tone on this website yet. There is always a condition that must first be met.

Have a great week.

• Author
strongnrelaxed

I wonder how your husband really feels about this. I also wonder if he is being honest with you about some of the issues I have raised here, or if he is too worn down by your attacks to even bother any more.

Many, many men do this Chaucer. They just learn to nod and say "yes dear". You cannot argue this one. It is a pop culture staple for cripesake.

I so want to believe that you are a good woman on the inside and that your horrendous responses are just some odd way of expressing yourself. The childish sarcasm you spew with the self-righteousness that I have only seen in very uneducated and ignorant people in the past must be for some other reason.

You can most certainly level the same charge at me. But I am in one of the most horrific life situations you could imagine these days - it's not an excuse, but I know how it shows up in my writing.

What is YOUR excuse?